I say it is time to Protest.

Started by J.D., March 22, 2005, 03:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs.Nightbreed

#25
I sent one to that address too 8):

Dear Governor Bush,
 
  I am writing in regards to the rise in ATV use and sales in the state of Florida. Myself and other riders know that ATV sales are now at an all time high. It seems we are allowed fewer and fewer legal places to ride. With the rise in sales and depletion of riding areas it is no wonder the media is full of negative stories involving illegal riding and accidents.
  My family and MANY others in this great state enjoy riding legally and safely with our children. It may not be everyone's family pastime, but it is ours. If you visit ATVFlorida.com you will see we have a number of riders in this state that advocate safe and legal riding. As well we have had organized rides dedicated to trash pick up in the Ocala National Forest.
  With all the sales, title and fuel taxes collected by ATVer's alone there should be more than enough money to allocate to more riding areas. On top of the funds I just listed many of us are more than willing to pay annual fees to access public riding land. As of right now the only area of this sort is Croom in Brooksville FL. If you look at the number of ATV's registered to ride there you will see that it is more than profitable to purchase and open up more areas of that sort.
  There are many families hoping to see more time and effort on this subject from our elected officials. thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
  Sincerely,
Melissa Walker

Mrs.Nightbreed

Maybe if they receive 400 emails from members of this site alone we can get attention...



BTW when and where are we unloading? I'm in.

CAOSPOP

Thank You miss Walker. I think we can do much,much better. over 80,000 people visited this site alone. I am soo surprised that not much more is being done for us. I think if we would allsend him emails and letters one a day it would drive J.B. bannanas. then he would get off his ass and do something. Like someone said before im sure they ride atv in the ranch in TEXAS. I wonder what the ATV laws like in Texas. Is Florida just where J.B. works and he goes somewhere else to play at our expense ?

big-daddy

Manny, that Mrs Walker. Mikes wife from ATP. Melissa, great letter we all need to send him a letter like that. Thanks  [smiley=Approve.gif] But it time to fight back, [smiley=pirate.gif] we need to show numbers. numbers count on relection
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

CAOSPOP

OHH Nice to meat you maam. Ricky ama call ya tomm about those radios hey when are we going to the hump again. we should do a group ride there.

J.D.

Yoy want to hear something funny ? I sent Gov Bush a letter that was dated and everything . My wife typed it up for me " she's smarter than me " 8) Any way , I sent it like 5 times even though I never changed the date " seeing how it was a masterpiece and all " . Well to say the least ,I was very proud to get a signed response from gov bush and I hung it up on the wall for all to see "I was verrry PROUD ". Well , I got 3 more letters  :-[ . That is why I feel we need to do something else ! Our second ammendment says something about a well organized mallitia , it is for our protection . We need to take this very seriously , Florida development is responsible for our little tea party ! All the biologists listening " If you cant figure out a way for me to use the land I am entitled to please resign in the hope that we will get one who can ! WE PAY THESE PEOPLE ! FOR WHAT ?
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

dreth

i will walk on my hands from here to tallahassee if i thought it would do us good. so im in for anytime anywhere ;)

J.D.

We know people are watching .... its time .It cant get any worse !
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

CAOSPOP

I don't think that by what we are doing things can get any worse. People please help us out this land is your land this land is my land is land was made for riding on by you and me !!! Cacthie song HUH   ;D

CAOSPOP

I'm sorry about the humor but this is very serious to me. I dont have a lot so the little i got i really want to take care of it.

J.D.

Are we officially backed into a corner yet ? When can we come out fighting .......when it's too late ?
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

YFZ450AndyH

It is true, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  We all have to figure out a smart, responsible way to get out plight more noticed.  As many members have said, there were over 80,000 visitors to this site last month.  If we could get even half of them to write letters or call their local representatives, our wheels will start to squeak.  

americanhighlander

#37
 ;DTry to protest  on news stations  on  cnn and  fox news
and  try to  protest  on the  local  news stations  in tallahasee

channel 27 http://www.wtxl.com and  channel 6 http://www.wctv6.com/  and channel 49 http://www.fox49.com/

I do get these  channel under  my locals on my direct tv sat system :).

contact numbers
[smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
WCTV
4000 County Road 12    this channel 6
Tallahassee, FL 32312
This where all email addresses at
http://www.wctv6.com/station/contact
850-893-6666



WTXL Channel 27/DT 22
8440 Deerlake S
Tallahassee, Fl 32312
Phone: (850)893-4140
Newsroom Fax: (850)668-1460


WTLH-TV
WFXU-TV/WTLF -DT     this channel 49
P.O. Box 949
Midway, Florida 32343
(850) 576-4990 FAX: (850) 576-0200




here's national news stations  this might get alots atvers alot people  come.   ;D
http://www.foxnews.com/   http://www.cnn.com/

here's contact for cnn

you might have send  feedback email.

here's web site
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/cnntv/



Well this stuff  i gave to  you  it should  help  you  out.And Pass  this  along for  you  atv clubs and your friends.So fight for your atv rights allow  riding. [smiley=EvilSmile.gif]


thanks,
amhighlander

Ps:I hope you guy-gals make  it   on dirtwheel magzine and I like some forums  sites  like  atvflorida.com,floridaatv.com,and northfloridaatv.org and atvoutdoors.net thoses are coolest  forums  topics  I read all time. ;D :) :D 8)

[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

yunt2ride

I don't think there was 80,000 different visitors on this site. Every time someone clicks on, it counts as a visitor I think.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

J.D.

We have to be part of the  same law that protects equestrian people ! Think about it , These events for ponies are held at what we would call mansions . The owners of the land have alot to lose as far as the value of their property , and through their connections they are protected by a special law ....do we at least deserve to be treated like horses under the eyes of the law ? Does $ always win ! I want my 30 sum dollars back ...It seems to be used for posted signs . I dont want to be any part of that . 1 more Drink  [smiley=abduct2.gif]
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

americanhighlander

 [smiley=pirate.gif]I wish they  have FL atvers protesters in washtion DC  in front captiol  hill  and  white house.That be something for you all. ;D :D :)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

backinsaddle

I think this is a great thread.  It's on the right track with some great ideas.  I also say the time to act on these ideas is now.  ATVing, or to be more specific, off road use, is being discussed by lawmakers as we speak.  It's much easier to sway or influence a topic that's currently being discussed than to try to bring it to the table again...sometime in the future when we find out too little, too late.

I'm all in for well thought out plans to support the sport and open more riding areas.  I think we should use every resource at our disposal to influence change.  The more methods and the more people involved the better the chances.

Remember it's not just us on this website, we have all kinds of off-road friends of the two, three and four wheel variety with the same problem.  Some of them are already organized, and some of them are already doing things...and it make sense for atver's to tag along and increase their numbers...why reinvent the wheel if they've already done their homework?

Maybe a sticky post with the following types of information so it's at everyones fingertips:

What can we do (i.e. letters, calls, group events, etc)?
Who do we know (i.e. two wheel friends, other websites/organizations), what are they doing, and how can we work together?
What are the government organizations that are involved in making the decision, and who are the contact people?

Possible even a calendar of event dates, letter writing campaign dates, etc.

Most, if not all of this information I'm sure I've read here in atvflorida.

To quote TRX350:

"We need to shape the laws that govern our sport."  After all, isn't that what freedom and democracy are founded on?

Ida_Mann

I like the idea about a group protest ride to the capital, maybe  we all unload down the street and make a slow run up to the steps?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

yunt2ride

QuoteI like the idea about a group protest ride to the capital, maybe  we all unload down the street and make a slow run up to the steps?

Id@

Thats what I'm talking about. Maybe we can unload at the National Forest in Tallahassee and ride from there.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

TRX350_On_The_Rack

We need to do what any group does to get things done. Start at the community level. Writing letters like Mrs. Walker (Mrs. Nightbreed) did is an excellent start. Let's create a petition based on that letter and get as many signatures as we can. We need to throw in some snail mail letters as well from different age groups and genders from all walks of life and religion. Politicians fear only one thing.....not getting the vote so we need to cover our bases and show the politicians that they need us if they want to stay in office. Now I know realistically the ATV community may not be able to swing the vote, but if we get other important groups behind our cause than we have something.

J.D. to answer your question: Money does make the world go round and we are the horses, but even horses kick back once and a while.

BackintheSaddle you have definetly got it right. So what's the next move?
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Mrs.Nightbreed

#45
I just wrote a letter to the same address someone else already did on this thread. Nothin special, just trying to add support ;D. I am glad you like my letter though. Anyone is welcome to copy/ paste it and use parts or all of it for a "form" letter if you have a hard time thinking of what to say.

SkyhighT100 already had a petition started a while ago. Many of us signed it. PM her and get her to repost the link to it. She has been trying to get this ball rolling for a long time [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] (without  much support [smiley=Disapprove.gif](.

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Let's make a standard letter for people to send and a petition. I got a lot of people who will participate and sign the petition. We need something that we can print and show people. Anyone here ever do a petition? What are the steps to creating, number of signatures, wording and where to send the finished form? Does it need to be certified and by whom? I'll investigate what I can, but any help wil be great.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

blupits04

We are not alone in this. I went on a google search and found countless articles of people all over the country getting banned from riding. Maybe we can find out a few of the local riders names and try to get them to join a country wide protest. Anything should help a little.
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

blupits04

I found a sight I think everone needs to sign up for and try to get our voices heard through them!


ATVAonline.com
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Good, but let's start on a smaller scale and build. Go to far too fast and it can easily backfire. We can talk to these other groups and see what they are doing to help our cause. I know up in the Northwest they have a lot more respect and freedom for the riders. Granted they have more forest than town/cities. This needs more investigating. Any extra volunteers?
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]