Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I say it is time to Protest.  (Read 124465 times)
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2005, 10:02:15 AM »

We need to get some attention to our problem of no place to go riding . Have any ideas for a peaceful protest ? I say we line up down the side of 95 with quads and signs. Slow traffic and make the news . Stuff like this worked in the 60's , It seems it is about time to do it again . Something has to give .If the state would just limit the liability of land owners our problems would be all but a thing of the past .Because we are quiet peacefull people , noone hears us and our problem only gets worse !

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 10:33:17 AM »

I set up a petition over a year ago online... I believe it is still floating around somewhere. As for protests, sounds good to me.. this is getting rediculous. Places get shut down, more people start riding, then we get fined for riding. UGH.. enough is enough.

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 10:55:25 AM »

IAM IN Grin
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 10:58:27 AM »

maybe let Tallahasee know of a date and do an ATV Chain where everyone sits on their atv on the side of the road on a certain day of the year all day. Kinda like the abortion chain that happens every year. Maybe that would get the message across. They have hempfest in public and noone gets arrested for smoking pot in public during that so if it was organized and a permit gotten, I don't know if anything could be done. It would at least show people how many atvs are being ridden.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 11:02:24 AM »

I am in for a protest

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 11:17:27 AM »

Sounds like a good idea to bring attention to the plight, although Im not sure doing it along side of 95 would be safe.  Im sure some rubbernecking driver would cause a crash, and then guess who who end up taking the blame and looking bad.  
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 11:20:13 AM »

ATV's are getting a bad rap so closing down places is OK with the general public. I think Americans would have to be convinced that we want safety for our riders above all to be on our side. People ATV'n thru residential neighborhoods is not helping. The news reporting ATV related deaths on the rise is not helping. If we want to have more control over the places to ride we need to show we are responsible and safe to the public. Maybe it may be tags, a sticker or something to claim ourselves the right to ride in more places like they do in Croom. I understand the state forestry is trying to open more riding areas so we can pay a yearly fee or so and ride. It needs to happen fast before the only place to ride is our backyards. The sad reality is that protesting is a joke. It didn't help for the Iraq war and it won't help us. The protesting of today is influence and voting power like the Christians have. How about a club called "Christians for ATV Riding" than Bush can sign a bill giving us riding areas.

kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 11:25:30 AM »

Anyone live in Tallahassee so we could all park at YOUR HOUSE LOL?  Then we can parade down in front of Jeb's office....need to make sure he is there  Grin

Deadmullet

Reality Is An Illusion Caused By Lack Of Alcohol

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 11:31:36 AM »

Can I tailgate? Grin

BBQ grill, keg, kitty pool ......

05' Foreman 500 S
26" ITP type 5/ 589's
K&n air filter,HMF utility,Dynojet kit,leakshield
Stik Guards,Front bash plate
Snorkit Snorkel
Ram"beverage"holder
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

Florida Atv Rally Sponsor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 11:31:44 AM »

were do I sign up?

Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 11:31:59 AM »

Only the squeaky wheel gets greased.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 11:36:11 AM »

state riding area are a joke! ride a trail that is lay out in the forest. sound to me like a ride on tracks in disney world. I want to ride freely on trails on our free land. we pay fees, but less riding areas  Angry  enough b/s

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 12:41:26 PM »

I agree with you Big-Daddy about State run parks being a joke to a point, but I don't see any other feasible solution. We need something or we may see the end of riding. The problem I see with private land is that it has to many loopholes in the laws which allows the owner to be sued. I don't want to see it come to having insurance on the bike/owner just so we can ride. If anyone has any ideas on how we can save ATV'n please feel free to post. I think we've all seen too many times were something seems fine and than the next thing you know your breaking the law. We need to shape the laws that govern our sport so we are protected, because when it comes down to it the Police only care about the law when they are writing you a ticket, hauling you to jail and confiscating your ATV.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 12:42:17 PM by TRX350_On_The_Rack » Logged

Qdawg76
Supreme Member

AKA FLblaster. AKA FLsportsman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 12:48:20 PM »

Were in Just tell us a date and place

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 12:53:33 PM »

Only the squeaky wheel gets greased.

And thats the Gospel Truth!
Protesting is okay. Not along I-95.
An organized protest after petitions,phone calls and letters would be appropriate.
If everyone here would use the links to the State and email them again and again. That becomes a squeak. Before the protest, notify the news. Not one agency, all of them. Tell/show them all the things done to lead up to the protest. Then Protest. Not one day, but two. Then no one can say I couldn't be there on THAT day. If you want it bad enough and believe in it you will go. I know that this weekend showed a lot of ATV'ers in FL at L-cross. The #'s are there to cause a squeak.
Make a story out of it and it will get played.
I will be there.
Will you?

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 12:59:43 PM »

We could have a gathering in 3 or 4 places around the state , riders could go to the gathering closest to them . I know that the NEWS people know about this site but they have not volunteered any assistance yet . We could consider it a timed protest so all of our group would be giving it hell right at the same time . We just need to make shure our protests are close to the local NEWS buildings and where people can see us .  Timing it to happen at the same time all over the state would be pretty cool . Maybe in front of local courthouses .I am in like flint  I think the timing thing would show a large amount of cooperation , and with nextel it is just to easy .

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 01:14:43 PM »

How about an event to show the public how much fun ATV'n is. I've taken out so many people who never have been before and loved it and usually bought one or more ATV's. Get the ATV Dealers Rick Case, Motorsports of Fort Lauderdale, Riva Powersports, etc. to help or sponsor this event. We can protest, I just hope it sends the right message. I can just image someone hurting themselves or someone and making it worse for us in the long run.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 01:15:08 PM by TRX350_On_The_Rack » Logged

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 01:15:15 PM »

Does anyone know the legalities of getting a permit for a protest like this. Remember when farmers went on strike and drove their tractors up to the Capital and made a show of force. We could all unload at a certain spot and ride them up to the Capital. Maybe every State could get involved and every state do it all at the same time.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 01:31:38 PM »

right on yunt, lets go

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
CAOSPOP

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2005, 02:00:56 PM »

I think the permits are at the discression of who your asking. $$$$. About a protest im all for it . Go infront of jebs house and let him know that all we want to do is ride ! DAMN IT ! We should start slow letters here letters there. THEN one day BAMM just show up and put our AZZEZ in thier face so that they willl have to listen to them. SH*T we buy ins. for uor bikes maybe the ins. companies can help.
TurboBanshee_kid
Supreme Member

banshee's 4 life and 2stroke's 4 life!!!!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2005, 02:17:34 PM »

me to

New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs
CAOSPOP

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2005, 02:27:58 PM »

Would'nt you say that our RIGHT as AMERICANS our RIGHTS to FREE and PEACEFULL ASSEMBLY as ATV riders are being infringed ? Everytime we go somewhere as a group arent we ASSEMBLING. Why Is the state taking away this right. Maybe we should sue them like someone can just sue you for saying a curse word in there presence. It may not go anywwhere but i'd love to see what it smells like when we start to stir it up ! I'm calling all the attorneys in this site to start a thread and lets all get together. Hell 10 dollars a member cant hurt.

THEY WANT MY A.T.V. THERE GONNA HAVE TO PRY IT FROM MY DEAD COLD CLAMMY DECOMPOSING HANDS !!!!!
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2005, 02:28:34 PM »

Grin Sounds good to me...The all state thing kinda sounds like an alien attack off of MIB  :-/ But it's a good idea they have all kinds of walk a thons and things they do for all kinds of other causes what about waiting till there is a big deal going on somewhere (parades, voting, Gov Bush coming around and go there. You know them Bush boys all ride atv's at the Texas Ranch)  Cheesy I'm in (when I finally get a quad!)

CAOSPOP

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 02:34:56 PM »

Hey! We had 80,939 visitors last month. Thanks for your support and always tell your friends about ATVFlorida.com. Lets make this site even better!

If all these 80,939 visitors would go  to Myflorida.com and send the govenor of this state an email. Please give us more places to ride. Its the least you could do since we as AMERICANS put you and your family where they are today. Thank you Sir.
It may just start something.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 02:35:33 PM by CAOSPOP » Logged
CAOSPOP

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2005, 02:45:26 PM »

I just sent this email to Jeb Bush. Jeb.bush@myflorida .com

Dear Mr. Bush I've been riding ATV's for about 1 year now and every where I turn I see that more and more places are being shut down for me and my family to rida our atvs and spend quality time together. I am asking you as a citizen of this great state and country that you intervene in this matter and help us out. If you'd like we are members of a website called ATVFLORIDA.com maybe you should check it out so you could see for yourself how many people love to ride and enjoy this beautiful state. I personally don't mind if you make us pay a registration fee for my ATV so that we can ride . Please Mr. Bush Myself and ny children are depending on your time and effort into this matter. Thank You in advance for your attention into this matter. Sincerely Manuel J. Orol. (miami,Fl)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 02:46:05 PM by CAOSPOP » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com