Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holey Land is closed now!!!!  (Read 9997 times)
PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 17, 2005, 06:27:54 PM »

Just wanted to bring it too everybody’s attention that Holey lands are closed and here is why.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/sfl-ppwetland17jul17,0,6080297.story?coll=sfla-news-florida  I am glad for once that this wasn’t the ATV’s fault this time but it sucks that it is closed. Oh well what you gonna do.

PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 06:35:10 PM »

I am sorry for posting this under 2 places but I just wanted to get the word out. Sometimes I don’t check Where to ride and Group rides. I am hopefully going to inform somebody  who doesn’t check both links. Sorry for the repeated ness.

Grizzlygirl

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 09:18:27 PM »

Thanks for the info Purelogic it's sad but a necessary closure
    Mama Grizz
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 09:24:54 PM »

how long is it closed for

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
Grizzlygirl

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 09:29:37 PM »

Until the water goes down
   Mama Grizz
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 06:41:04 PM »

Plan on 6 weeks.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
bbf
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 07:12:27 PM »

no good was a close place to ride
inked4life87

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 09:15:20 PM »

they did this last year.
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 06:04:22 PM »

Man that sucks.

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 09:39:59 PM »

Last year, they only closed the Everglades side(south side) and that was only for a few weeks.

bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 07:43:13 PM »

this is bad news!!!now many more people who ride atv's will be riding illegally...the state needs to do something in south florida for us
inked4life87

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 11:04:49 PM »

hey btf where you wrking now?we are looking for a road tec at united rentals pump power and hvac.
brett711

www.??????.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 10:45:56 PM »

ride at blockbuster golf and games, somebody made nice trails.

2007 honda rancher
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005, 11:13:59 PM »

I live within walking distance of the old Blockbuster property. Stay away, it's trespassing and it's too small an area so you'll be getting in my way. LOL Smiley

MustangTW

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 08:20:44 PM »

Does anyone know if you can still ride on the dirt levee close to where the paved road ends?  Not way down towards the pump house or anything. I just got a new bike need somewhere legal to test it out.
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2005, 10:14:59 PM »

hey inked,,,,i'm back working for CAT.......but entertaining a job offer at the moment,starting @ 19.50HR.....I GO WHERE THE $$$$$ AT
PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 12:40:52 AM »

Does anyone know if you can still ride on the dirt levee close to where the paved road ends? Not way down towards the pump house or anything. I just got a new bike need somewhere legal to test it out.

MustangTW  I would not recommend it. They say its closed! Its closed!  Due to the high water levels the animals that live in the everglades are pushed to higher ground. Higher ground = Levee. If you are riding your quad up and down threw their you are going to push the all ready stressed wild life back into the water from which they are trying to seek refuge from. Deer have been known to contract diseases from high water and transmit the disease to each other due to their close proximity. That’s just only naming one. The ramifications just go on and on.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 12:42:38 AM by PureLogic » Logged

Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2005, 10:01:25 AM »

Does anyone know if you can still ride on the dirt levee close to where the paved road ends? Not way down towards the pump house or anything. I just got a new bike need somewhere legal to test it out.

MustangTW  I would not recommend it. They say its closed! Its closed!  Due to the high water levels the animals that live in the everglades are pushed to higher ground. Higher ground = Levee. If you are riding your quad up and down threw their you are going to push the all ready stressed wild life back into the water from which they are trying to seek refuge from. Deer have been known to contract diseases from high water and transmit the disease to each other due to their close proximity. That’s just only naming one. The ramifications just go on and on.

The Everglades Restoration project should really help those deer out when they flood everything.  You want to talk about stressing them out wait till they complete that project and everything is under water.  What a joke.

Anoriginal

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 02:49:45 PM »

Unless you own a camp in Big Cypress and get a special permit, it is closed too until right before archery season. Although not really a place to ride ATV's I can tell you it is VERY wet down there so I can only imagine how bad Holey Land is right now.

We went to our camp in the Big Cypress this past weekend to mow our yard and do some minor camp repairs. It was super wet! With all the rain, I'd imagine most of the glades and surrounding areas will be covered over for quite a while.
300exstangboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 01:35:11 AM »

Just wanted to bring it too everybody’s attention that Holey lands are closed and here is why.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/sfl-ppwetland17jul17,0,6080297.story?coll=sfla-news-florida  I am glad for once that this wasn’t the ATV’s fault this time but it sucks that it is closed. Oh well what you gonna do.

That Link does not work. What is the reason for closing the area? That was the only area I rode at for mud, besides Dania.
Anoriginal

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2005, 08:24:32 AM »

I'm going back to my camp in the glades from the 27th through the 29th. I'll report back on how wet it is at that time. However, from the reports I'm looking at, it should be even deeper than it was in July.
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2005, 12:01:02 PM »

I'm going back to my camp in the glades from the 27th through the 29th. I'll report back on how wet it is at that time. However, from the reports I'm looking at, it should be even deeper than it was in July.

How does your camp not flood out there Anoriginal?  Is it on high enough land?  Do you guys have flood policys out there or what?  Hehehe..   Grin
Anoriginal

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2005, 04:51:20 PM »

We're on high ground. It gets within 50 yards or so, but never in camp.
sk8r_dude
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2005, 03:29:51 PM »

From what I have seen, it must be a real challenge for even a swamp buggy in Big Cypress during the summer months. How is it getting to your camp and are their times you just can't make it?

05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

http://www.beachinlineskates.com/
http://www.123skate.com/
http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/
http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com
Anoriginal

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2005, 09:09:29 PM »

From what I have seen, it must be a real challenge for even a swamp buggy in Big Cypress during the summer months. How is it getting to your camp and are their times you just can't make it?

Our buggies are pretty serious machines. Built to get you just about any place you can imagine and then carry you back out without incident. So far, I've yet to see it get to the point we could'nt make it to camp. However, I've sure had to pick and choose my routes from time to time.

The key to the Big Cypress and a buggy (IMO) is: (a) overbuild; (b) plan for the absolute worst; and (c) never go through the worst. Walking on emile in the Big Cypress is much different than any place else.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com