Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Job search 2005!  (Read 5279 times)
Njoutlaw88

« on: July 17, 2005, 01:52:24 PM »

Hey,

I have decided that I want to stay in this wonderful sport so now I have to find a job so I can pay to do this. I am 17 and I now work at a supermarket. I am looking for something that pays decent  What did you guys do for a job when you were my age? Any suggestions would be great. Keep in mind I live in sarasota, manatee county.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 02:21:33 PM »

Its hard work, but go try to find a contruction company, they pay good.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
qt314nfla

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 02:27:26 PM »

I don't know how the pay is but I heard somewhere that Home Depot is a good place to work.  On the long term you can make a carreer out of it w/ benefits, 401K, investment options, etc.  There are a few others as well.  In addition they train you in any portion of the store you work in so if you moved around to different parts of the store you'd learn to do you're own repairs.  Another cost saver.  Also since they are all over the country if you wanted to move  you could transfer to another store.  Just a thought.

Construction is a good paying job but it'll wear your body out early.  Alot of construction workers age very quickly cause of the heavy duty stuff and all the time in the sun.  Besides who wants to have to work outside in the Florida summer sun?
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 02:59:18 PM »

Kill people.
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 04:00:44 PM »

i want to get into sales. So mabey I could do something with that.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 04:38:12 PM »

I believe you have to be 18 to work at Home Depot and Lowe's. Maybe you should try Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. Also, goto your local ATV shops/dealers and see if they need a warehouse boy to clean and do local deliveries and errands, it may not pay as much as others but you will most likely learn to do all your own atv repairs and get parts really cheap and make friends to fix it for you.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 06:15:24 PM »

I believe you have to be 18 to work at Home Depot and Lowe's. Maybe you should try Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. Also, goto your local ATV shops/dealers and see if they need a warehouse boy to clean and do local deliveries and errands, it may not pay as much as others but you will most likely learn to do all your own atv repairs and get parts really cheap and make friends to fix it for you.

That's a great idea! I think most good jobs require you to be 18. You may have to tough it out for another year. Don't be afraid of college, either. Most successful careers require a degree.

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 06:39:29 PM »

JIFFY LUBE  Grin
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 06:44:13 PM »

JIFFY LUBE  Grin

I still think you gotta be 18, even for Jiffy Lube!

Kurt Hargarten
Warn Winch
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 09:38:05 PM »

Its almost a safe bet that anywhere that has heavy equipment or tools you will have to be 18 just because of Workmans Comp, but I am sure there are some exceptions.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 08:50:19 AM »

at that age I was on job number two working as a dishwasher at Olive Garden from 4 in the afternoon till about 11pm or 1am on Fridays.  that was 5 days a week, sometimes a weekend day.

I started at the age of 15 as a night janitor, the pay was good for the time and all under the table at $5 an hour and started at 5pm went till about 9pm 5 days a week.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 08:53:25 AM »

I don't know how the pay is but I heard somewhere that Home Depot is a good place to work.  On the long term you can make a carreer out of it w/ benefits, 401K, investment options, etc.  There are a few others as well.  In addition they train you in any portion of the store you work in so if you moved around to different parts of the store you'd learn to do you're own repairs.  Another cost saver.  Also since they are all over the country if you wanted to move  you could transfer to another store.  Just a thought.

Construction is a good paying job but it'll wear your body out early.  Alot of construction workers age very quickly cause of the heavy duty stuff and all the time in the sun.  Besides who wants to have to work outside in the Florida summer sun?

seconded, everything I have heard about working at the Depot is awesome, good starting pay, excellent bennys, probably hire at that age as well.

doesn't hurt to ask.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
TRX350_On_The_Rack
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 10:00:14 AM »

Use your head. Go to college. The state pays you to party.  Smiley

Surprised no one mentioned the military with all the new pay bonuses being offered. Free room and board. You can ride all sorts of vehicles.

wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 02:58:56 PM »

a friend of my runs a inter-locking paving stone company over there. PM me if you want to learn a good trade and makes some cheddar. You will now within the first half hour if you are cut out for that line of work.     

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
MrsPureLogic

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 10:14:57 PM »

What about the school board in your county?  There are maintenance jobs that pay pretty decent actually.  Not sure about you being 18....I looked up local vacancies, and it just says "high school diploma or GED."  It's good to get in with a county/state/city job...benefits, retirement (I know you're young...but it's good to get an early start).  My cousin started with the school board when he was 19....he's 33 now, making a LOT of $$.  Just a thought.   Wink
outtolunch

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 09:08:22 AM »

I sell boats in Fort Walton Beach.  I've been in the boating industry for six years been doing sales for two of them.  I started from the bottom.  Lot lizard, boat detailer.  Then I moved to rigging of boats.  Then went to a few service schools and got into service.  Now sales.  All along I knew I wanted to sell boats.  I'm glad I didn't jump right into sales.  I learned a lot more about the boats that I would be selling. 

2006 Honda Ricon 680 (bout time)
Hawgin4x4
Supreme Member

Whatcha know about them Bowties!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 09:37:36 AM »

Outback Steakhouse, pretty busy for a resaurant, make decent-good money for bussers, when you turn 18+ you can make 7.00-9.00 in the kitchen.

I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.
CAOSPOP

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 10:42:17 AM »

Crime... It pays
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 12:41:10 PM »

Crime... It pays

Nice message for a 17 year old kid. That and "Kill people."

Kurt Hargarten
Warn Winch
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 12:44:30 PM »

Crime... It pays

Crime...It pays Manny. I think Manny is lookin for some job security. All those Corrections Officers are corrupt! Trust me I KNOW, I watched Law & Order last night, lol.

CAOSPOP

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 01:14:33 PM »

Crime... It pays

Crime...It pays Manny. I think Manny is lookin for some job security. All those Corrections Officers are corrupt! Trust me I KNOW, I watched Law & Order last night, lol.

You watch too much television !!!

GPS for the amount of work i do vs the pay its too good.
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »

Crime... It pays

Hopefully this outlaw from NJ is old enought too not do those things. Roll Eyes
CAOSPOP

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2005, 01:23:15 PM »

But Crime does pay. It pays very well  Roll Eyes
Anoriginal

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2005, 01:44:27 PM »

17 is a bit young for this, but when I turned 18, I got a job in the adult film industry. Really, I did! Even starred in a few scenes.

Okay, it was a nursing home training video and I was an extra. Hence..adult film industry/nursing home. Paid like $35.00 for 4 hours work.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2005, 01:50:46 PM »

Crime... It pays

Hopefully this outlaw from NJ is old enought too not do those things. Roll Eyes

The kill people was a dumb comment but the crime does pay is true for Caos, You see, I think what he means is that if there were no crime then he wouldn't have a job. Hence , Crime does pay.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com