Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good news for Polaris and Honda buyers !!!  (Read 6076 times)
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 19, 2020, 10:18:42 AM »

I believe in supporting our local dealers as much as anyone, and June and I have. We have bought eight new ATVs and one side by side from three different dealers here in Brevard County since February 14, 2012. I don't know how you are treated when buying a new vehicle, but I can tell you how we were treated.

Every time they started with the full Manufacturer suggestive retail price, added shipping, assembling, and dealer costs which added at least another $1000.00 to the price. We have been told that they have to add these costs like it's the law or something. Then we have been told that they really aren't making much money on this deal, and that they make the money when you buy parts from them. One time I got a dealer to come down $200.00 from the msrp and they made us feel like we were taking food away from their children. I could go on, but that's not the purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread is for those buyers, like me and my wife, that are just sick and tired of being lied to and taken advantage of.

I found a place that showed us that these dealers were not being truthful with us. I will not post their info here as I think that it is not allowed. If you PM me, I will send it to you. I get nothing for giving you this info and if you buy from them, don't mention my name as they don't know who I am. The bad news is that they only sell Polaris and Honda machines. The other problem is getting thru to them. They are extremely busy and don't even call them on a Monday. The biggest problem is the distance you have to go to make the deal. It was 850 miles from Mims in Central Florida, but we saved over $2000.00 on a small Honda Pioneer 500.

If you go to their site, click on new inventory and check for the machine that you are interested in. Some listings have the price on them, but most you have to click on the request a quote. I have always gotten a quote within a minute, even on a weekend. It  will tell you the price and says no fees except applicable taxes. From what local dealers have told me, I didn't really believe them, but it was true. No shipping, assembly, or dealer fees were added. The only taxes we paid since we were from out of state was a $25.00 local tax which we were happy to pay.

I got this info from a thread from Facebook, We did buy from them, and it is true. Most people won't drive that far to save $2000.00 or more and that's OK. It's your money. I don't care, as I don't receive anything from this.  I just wanted to let my fellow riders have this info and maybe somebody out there is tired of all the BS that the local dealers are telling us. If two friends got together and went, it would cuts the travel costs in half.

We did a cash transaction, so I can't comment on the finance or trade in part of it. We are very happy with the way things went and we are enjoying our 2020 Honda Pioneer 500 !!!

Larry

TRIPOLAR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 05:14:56 PM »

That's awesome.  It seems dealers are having a hard time keeping inventory right now.  To find one that would offer a discount is great.
I only buy old junk and fix it up, so I will never need the information, but good to know.
I'd throw the dealers name up here anyway.
Glad to hear you're still out enjoying the trails.

stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 11:34:02 PM »

My uncle bought 2 four wheelers in Mississippi in 06. I'd imagine that's where you went.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 03:14:53 PM »

Tennessee
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com