Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best trail in ocala to take my 11 year old  (Read 7739 times)
POOR_BOYS_ATV

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2016, 07:56:03 AM »

whats the best trail  not to get ran over  with speeding bikes , the other question you have to get passes online ?

02 sportsman 700
05 kodiak
02 sportsman 90
96 banshee
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 10:39:33 AM »

Here's what I posted on another thread 6 days ago:

"I just got off of the phone with John and he said that the parks are closed right now till further notice. They closed them for the hurricane and made them leave for the west coast of Florida. They're back now and took their dog for a short walk and saw five trees down just in that small area. I would call the parks dept before going up there. Larry"

I don't know if they reopened the trails or not, but I can guarantee you that there will still be trees down all  over the place. Good luck !  Larry
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »

I just called John and he said you can ride the middle and bottom scrub jays on the centennial trail, but you have to be very careful as there are still stumps, roots and some trees extending out onto the trails. You really need to park at the campground. If you park at the trail head, you may not make it down cause of downed trees. He said that they haven't even looked at that part of the trail yet and he and Kris have taken out around 100 trees so far.

I asked him about the north trails and he said they haven't even started to remove trees up there yet.

He said that if anybody rides, to be very careful. There are lots of dangerous places on the trail.

It would probably be safer to wait another week or two. Larry
POOR_BOYS_ATV

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 02:51:25 PM »

thanks for the reply not going till the end of the month . not to worried about trees . more about daughter  getting run off the trail, being two way

02 sportsman 700
05 kodiak
02 sportsman 90
96 banshee
Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 10:18:01 PM »

with an 11 yo I would ride the wandering wiregrass trail.  It's a shorter loop (only 17 miles) and it is 90% less blind curves and trails and less likely for a head on collision.   I now ride the wiregrass twice and in my opinion its better.  The centennial is a great trail, it's just too dangerous especially with a younger child.  I don't know of any updates to that trail after the storm, but it's more spread out and not so tight so I'm sure you could go around down trees easier. Also, beware of hunting season on any trails in Ocala national forest.  I believe deer hunting with guns goes from Nov. 5th to Jan 22nd.  Hunters in Ocala can be nice and share the forest or they can be complete redneck jerks and come barreling down an ATV trail with a pickup and not move or slow down for you one bit.  Some actually get pissed that your scaring the deer and will yell obscenities at you.  I avoid the forest like to plague during this time.  Hope this helps.

2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 01:29:50 PM »

I agree, that would probably be the best trail for an 11 year old. I've only rode it once so I don't know a lot about it. I was told that during hunting season that the hunters there are a meaner group. I don't know if that's true--just what I've heard. Larry
Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 10:52:20 PM »

I agree, that would probably be the best trail for an 11 year old. I've only rode it once so I don't know a lot about it. I was told that during hunting season that the hunters there are a meaner group. I don't know if that's true--just what I've heard. Larry

you are absolutely right.  I'm sure there are more on the centennial trail, you just don't see them  On the wiregrass, there is a lot of open spaces especially in the pines and you see all of them.  the last time I rode there during hunting season. My friend pulled up in his new BMW SUV pulling a brand new Can Am Commander.  hence, we didn't get a warm reception from a few backwoods hunters

2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com