Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone been to Underhills lately?  (Read 11081 times)
scrambledeggs

Rise and Shine!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2005, 03:44:09 PM »

I heard it's OK to go out there again. The guy who told me said every weekend is open to riders. Is this true?
MrsPureLogic

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 03:56:25 PM »

We were out there a couple weekends ago....someone else posted that they went last weekend.  As far as I know it IS open every weekend.  When you go, they have you sign a release and it asks for your email address.....they say they'll email you conditions, info, etc.....we've never rec'd an email....and we keep forgetting to get their email!  If someone could get it and post it that would be a great thing.  Otherwise next time we go, we'll try to remember.   Wink
ucfneed2ride
Supreme Member

'07 Brute Force 750

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 04:29:31 PM »

I just got a newletter from the underhills via email but deleted it...next time i get one ill post the address.
I went a few weeks ago...$10 at the gate. Its not like when they used to have their big events but still a good time...

FORDFANZ

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 08:17:48 PM »

How  big  is  it  ???Did  they  close  some  off  ??

I NEED MUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MrsPureLogic

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 10:33:33 PM »

There's 3 gates....they say it's 500 acres......but the last couple times we were there.....I think gate 3 was closed off.  But it was still a lot of riding....good time had by all. 
cujo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 10:52:45 PM »

We've been going out there dam near every weekend for the last 3 months.It's not like it was....sometimes there's 40-50 mudders out....somtimes it's only 10-20.Last week it was fairly dry all the way back to the middle section and then still sort of dry going out back. In other words you could avoid the serious mud if you wanted. You could get in the nasty too. There was plenty of both.10 bucks entry and if you give your e-mail on the waiver sheet he will send "mud Reports".Not consistantly, but I get one almost every week.Can't beat it for 10 bucks !!
cujo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 10:57:01 PM »

Here is what I got today. Not much of a report but it's probably a bit drier than last week.Underbamboo Weekly Sale 
                                   Chester & Inez  Underhill Heritage Park

After working in the summer heat all day my energy level is so low that I am barely able to take a bath before I go to sleep let alone do any creative writing so pardon me for the lack of Florida's pioneering history in my not so weekly e-mail. The heat is why I haven't made some of the heritage park & bamboo plantation improvements that I told many of you that I said I was going to do, such as the barbecue grills among others things. My slower pace of getting things done related to the heat is similar to other projects that weather affects I forget just how hot it can get till the heat is here or how wet it can get till it's wet. By the way the mosquito population is down and much of the excess pooling of water that was standing everywhere has dried up around the large bamboo clumps. We haven't had any rain for over a week to seek of. This doesn't mean that you will be able to drive your 2x vehicle to the (in ground) bamboo plants around the farm to make your selection.
  For those of you that haven't been out to our weekly bamboo sale lately the bamboo plants both large and small their growth is at the yearly high in other words at their peak rate of growth. I am sure if you put off mowing your yard lately you at least understand how enthusiastic we farmers are in seeing our plant grow at such a phenominal rate even if you haven't ever seen your over grown lawn with the same delight.
  For those of you that have ask when is right time of the year is to purchase and plant a bamboo or most other plant the best time of year is now. There will be little or no need for watering especially if you managed to time your planting to con inside with the next tropical waves arrival. I usually dig holes and put compost in it as early in the morning as passable in order to avoid the mid day heat. It's best to wait till the late afternoon to put your plant it the ground. This will reduce dehydration and help your plant get started  with as little stress as possible. Another suggestion look at the plant and determine which side has the most foliage when placing it in the ground put that side toward the sun.  The reason for putting compost in the hole prier to placing the plant in the hole is you want have to wonder or have the soil checked for PH or any other nutrients this season. Never put chemical fertilizer on a newly planted plant for about 2 weeks it can and will most likely damage the plants rut system during this time. It's imposable to put to much composted soil on, under, or around any tropical plants that I am aware of.  I have plenty of compost bring along a bag to this weeks  Weekly Bamboo Sale and I will either fill it for you if  I ain't already exausted from the days heat. In any any case I have a shovel and you are welcome to get all the compost that you need before or after you checking out Underbamboo's selection of plants. This soil has all the nutrients that most types of plants need to get off to a great start. My compost is free with a purchase of 1 or more plant.
  Underbamboo now has a good selection of the most common bamboo on my farm it is a tight clumper and grows erect. This type was named Harosie in a previous ABS source list. It looks similar to Oldhami and could be a genetic variation though I believe otherwise.  Several distinct differences are there is no fungal scaling on mature columns at or near their base, it's leaves are longer, and at each segment there isn't any zig-zag like that of oldhami.   I have seen Harosie that's over 5" in diameter on old growth clumps it can reach heights of more than 70' tall.The clumps that I have for sale are about 20' tall  and the route ball is from 12" to 18" in diameter. The clumps that are for sale  are growing in the ground we will dig and rap rut and top delivery is possible if you wish.
  Remember that I am still looking for 2" PVC pipe and Chain-link fencing any quanity of either item will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Edward

MrsPureLogic

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 12:30:20 AM »

What's their email address?  We've been there 2 or 3 times, but we've never rec'd an email/update?  (Thanks)
cujo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 09:54:15 AM »

MR Underhills e-mail : underbamboo@yahoo.com
MrsPureLogic

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 03:38:53 PM »

thanks Cujo  Wink
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 11:26:18 AM »

so what kind of place is it Huh?

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 06:52:44 PM »

It’s a really nice place Rancherkid I am really surprised you never been up there since you have a utility and all. It’s about 500 acres with mud and trails. “I usually call it a confidence building course.” You can go out there and see what your bike can do and also see what you can do to. The mud is pretty thick at times but you are always guaranteed to get out. It’s small enough to were you can run back to camp when your thirsty or need to tweak something.  Usually here lately the place has anywhere to 100 - 200 hundred people. 4th of July it was really packed with allot  high school kids. With you being in high school you could appreciate. The place can be anywhere to an hour to two hour drive depending where you live. I would most definitely recommend this place to ya rancher kid, I have taken other riders from the web site and they loved it so much out there. It’s small like I said but the mud just keeps giving you a challenge. I usually spend the day out there in 2wd with occasionally going into 4wd. Oh and I just remembered you can check out our pictures from 4th of July here.  http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,4421.0.html  This is so you can get an idea. The Holey lands closed for us so we might go this weekend. MAYBE! I definitely recommend you come.

PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 07:03:18 PM »

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that you can camp out there for the weekend and it’s 10.00 dollars per person at the gate. And I do believe that it’s for the entire weekend.

rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005, 07:08:44 PM »

cool my mom says we got to get a trialer befor we go any where but ill try to see also i need to put better slicone on my snorkel be for i go out in any mud or water cuz it all came off  lol

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
FORDFANZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 08:33:36 PM »

Its  10 bucks  per  day  !!!!!and  iam  going  out  there  next  weekend  if  all  goes  well 

I NEED MUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PureLogic

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005, 11:39:38 PM »

Talking about the Underhill’s so much wants to make me go. I opened a thread for anybody that wants to go! http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,4851.0.html

Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 09:08:07 AM »

Where is this place?  I couldn't find it on any threads.
muddy garfield

Finally, MUD!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 10:39:34 AM »

I always went up I-95 to Martin Hwy (SR714) and go west 12 miles. it's on the north side of the road.

Hey purelogic, it was nice to meet you this weekend at L-Cross.
redmopar

Mmm, beer.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 03:39:48 PM »

That would be exit 110 I beleive.  Wink

Se Florida ATV Club
 Click Here

04 Kodiak 450 Special Edition
84 Suzuki 185 Quadrunner
FordLuvinDirtyGirl

H.O.N.D.A.- Honestly Officer Nobody Drank Anything

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2005, 10:14:11 AM »

FYI....Ive been there many times and back in the day was a bamboo mascot...I have to say tho...be sure you r cleaning off really well when your done riding...I was out there a month ago and caught Impetigo from the mud & water I was riding in....if you dont kno what that is google it for the pictures its nasty...its a skin funk so to say you catch from playing in soiled mud!!!! gross...i heard rumors off stuff getting dumped on ed's pastures as fertilizer... just wanted to give my 2 cents...took 4 weeks and 3 antibiotics to get rid of it and it leaves scars....highly contagious to yourself, itches and burns...hope no one else has to go through it....ok im dun bye bye  :-)

2004 F150 XLT 4x4, 33" Pro Comp MT'S, Black Nascar Rims
2004 Honda Reman 450 S 4x4 (Olive) w/26" ITP 589's on 12" Lumi ITP's) DynoJet, HMF Pipe, 2" Spacers, Lift & Snorkel!!
Well I ain't never, been the Barbie doll type!!!
*MUDSLUT*
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 09:49:57 AM »

Sorry to hear. That sounds gross. I have never heard of that before. I am glad it went away.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
FordLuvinDirtyGirl

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 05:51:23 PM »

Yeh pretty gross.....lol     Cool  im glad its gone too!

2004 Honda Reman 450 S 4x4 (Olive) w/26" ITP 589's on 12" Lumi ITP's) DynoJet, HMF Pipe, 2" Spacers, Lift & Snorkel!!
*MUDSLUT*
Grizzlygirl

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2005, 09:20:17 AM »

I also got sick out there the last time I rode. Rode on Friday and someone splashed mud in my ear. Well for five days all  I did was throw up. Finally on Wed I went to the hospital because it got worse. It was like something out of the exorcist. The Doctor put me on two intravenous bags and antibiotics, and  also gave me something for the dizziness. He said I have an inner ear infection that gave me vertigo. Well $ 3000 later a whole day in the hospital and the insurance only paid $ 1000.  An expensive weekend. Be careful of the mud
  Mama Grizz

FordLuvinDirtyGirl

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2005, 09:26:58 AM »

Glad to hear I wasnt the only one, sorry mama grizz, your was way worse but Im glad your better now!!! Ride On...maybe just not there, LOL  Cheesy

*MUDSLUT*
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2005, 09:36:24 AM »

I too got sick while riding out there. Got muddy and hosed off in that wash off area and got a severe sore throat and fever for 5 days. Went to the dr. and got some antibiotics and am fine now.

I think the cows crap all over that place and it is pretty much contaminated with poop. Probably a lot of runoff from the cow pastures into the mudholes too when it rains. 

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com