Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polaris Phoenix JUNK!!!!! Plant City Polaris dealer bad press.  (Read 16901 times)
Teej

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 04:59:09 AM »

My 99' Kawasaki has had two factory recalls on it. Besides that, while stuck in the mud, the fan apparently got mud in the motor and burned up. [that was expensive] Later,the rear axile also had water get inside somewhere. Within a year, my quad was squeaking whenever it first started going. Then it took longer to get it rolling, until one day it was seezed up.  The rear end was taken apart and it was rusted to the point it would not go. The rust had to be hand sanded completely off and it runs fine. You would think that a quad would be sealed better against the elements.

Anyway, I do not consider my Kawaskai junk. In fact, I love my Kawasaki. I was on another ATV site that has forum sections for all the named ATV manufactures. Scrolling through, they all have unhappy customers.

I recently talked to two quad racers that race on the circuit. They both race Yamahas. They started on Hondas, but said they spent too much time repairing the Hondas and now race only Yamahas. However; there are other racers that love their Hondas and that is all they will race.

Like posted, all makes have problems. But in this case, it does seem that the individual dealer may not have been taking care of his customers as he should. 5 months to get a bike repaired seems excessive. That doesn't mean that Polaris sucks. Hopefully if it is taken care of and ridden properly, it will last this kid. I hear that one of the best Polaris dealers to deal with is in Crystal River. I have never been there, but the dealer there has an awesome customer service reputation.

Hiding Huh    Thank you for keeping this thread alive the POLARIS & the dealer in P.C. appreciates it also.

As the author of this thread, you can lock it so noone else can post on it, or you can even delete it if you choose.

Teej

Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 01:04:13 PM »

No problems from me. I just posted how it happened, it was the dealer & the Factory. POLARIS could not supply the parts to the dealer for 4-5 months, How would any of you feel if you & your 11 yr old spent the WHOLE summer waiting for a part. It broke in April, he got it back after school started back up & the machine was less than 4 months old!!!  I see no need to lock the thread, I feel that people should control themselves a bit & not start jabbing others because they own a Polaris or use it for their screen name.  I am glad that every Polaris owner has had some good experiences, this is the Good The Bad & The Ugly. I did mention that they extended the warranty, that was the only good part, all the rest was ugly & then the hijacking started. Good day to all.
PHN

I am a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2006, 10:53:12 AM »

Just to keep this alive,...I have been very happy with my Polaris Sportsman 800...so far...The sales team at Grant motorsports were great...the first service was so-so...took longer than promised and had to wait for a replacement tire..(defective Swamp Fox, not Polaris)...I'm hoping the Polaris problems I hear about are on the older models, and people that beat them up....

The only complaint I have so far, (and I heard this before I bought a Sportsman,) is that the radiator is easily cloged wiith mud, and the bike will over heat if you don't flush it out....which is a good trick if you are away from campor anywhere with a hose....running through a ditch just won't do it....

Otherwise a great bike so far, but it is heavy if you do get it stuck...and Grant Motorsports came through in the end and took care of me...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com