Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wandering wiregrass  (Read 7156 times)
Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 06, 2014, 11:03:08 PM »

Does anyone know if a 61" utv can ride on the wiregrass. I read online that there is a gate/fence that only allows 50" atv/utv's to enter the trail. I have yet to take my new 61" wide utv on its maiden trip and my friends are riding the wiregrass on Sunday. Help?Huh

2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC
Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 03:24:36 PM »

So I took the quad to wiregrass on Sunday. Ran into a ranger at the TH and she said the 50" gate/fence is no longer there and I should be fine with my UTV just as a 61" RZR 1000 entered the trail. Wiregrass is a good short loop except for a few things. Some a-holes must think it's cool to burn the trail markers or destroy them. We got lost twice and could have used a trail arrow at a few forks in the road.  With hunting season, there are many parts of the trail that have deep ruts, especially the part of the trail that shares with trucks on the power line side.  Other than that, I only came upon one blind hairpin turn. Once i GPS the correct trail, it should be a decent loop for a quick ride

jaxbchjohn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 04:18:36 PM »

I have ridden ONF (North End) a few times from the Ocklawaha Campground entrance.  Lots of good clean trails.   Last time we were there we rode to Salt Springs, parked in the corral, and hiked the 10 miles( was only 1/2 mile but seemed longer cause it was so friggen hot) to the park. The water felt great after the dusty trail.  I have yet to do the wire grass trail, but one of these days.  Do you ever worry about running across hunters this time of year?Huh  Also I was wondering what kind of GPS do you use.  I have  NUVI I found in the trash, it works OK, but was curious what other people use.

Started with nothin......
Still have most of it
2013 800 RZR EPS
Lots of Add-ons
Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 08:09:46 PM »

We ran into about 40 hunters last Sunday, some friendly, some not.  I will respect the hunters that respect the ATV riders. The forrest us for both of us and done hunters think it's all theirs. Usually I don't go to Ocala this time of year, but I was jonesing to go riding.  I have a garmin 76cxs.  I've had it for a few years and it never let me down

speedman8903
Supreme Member

BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOUL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 06:58:57 PM »

Where exactly is the trails head for wandering wiregrass?? I can't find it on maps

05 brute sold

08 brute
10' CATVOS lift
29.5 w/itp ss212 all blk
mimb snorkles
epi clutch kit
rilla rad relocated
and much more!!!
kdclere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 09:10:57 AM »

You need to turn east on to CR445 from HWY 19 (towards Alexander Springs) and continue for about 2-3 miles.  TH will be on your right.  There should be signs out on HWY 19 directing you to turn for Alexander Springs, TH is on the same road prior to the Springs.

Kris
Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 12:13:36 AM »

Rode the wire grass loop twice today. Awesome ride and awesome day.  It's been about 6 months since I rode it. Looks there are a few new markers and signs which was great. The trail does need some grooming. Some parts had about 2 miles of 2-3 foot whoops right in a row.  Would love to see more attention to this trail system since it has minimal blind curves and a lot easier to ride than the centennial. Any help I can do when I'm up there I would gladly offer

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com