Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texting  (Read 24611 times)
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 10:04:17 PM »

I've never said the old man was guilty nor innocent of any law. A few of you guys are the reason defense attorneys make so much money. And, likely the same who wanted Zimmerman found innocent. You're the same folks who brought us the McCarthy era, Salem Witch Hunt, Spanish Inquisition, etc.. And, for all we know, he may take a manslaughter plea, while you work yourselves into a lather over something you cannot control and have very limited facts about.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:33:04 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »

No but you did kind of blame the victim and defend the old mans actions. This last statement makes me think you voted for Obama with all the flip flopping
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 08:35:40 PM »

They're both victims. There's no winner. What do you think about the news report which stated that a witness held the old man until the cops arrived? Really? An old man shoots a younger man in an alleged moment of rage(vs. fear) and then he simply let's an unarmed bystander hold him for police? Really? And, the younger man was simply treating his wife to a quiet night at the movies? Really? That's the way to show your wife a quiet and relaxing evening? Really?

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 10:32:36 PM »

It was actually early afternoon and the bystander was also off duty officer who acted for safety of others. I see both sides but pulling a gun over popcorn is stupid as hell and this old man has a history of bullying others in same theater and for same reasons. Trx spelled it out.
Go ahead and have last word.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2014, 07:21:52 PM »

Today, the prosecutor released video of the old man sitting(not standing) behind the texter. The video showed the texter tossing the popcorn from his seat at the old man and immediately getting shot to death. Without any other testimony to support the shooter's right to stand his ground, a jury will feel that the old man had opportunity to retreat, without reasonable fear of violence, and they'll find him guilty of murder, unless he cops a plea. Tossing popcorn(vs. take a swing) is the act of a girly-man. Knowing that, he might have handled it differently. The old man possibly could've reported the popcorn assault, again, and gotten the texter removed from the theater. If he just couldn't accept a popcorn attack, he possibly could have ID'd him and responded some other time.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:52:55 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 02:48:42 PM »

It's a shame you took as vehement stance as you did, Aint.  Clearly, the initial reports and gut instincts of most people have prevailed.  

The prosecution then began presenting its own slate of witnesses, starting with 68-year-old Charles Cummings.

He sat a few seats down from Oulson that January day in the row in front of Reeves. During the previews, Cummings said he heard Reeves and Oulson talking, and at one point, the latter said, "I'm just texting my 2-year-old daughter."

Soon after that, a "very agitated" Reeves left the theater then returned a few minutes later and again addressed Oulson.

Moviegoers recounted what happened next.

Mark Douglas Turner -- who spent 27 years in the Air Force, including time as a clandestine officer who worked in China -- recalled a relatively calm Oulson saying, "Do you mind, I've got a voice mail from my daughter's babysitter? Do you mind I check to see if my daughter's alright?"

The atmosphere changed considerably soon after that. While witnesses did not recount what Reeves said, Cummings said that, whatever it was, "I felt Oulson had enough."

Alan Hamilton, a corporal with the Sumter County sheriff's office who was taking in a movie with his wife, said he heard Oulson saying, at one point, "I am trying to text my f**king daughter, if you don't mind" -- using graphic language that Reeves' lawyer said suggested Oulson was angry and threatening.

The popcorn flew in Reeves' direction soon thereafter.

"And almost immediately," recalled Turner, who said Oulson threw the bag, "the gun comes out and there are shots fired."

Oulson then stumbled and said, "I can't believe he shot me," before falling on Cummings' son, the witness recalled. A nurse who also happened to be in theater then testified -- as Oulson's widow, Nicole, wiped away tears -- about unsuccessful efforts to save his life.

According to Turner, Reeves said, "Throw popcorn in my face."

Couple describes encounter with Reeves

Hamilton said that right after the shooting, he acted quickly to take the gun from Reeves -- who was sitting, as he'd been during the shooting -- and subdue him.

Before more authorities arrived, Reeves' wife told her husband "that was no cause to shoot anyone," according to Hamilton, the law enforcement officer who was then off-duty.

Reeves responded by pointing his finger at her and saying, according to Hamilton, "You shut your f**king mouth and don't say another word."

The off-duty corporal said that at one point, Reeves pushed back his glasses and said out loud, "Holy f**k, what have I done?"

This was clearly an aggressive person (Reeves) who felt privileged due to his former life.  Now he has no life at all.  Seriously.  Who made this guy the hall monitor other than himself?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:57:07 PM by digginfool » Logged

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 10:15:08 PM »

Thumbs Up

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 07:56:23 AM »

Thumbs Up
x2
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 06:31:59 PM »

Just the way he addressed his wife in front of witnesses makes me dislike and not want to believe he believed he was in the right.

I hear they have special places in prison for ex-cops.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 07:47:59 PM »

Just the way he addressed his wife in front of witnesses makes me dislike and not want to believe he believed he was in the right.

Id@

HOLY CRAP!

We've officially had a confirmed Id@ sighting! 

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 07:50:13 PM »

tis rare indeed, I used to pop in every now and then, this time happened to be looking in the for sale section to see if anybody had a small enclosed trailer for sale,,,,what has happened, this place seems dead?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 08:55:33 PM »

what has happened, this place seems dead?

Id@

That's an understatement. 

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
patches206
Supreme Member

32Ex-Lax and Newmember love the glory hole!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2014, 08:01:46 AM »

Id@

HOLY CRAP!

We've officially had a confirmed Id@ sighting! 

Like anoriginal on a quad, does not happen often.

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2014, 03:59:34 PM »

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.