Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 7074 times)
MyMaMuds

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2014, 09:33:17 PM »

Hello everyone,
I have been looking for a site such as this and was happy to come upon it. I have been reading some of the post and found out a lot of info already. My husband and I have been OHV riders since we were kids, growing up on 3 wheeler. We are now in our late 40's and are looking for others that have our same love for the outdoors and RIDING. Our machines are ATV 4x4 sport utilities. We live in central Florida and have done most of the areas around here. We don't care for the small adventure parks more of the long trail types. We travel quite a bit with our custom home made toy hauler. Have done Hayfield and McCoy's ( the best), Brimstone and Carolina Adventure World. We put about 50 - 60 miles on in a day. We still like to ride hard and fast. So by keeping in touch on this forum we hope to meet other couples and find new places to travel to. Would love to have some group ride dates.

His Artic Cat Camo 650 4x4
Mine Artic Cat Neon Green Mean Machine 450 4x4
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 08:12:04 AM »

Welcome to the forum!!!! 

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 09:25:58 AM »

Welcome!  Florida's not the most friendly state for OHV but there are still quite a few places to go.  The first thing I would suggest is buying access to Suburban Estates or River Ranch, since you're in Central Florida.  You can easily do those kind of miles in a day, particularly at RR.  I would also suggest you look into Tate's Hell up near Tallahassee.  It's mostly forest service roads and high speeds are frowned upon but you can put in lots of riding in a day.  If you like to travel, I would highly suggest Taylor Lake in Colorado.  I went out there a few years ago and we put in as much as 100 miles a day.  Some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen.  It lies between Gunnison and Aspen (in fact, you can ride your ATV to Aspen and walk around town).  There are a few ghost towns to visit (Tincup, Pitkin and St Elmo) as well as riding ranging from 7,500 ft to 14,000 ft.  Enjoy! 

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
jaxbchjohn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:53:11 AM »

Have you tried Ocala National Forest??  Sounds like your kind of ridin.  My wife and I made that our first trip when We got our RZR.  Nice campground on the north end at Lake Oklawaha.  My only complaint is the trails are not one way and you might meet up with someone by accident.  Our bucket list for this year is Hatfield and McCoys.  I was hoping to meet someone on here who would be up for a group trip.  We have never been but it looks like a blast.  We have done Mudd Muckers a few times, which is fun, but its not called Mudd Muckers for nothing.... that stuff is like cement if you don't wash it off right away.  Anyway welcome to the ATV forum.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:51:08 PM by jaxbchjohn » Logged

Started with nothin......
Still have most of it
2013 800 RZR EPS
Lots of Add-ons
patches206
Supreme Member

32Ex-Lax and Newmember love the glory hole!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 04:27:53 PM »

Welcome, Croom is a great place to ride with camping available.  Ever try Durhamtown lots of trails and different terrain.  Another great place in in Oliver Springs TN, Windrock or also called Coal creek.  Hope to see you out thee, I ride both utilities and sport quads.

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 05:22:38 PM »

I would also suggest you look into Tate's Hell up near Tallahassee.  It's mostly forest service roads and high speeds are frowned upon but you can put in lots of riding in a day.  ranging

Sorry Diggin but I hated Tates Hell. I wouldn't recomend it to anybody. Its the only place I been so far that I was glad to get back to the truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats up TJ!!!!! Sorry to hear about the wheeler acting up.

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
patches206
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 06:35:42 PM »

Whats up Steve, long time since I have heard from you.  We need to do a trail ride!

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
MyMaMuds

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 07:24:27 PM »

Thanks for all the welcomes and replies.
We do own land in RR and enjoy it because it's close but it can get boring. I have to agree Tate's Hell was not for us. I don't enjoy just riding up and down dirt roads. Colorado is defiantly on our list I have already looked that one up.
Ocala is one of our regular rides. We have camped at Lake Delancy but not the Lake Oklawaha. I just learned that one has direct access to the trail too. I highly recommend Hatfield and McCoys. Best trip we have done. We stayed at the Ashland Resort in a cabin for 8 days. They also have a campground. The trails are the best marked and maintained I have been on. All degree's from green to double black diamond. From Ashland you can access 4 trailheads. We started at 8-9 am and returned at dark, never crossing the same trails unless you were just getting to another. You cross the mountains from one town to the next. All the towns are ATV friendly on the roads so food and gas was never a problem. We plan on going back every couple years.
We have been to Brimstone which is the other TN trail system and you can ride 24/7. On our way out of town we checked out Royal Blue which I believe shares trails with Windrock all part of the TN WMA. We pretty much live at the Croom only because it is the closest to our house and we like to camp, actually headed out there Saturday.
So keep the info coming I'm keeping notes. Looking for some riding buddies Smiley 

patches206
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 10:20:52 PM »

What type of machines you ride.  I meet up with a few that ride utilities at croom or sometimes sports.

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
MyMaMuds

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 10:40:32 PM »

We will be camping at Croom this weekend.

digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 08:19:19 AM »

RR can get boring if you just keep using the same trails.  Lately what I've been doing is trying to see if I can get myself lost then find my way back.  Just keep making random turns at every intersection.  You never know where you might end up and sometimes find areas you've never been to before.  Can get pretty challenging down in the southeast section.  The western areas are not challenging at all, although there are some old trails that are fun to ride.  

If you are serious about Taylor Lake, here are a couple pics from our trip.  I've posted these up before but never tire of looking at them.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:28:49 AM by digginfool » Logged

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
MyMaMuds

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »

Great Pictures of Taylor Lake looks like our kind of place.  I guess what I meant by boring at RR was the terrain and scenery. We are pretty new to RR and don't know anyone personally who rides out there. We should meet up sometime and you could be our tour guide. Not sure when we will be going out.
Thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com