Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maverick 1000 XMR  (Read 8404 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 07, 2014, 04:05:36 PM »

Just bought one and took it to RR for the week.  Amazing machine!  Anybody else on here have one yet?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
patches206
Supreme Member

32Ex-Lax and Newmember love the glory hole!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 04:41:15 PM »

Who makes that, is that one of those Tractor Supply utilities?

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 08:55:38 PM »

Yup, PPG got one 2 weeks ago. Already had it out in the swamp on New Year's day. Doing R&D on some mods. Should have an inexpensive snorkel mod soon. It simply raises the stock snorks higher for deeper dives, while maintaining stock looks. Working on a more-convenient CVT box drain. Clutching will take longer. The suspension(rear) is vastly-improved over the Commander. We do Maverick and Commander mod testing on Sundays on private property in Labelle or Bonita. You're welcome to come along or just visit the shop in Dania and introduce yourself to the owners Glen and Connie Perry. Tell them I sent you and they'll only charge you double. Besides, PPG's an authorized Can-Am warranty and non-warranty dealer and won't keep your machine be in their shop for weeks! Did you ditch your Outlander? If not, you'll be surprised what PPG can do with that. This ain't no Tractor Supply, the Maverick will have the same impact on SXS sales that Outlander had on ATVs.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 09:38:38 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 08:04:36 AM »

Still have the Outlander, which brings up one of my only complaints about the Maverick.  The engine on the Outlander is smooth and quiet while the engine on the Maverick is noisy as hell with quite a bit more vibration.  Sounds like piston slap.  It's sounded that way from the first time I started it; only 194 miles on it, 9 when I picked it up.  No lack of power, though.  It's a beast.  Love the suspension, too.  Although that leads to the second complaint.  Twice now I've had air system faults.  Both times it allowed the rear suspension to deflate.  It worked itself out but I hope this doesn't end up being an Achille's heel.  I had someone at RR tell me that his shop does a lot of work on Mavericks and the first thing they do is trash the Fox air shocks, pump and all.  That's one feature that I really like; being able to adjust suspension on the fly.  Especially to be able to raise the machine 4 inches before hitting a mud hole.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »

68 vs. 101 hp for starters. Suspensions faults would require a visit to the shop or a ride with us. We always carry B.U.D.S., fluids, fans, ball joints, tie-rods, tools, etc..

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 09:27:12 PM »

There is quite a few decent write-ups on snorkel's for the MAV.  Not sure if they are any different than the XRS, but the inline fan coolers have been the ticket to belt life.  Also a real clutch setup like QSC or AirDam /// does wonders.

I deleted the ACS on my 14 XMR 1k, best thing I have ever done hands down.  Forget that air ride.  Overall after selling my air shocks it cost me just over $200 including the re-program from Buds Mega-Tech dealer and Fox Podiums.  I'll have to get some pictures up but my build is posted on Can-am forum and MIMB

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 11:19:55 PM »

There is quite a few decent write-ups on snorkel's for the MAV.  Not sure if they are any different than the XRS, but the inline fan coolers have been the ticket to belt life.  Also a real clutch setup like QSC or AirDam /// does wonders.

I deleted the ACS on my 14 XMR 1k, best thing I have ever done hands down.  Forget that air ride.  Overall after selling my air shocks it cost me just over $200 including the re-program from Buds Mega-Tech dealer and Fox Podiums.  I'll have to get some pictures up but my build is posted on Can-am forum and MIMB

What's your screen name over there?

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 05:48:41 PM »

Same. And if you need the contact info for the buds mega tech dealer I used please feel free to pm me. He uses Facebook strictly but I can get you in contact with him

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com