Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: discrimination or what?  (Read 24641 times)
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 01:53:04 PM »

offcorse i support atv riding,its my life i cant live without it..what i dont support/understand is ur unrealistic ways of thinking..ive been riding here in miami since 1977,ive seen a 100 places get shut down cuse of to many atv's or riders misbehaving and in 37yrs of riding,ive never seen any atv parks down here ( why would they make 1 now)?..when they can make a luxury high rise n profit millions..this site would get alot more support from the few riders in south florida,if u all just accpeted  riding in general n not be so stuck up as to where others ride.,,ur mentality is what been keeping this site from really blowing up n get bigger...i persoanlly love the mentality of atv connection.com..its all about riding period,,,and 4the record i do own 2 bad ass mautain bikes n i do ride the virgina beach track.its awesome.
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »

tell me how you support ATV riding?  what do you do to support atv riding cr500pro?

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 07:45:56 PM »

What the hell is a "mautain"?

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 06:02:38 PM »

encourage folks 2 ride any where they want and do what ever the hell they want.let them raise hell all over,.the more atv's the gov, sees  all over the more they will be prone to making a park,to combat the problem.,example..if 1000;s of kids r playing basket ball on the streets & causing a problem in general,the more the gov, will be in favor of making a park 4 them to keep them there and off the streets..many if not most riders are under the age 0f 25.here in miami,do u really think they r gonna write letters to the governor n stand with a sign protesting noooo,they dont give a sh*t about that,they just wanna ride....let them ride on the street, crash,get killed, arrested etc..the gov, will make an atv park faster to get kids riding off the streets,faster then all of us with protest signs at the state capital..
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2014, 06:59:17 PM »

OK so rally the atv riders to ride the streets, get chased, do something!!!   anything!!      atleast follow thru on your suggestions!!

cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2014, 11:54:05 PM »

ill tell u guys soon what a lieutenant with homestead PD told me how they tolerate atv;s down there cuse there 2many of them and no where to ride.its very interesting story....
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2014, 09:16:03 AM »

do tell!!   I gotta hear this!!    so if other crimes become as prevelent they are gonna tolerate that too?    you live in fantasy land cr500pro

cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2014, 08:42:27 PM »

the reason the city is spending tons of $$$ on the bike park in virgina key beach is cuse folks were riding on the street n getting hit by cars,then the injured bicyclist would sue the city for a few million,claiming that its the citys fault he got hit cuse they dont have a bike  park., in 24months the city of miami got sued 16times just from bicyclist being hit in key biscayne alone.costing them alot more then they r spending on the park..ill tell u guys later what the city of homestead has been doing to accept n tolerate  the large #'s of atv/rider out there...
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2014, 09:17:19 PM »

cr500pro, you are dilusional!!    the guys that got hit were road bikers NOT MOUNTAIN BIKERS   and there have been way more people killed on ATV's than bicycles!!  and you dont see an ATV park being built.   cr500pro   we have to talk so I can give you some facts!!!    I think you are going on assumptions!!   you really have to get informed as to what is going on

cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2014, 08:20:31 AM »

let atv'er keep getting killed,1 kid with a busted head gets more attention from the gov, then 1000 protestors at the state capital.
NotQuik

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2014, 09:40:47 AM »

I think you're right on queue, cr500pro.

There is a lot more liability with atv riders especially when a large majority are irresponsible to begin with.  There are a couple known atv areas near me that the county has been trying to keep people off of for years.  It seems like when people start getting hurt again or fires being started is when the law starts showing its face and in many cases impounding the atv/dirt bike because you shouldn't have been there to begin with.  People go out there not only to ride but to also "party".  This is when the bad things happen in the state or counties eyes.  In most cases who do you think ends up eating the medical bills after all is said and done?   Let's not forget if they needed to be air lifted due to limited accessibility.  I bet you most of these "irresponsible" riders don't have medical insurance.  I can attest because I personally know of many who fit into this above category, and they can't seem to figure out what they did wrong.  When told they don't want to hear it.  Imagine that. 

Let's look at what Florida Tracks and Trails is having to go through just to open their small riding area...lots of permitting and insurance.  Even Ocala has closed off many trails over the years.

Btw, they've opened a mountain bike trail near us.  It took the city years to finally get on board with it.  I can't tell you how many times they went in and either laid trees across trails or simple took tractors to the trails.  Generally when this happened was after some sort of incident would go down whether somebody gets hurt, fire, or simply the complaints of traffic through the residential neighborhood just to get there.  It doesn't take much for the powers that be too put their foot down.  I too would like to see more riding areas but don't see it happening like we'd all like too. 
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2014, 09:34:37 PM »

now they are gonna do a paved parking lot, a paved road, a covered bike wash!!   and yet there is no money for a atv riding area?   total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com