Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New trail rider from Polk Co. looking for some good places to trail ride..PIX  (Read 6505 times)
M35A2Driver

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2013, 05:16:53 AM »

Hi
I'm looking for some mild to moderate trails to take my truck through. I also have an 16ft enclosed trailer and ATVs. So, I'd like to camp out for a day or 2. Currently I'm in Afghanistan until mid July. I have a week off and want to do some trail riding. My truck isnt set up for harsh off roading. So, moderate trails at most.

I did some research for 4x4 trail riding and camping. I came up with 3 areas;
1. Hard Rock in Ocala
2. Richloam - Withlacoochee State Forest
3. Ocala Forest - Big Scrub or Delancy

Any suggestions on which to go to in mid July?

My ride

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:52:21 AM by M35A2Driver » Logged
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »

I just ordered the BakFlip for my truck. Do you have ant issues with it? Do you have any issue driving with it folded up against back window?

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
M35A2Driver

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:49:36 PM »

never had a problem with it. this is the 400 pound model but I never put anything on top
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »

Welcome to the forum & THANK YOU for serving in the military!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richloam/Green Swamp should be kinda wet by mid July. Also don't think they allow atvs. If you want to get alittle muddy thats the place. Make sure to bring repelant cause the flying oil rigs will tote you off!!  Ocala trails don't usually hold water but you can ride atvs & ride the trails with your truck. Delancy Campground has plenty of shade trees but no showers or running water. Big Scrub has only 4 or 5 trees but full bathrooms with showers. Neither have electric @ the sites so most bring along a generator.  Haven't been to Hard Rock but hear its basically just race tracks for atvs.   

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
M35A2Driver

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 03:45:53 PM »

Welcome to the forum & THANK YOU for serving in the military!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richloam/Green Swamp should be kinda wet by mid July. Also don't think they allow atvs. If you want to get alittle muddy thats the place. Make sure to bring repelant cause the flying oil rigs will tote you off!!  Ocala trails don't usually hold water but you can ride atvs & ride the trails with your truck. Delancy Campground has plenty of shade trees but no showers or running water. Big Scrub has only 4 or 5 trees but full bathrooms with showers. Neither have electric @ the sites so most bring along a generator.  Haven't been to Hard Rock but hear its basically just race tracks for atvs.   

Thanks for the intel. It seems like ocala forest (Big Scrub) is the place to go. Prefer somewhere quiet. Every time I hear a loud noise or backfire I jump on the ground from all the IDF. Not PTSD...just reaction. Anyone hear of Swamp Ghost in Orlando?
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 06:32:09 PM »

Yeah, I only need the 250 lb one, my wife ain't that fat! LOL

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 08:41:53 PM »

Thanks for the intel. It seems like ocala forest (Big Scrub) is the place to go. Prefer somewhere quiet. Every time I hear a loud noise or backfire I jump on the ground from all the IDF. Not PTSD...just reaction. Anyone hear of Swamp Ghost in Orlando?

Just did a google search & 1 video poped up.  Last post was 3 years ago. Sounds like it got shut down after somebody died out there.  Kinda looked like Rancho, there was a stolen car in the video with the windows broke out & no tag on the car accept @ Rancho they would have burned it!   

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 02:51:54 PM »

god bless all the military men n women in our country Smiley,,u guys are awesome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com