Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: river ranch  (Read 15477 times)
bubbabrian

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2013, 05:23:54 PM »

Anyone Else GoinG To River Ranch This Weekend?

07' big bear 400 4x4 irs
02' prairie 400 4X4-sold
trailrider77

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 02:46:52 PM »

ill be there!!!!

2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 04:18:52 PM »

If you don't mind me hijacking your thread...

I heard a rumor that apparently sport quads are not allowed to trail ride there anymore? I went a few years ago with my pops on our 400's and had a blast riding the trails. Would love to go back up for a weekend with a buddy of mine who owns a deed there as well, but not if we'll be turned away at the gate for having sport quads. Thanks!
trailrider77

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 04:25:07 PM »

I've never heard that last time we were there we saw a bunch of sports quads

Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
2500lbs winch
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 05:24:05 PM »

I hadn't heard of it either but another buddy of mine went up there during the FTR races and they were told they weren't allowed to ride. I'm pretty sure he meant they couldn't ride that day due to the races so I just wanted to clarify.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 08:19:19 PM »

Yeah I just called and they said atvs are not allowed.

I'm assuming that's because it's a private area and you need a deed to ride there? I have a good buddy of mine that owns a deed and is ready to make the trip up there but we're just not 100% on the ruling. We're both on sport quads but plan on taking a 4x4 and mud truck as well.
trailrider77

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 08:22:27 PM »

We are on our way down there now so I will ask them and post it up

Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
2500lbs winch
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 08:23:55 PM »

Awesome thanks buddy, I appreciate it!
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 09:07:52 PM »

River Ranch Rivergate is a resort which holds GNCC races, but, no recreational ATV trail riding. River Ranch is several miles west of Rivergate and is a gated hunting community managed by the River Ranch Property Owners Association(RRPOA). I'm unaware of any ban on sport bikes for property owners and no such rule is posted on their website. But, property owners pay dues to maintain control of their private property, which includes strict limits on bringing in guests. This is their attempt to prevent mutants(who are responsible for the lack of legal riding areas) from causing regulatory agencies to close the area to OHVs(which hunters have operated for decades). Government agencies had recently proposed converting the entire area into a wildlife preserve(banning ATVs). But, hunters have delayed the government's efforts for years and hopefully decades. Like it or not, sport bikers are just not perceived as demonstrating mutual respect for the hunters' environment/activities. Since hunters were responsible for brushing back the wildlife preserve land grab, I would not recommend taking sides against hunters, despite the amount of hunter areas in this state! Bike for bike, sport bikes are perceived to utilize more aftermarket pipes with higher decibel levels, tear more donuts into the dirt roads and trails and more-commonly disregard safety rules. Perception is reality to property owners and visitors, regardless of their vehicle type, sport bikes contribute nothing but a threat to RRPOA. It matters not that many utility bikers also ignore safety rules, including DUI, etc.. My son operated his Raptor @ River Ranch for several years. But, he never road there without me teaching him to respect the threats to that riding area. If you don't like the RRPOA's rules, you can buy some property, run for election to their Board and vote to change their rules.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:34:11 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 11:00:13 PM »

River Ranch Rivergate is a resort which holds GNCC races, but, no recreational ATV trail riding. River Ranch is several miles west of Rivergate and is a gated hunting community managed by the River Ranch Property Owners Association(RRPOA). I'm unaware of any ban on sport bikes for property owners and no such rule is posted on their website. But, property owners pay dues to maintain control of their private property, which includes strict limits on bringing in guests. This is their attempt to prevent mutants(who are responsible for the lack of legal riding areas) from causing regulatory agencies to close the area to OHVs(which hunters have operated for decades). Government agencies had recently proposed converting the entire area into a wildlife preserve(banning ATVs). But, hunters have delayed the government's efforts for years and hopefully decades. Like it or not, sport bikers are just not perceived as demonstrating mutual respect for the hunters' environment/activities. Since hunters were responsible for brushing back the wildlife preserve land grab, I would not recommend taking sides against hunters, despite the amount of hunter areas in this state! Bike for bike, sport bikes are perceived to utilize more aftermarket pipes with higher decibel levels, tear more donuts into the dirt roads and trails and more-commonly disregard safety rules. Perception is reality to property owners and visitors, regardless of their vehicle type, sport bikes contribute nothing but a threat to RRPOA. It matters not that many utility bikers also ignore safety rules, including DUI, etc.. My son operated his Raptor @ River Ranch for several years. But, he never road there without me teaching him to respect the threats to that riding area. If you don't like the RRPOA's rules, you can buy some property, run for election to their Board and vote to change their rules.

I can understand that, and I had no intentions of disrespecting the area. Basically we just planned to take the mud truck and our sport quads. Do a couple hours of trail riding and then take the truck out. He does own land with a camper already placed there just hasn't been in a couple years.

There would probably be 4 of us tops, and we definitely aren't the typical mutants you find here in Miami. I just wanted to know if we'd be kicked out for doing some trail riding OUTISDE of the hunting area. I recall last time I went there was an obviously marked section for hunters only, and then the rest was open for all bikes/trucks/buggies. Granted that was nearly 4-5 years ago so I'm not sure how much the rules have changed.
trailrider77

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 07:36:17 AM »

Well I just talked to the office lady here and she said any type on quad is allowed here

Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
2500lbs winch
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 10:43:19 AM »

Thanks trailblazer! I'm assuming as long as you own property their you're okay to trail ride your quad?

And I'm assuming there's a limit to the amount of guests one owner can bring? My usual riding group is about 5 people, and one of us owns property there.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 11:45:46 AM by klutchbuster400 » Logged
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 09:58:34 PM »

I was there today. Each property owner is limited to bringing in 2 guests. You'll need 2 propert owner buddies to get 4 guests in. Each guest puts up  a $20 deposit, must have ID, and wear a wristband. When guest leaves, $20 refunded. It's a dust bowl, right now. I'd wait a week for some rain. Please respect the rules and we can all enjoy it for many years. If you go next weekend, it's a holiday weekend and lots of families will be there. Please be safe.

trailrider77

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 11:51:45 PM »

Ain't do u drive a white truck I think I saw you there

Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
2500lbs winch
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »

Thanks for the update Aint! Would a property owners son count as a guest? We're planning on myself, another buddy, the property owner and his son.
trailrider77

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 12:01:51 AM »

No property owners son does not count as a guest

Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
2500lbs winch
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 12:13:27 AM »

Awesome thanks! looking forward to doing some trail riding! Hopefully change a bit about how people perceive the sport quads, I had an amazing time last trip and I'm hoping this one will be as good!
bubbabrian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 05:14:05 PM »

It Was Awesome... But Definitely Dry As Hell!

07' big bear 400 4x4 irs
02' prairie 400 4X4-sold
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 07:47:34 PM »

Property owner's son counts as a guest if he's 16 y.o. or older. Property owner must pay his RRPOA annual dues of $145, show a copy of his deed and copy of paid property taxes. Plus, EACH annual guest pass is another $125/year. I'd hate for you drive all the way up there to find this out. http://www.rrpoa.net/rr-rulesandregs-app.pdf
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:57:05 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 08:14:13 PM »

Property owner's son counts as a guest if he's 16 y.o. or older. Property owner must pay his RRPOA annual dues of $145, show a copy of his deed and copy of paid property taxes. Plus, EACH annual guest pass is another $125/year. I'd hate for you drive all the way up there to find this out. http://www.rrpoa.net/rr-rulesandregs-app.pdf

I appreciate the information Skeered! I'll have to talk to my buddy to make sure everything is up to date, last I heard it was but I'll double check. It's a long drive but the riding was well worth it!
Fsujester

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 10:28:08 PM »

Has anyone been out to River Ranch recently?  I am going this weekend and am wondering about conditions.
Also, I am somewhat new to the place. If someone can post some info on good mudholes, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500
2011 Can-Am Outlander 800 xMR
trailrider77

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 02:06:15 AM »

Well right now the whole place is a mud hole lol we rode the bombing range fence line all the way back it was fun and very wet

Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
2500lbs winch
Fsujester

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 05:52:50 AM »

I don't know what the bombing range fence line is or where. I'm that new!

Any way you can give me info on where its at or how to get there?

I've been to the area called the playground (or something like that) but that's about it. Thanks.

trailrider77

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 07:02:39 AM »

Ok if u stay on the main grade past the play ground just go strait till u hit the fence line

Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
2500lbs winch
Fsujester

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2013, 07:26:08 AM »

I know where it is now. Thanks.
Ride that line the only time I was there but it was dry.
It's a pretty long haul from the playground.
Any other recommended spots?
Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com