Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: any 1 here use, M.A.M atv repair shop in miami?????  (Read 5219 times)
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 06, 2013, 01:59:16 AM »

hey has anybody used (M.A.M ATV  repair shop) in miami for service or parts?,i live close to them and called a few times for prices and no 1 answered the phone.
ATCRIDER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 07:03:54 AM »

I will say that it was the one and only place to go back in the 70s 80s 90s-Grant really knew his sh*t. Hes OK but not the same guy he used to be....Dont expect great prices either. He also doesnt do repairs himself anymore- he may offer machining services-sent out to someone else. He is closed sunday and mondays and takes a few vacations here and there so always call 1st. He does stock NEW parts -no used parts. If he has to order something -well, good luck! You probably wont recieve it for a while. He waits till he has a large order sometimes. He will get you going again in a pinch otherwise...I rather just buy ebay nowadays- customer loyalty is something he expects tho.-I dont miss driving over there tho -Ill order online and save $$$ and gas. (Sorry Grant)
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 07:25:03 AM »

I rather go to performance atv, he even has a dyno machine for tuning Thumbs Up

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 01:18:31 PM »

My pops built a number of ATCs with parts bought from Grant, but this was a while ago. With Palmetto motorsports so close to home that's where I go for my OEM replacements since I rather give them the business over saving a couple bucks online.

If you're looking for someone to work on the bike for you I hear good things about performance atv, I've never personally dealt with them but I met the guy who owns it and he seems pretty straight up.
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 01:37:24 AM »

i remember going to MAM once back in 1988 or so with a pal,i remember Grant treating us pretty rude due to a mistake on his behave,i will say this  his wife vickie is a pain in the butt, she came out of the office yelling cuse grant got the parts mixed,she was roaring/cussing like bull.. Angry
HomesteadRaptor700

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 06:28:45 PM »

My dad has taken all his old Atc's and atv's back in the 80's and 90's and even 2000's and used to go by all his work and man when I started riding at 5 my lt80 ripped for a lil 80 I love grants work,also if I recall civicfrk1 old blaster ripped one of the fastest blaster's iv seen that wasn't a massive build he would kinda keep up with a raptor 660 with bolt on's at the time.I wish he can build me a banshee motor I love his work I bet he'll do a amazing aggressive trail set up I bet. It's a shame he doesn't build bikes anymore, grant just sells parts now. Grant I miss your work and so does my dad just not to many builders that care and know's a 2 stroke... But anybody know a reptuible shop in Miami fl??? I miss grant and his mechanic work to me M.A.M is number 1!!!!!!!
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 08:21:10 AM »

I
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 08:23:32 AM »

i called MAM, recently to see if grant could bore the cylinders on an outboard motor i have i called 3 differnt days and no 1 answered the phone....a dyno machine is the true/real way to find out if all ur high performence crap realy gave u more power...hey ZMAN how much do they charge u to gyno ur bike at that shop u mentioned?
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 12:25:27 PM »

Might be better to go to a "dyno" as opposed to a "gyno". In your case the latter might be better served!  Wink
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 06:56:50 PM »

call them up tues--friday 10am-6pm or sat from 10am-3pm  305 235-3880  ask for ray!   if no one answers leave a message he will call you back!  the guy is always really busyor just go by his shop 14055 sw 139ct  (court is like avenue)   its on the south side of tamiami airport

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com