Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Appalachicola ?  (Read 4736 times)
1Scorpion
Contributing Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2013, 09:35:39 PM »

I just got a yearly pass for Ocala.  It's also good for Appalachicola.  Does anyone ride there ? And if so what's it like ?  Is there a set trail system ?  Any info would be great ! 

Bandit350

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:27:52 AM »

I can't speak for the leon county side, but if you're coming from spring hill I wouldn't bother coming to the liberty side. I live about 10 miles from the forest and it's not even worth it, the last time I was there years ago the rules were very unclear and basically up to whoever leo you ran into, the attitude was they don't want anything motorized but they had to allow it.

I need to go try it out again, maybe things have changed. I just hate going places and not knowing if I'm doing anything wrong or not where I should be.
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:59:13 AM »

If its anything like Tates Hell which is part of Appalachicola its not worth going.  It was basically a pine tree plantation & the so called trails were lime rock & sand logging roads. The only challenging part was staying on the correct unmarked roads which made up the trail. I spent more time looking at the trail map trying to figure out which road to turn on next than enjoying the endless rows of pine trees & plentefull piles of bear skatt.

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
1Scorpion
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »

Thanks for info guys.  I agree I like to know if where I'm riding is legal or not. I don't need or want trouble. I'll stick with Croom and Ocala for now. They are a lot closer also.
   Bandit 350 if things improve up that way please let us know.
Bandit350

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 03:13:47 PM »

Thanks for info guys.  I agree I like to know if where I'm riding is legal or not. I don't need or want trouble. I'll stick with Croom and Ocala for now. They are a lot closer also.
   Bandit 350 if things improve up that way please let us know.

Will do, I need to gather up information on how well ONF does and show it to the commissioners and chamber of commerce to try and get them to support some changes around here. Anyone willing to help that knows how to go about getting the information?
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 06:13:20 PM »

Appalachicola Forest has same OHV rules as ONF, designated trails, etc.. Been there about a dozen times and never once hassled by LEO. But, I wouldn't travel to it if ONF was closer. If you ride there on weekdays, you'll likely not see another soul. But, I don't drink and drive. I don't take pleasure in carving donuts or dumping trash onto the trails or otherwise recklessly operating my ATV, else I'd go to RNYC.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
1Scorpion
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 06:21:22 PM »

Hey Bandit,  Go to where to ride section. and check out Centennial trail  thread.  The first post is from kdclere. Try contacting her I think she might be able to guide you in the right direction. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com