Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT AHS BEEN UR BEST N WORST BIKE? in general??  (Read 5539 times)
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2013, 01:08:00 AM »

hey guys Grin what size/type OF atv/dirt bike/dualsport,u feel was the( best or worst),bike u have (owned or ridden) in general?Huh...the most reliable/dependable bikes ive had in general have always been HONDA's!! .the 3 bikes i love the most now its my honda xr650l.trx400 & kfx700....whats urs?Huh?
liljon285

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 09:43:19 AM »

Honestly it all depends on the maintenance. I love Hondas but me I like being different, almost everyone has experienced a Honda, and I know a lot of Honda guys who have only had Hondas and decide to talk crap about everything else, when they're bikes aren't so good by the way they glorify it. I had a 2004 Suzuki sport quad 400 and that thing was so reliable, ALWAYS cranked right first try it held its own in the mud along with a couple atc, and I also took it to Alabama and had left I overnight with ice that built allover it and the next morning bam cranked right up. At that time my brother had a Honda 400 same year and he hated it, it would always kill batteries and everything was hard on it, he said my bike was like a Cadillac haha but I will admit the Honda was a little muscle bike compared to my Suzuki I loved eating crap on it but for long trails my Suzuki was better. Now me and him have moved up to 4x4s he makes more money so he got a 04 Polaris Sportman 700 twin, thing is a monster so quick! And I got myself a work horse a 06 Arctic Cat 400. It's not quick at all but it has massive torque awesome ground clearance and best of all a locking front diff when I need it. Everybody hates on Polaris and arctic cat yet I have them both and have had zero problems! The Polaris I agree can be a little more sensitive and we haven't and won't swamp it, but my cat I have no worries. I just got some 28s for it gonna do a mud pro snorkel and clutch and although it doesn't really need it another 2" of lift. I'm really happy with the bikes we've owned. And I am not biased at all, I like all bikes!
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 07:37:04 PM »

i sure my post about honda didnt offend u buddy that was not my intensions iw as just saying what my own persoanl experinces with hondas have been,that doesnt mean every honda is great.2yrs ago,i restored with 100% stock oem parts a 1986 honda atc 200x.honda still made every single part for that old bike,brand new from the factory,i tryed restoring a suzuki n kawasaki dirtbike from 1987 and many of the oem parts were discontinued!..thats 1 of the reasons i love honda..
liljon285

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 07:28:24 AM »

You didn't AT ALL man no worries. Plus if it comes to older bikes I love the Hondas, was really close to getting an older fourtrax 300! Those things are unbreakable. But my post meant about bikes from today and many of their owners, they get caught up brands just because its what they have and like, instead if respecting all bikes. They're made to work and have fun!
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 06:24:53 PM »

alot of new & young rider tend to buy the atv brand that is trendy,popular, & offcorse the 1's that win the races..before buying any atv i always  read  long term realibility reviews from regular atv riders out there(they have nothing 2 gain if i buy 1),not what the magazines have 2 say or factory have 2 say....realiability & parts availability is what counts 4 me
Crewsing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 07:12:39 PM »

I have been running a bunch of polaris bikes(2002-2012) in the last five years.  They seem to be pretty tough.  Like any brand bike, if you mod it out and ride it rough, plan on working on it.  Keep it stock and ride it easy, you won't ever have a problem.  I would buy any brand name bike that is grandpa owned with low hours and clean.  I have friends with all brands and they all work on them.  Well there is one friend that does not ever work on his,  he has a new xmr,  but he never goes riding, and when he does he is at the wash station cleaning it more than he rides it.   Ha ha.       

2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)
gmiller0737

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 08:43:48 PM »

I got My 1st ATV in 1994 a 92 Suzuki LT4WD That thing was practically Bullet Proof Sold it 6/12 in all the years I owned it the only repair besides normal stuff like Brakes & Batterys was The Reverse Switch & a couple of light bulbs & several CV boots,Currently Own-2007 Honda Recon 250ES,2002 Polaris Sportsman 400,2002 Sportsman 500 H.O. & 2007 Yamaha Grizzly 450 + a 2012 RZR 570 all have been reasonably reliable,Worst ATV We have had a 2005 Polaris Predator 90 it broke down on almost every ride (Son's ATV) We Replaced it with the Recon
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 11:15:27 PM »

1974 ATC 90 and a 1983 ATC 185s. Both bulletproof.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 11:48:15 PM »

my dad had  an 85 honda atc 200s, u could shoot it with an AK47 and it would still run great.he ran into a lake once, & it flipped up side down, we cleaned the tank, carb & put new oil,cranked right up, the pull rope broke on the trail,we put the bike in 2nd gear,lifted from the back a lil,ran with it  a few feet and droped it, bammmm started right up..and it was a mean hill climber & mud bike too.he would ride all day & only burn like a quart of gas...those atc's were awesome. Grin
Crewsing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 07:09:18 AM »

I found a stolen bike 2012 800 ranger crew in the back of my neighborhood sunk in saltwater.  It was there for over two weeks and completely covered with saltwater at high tide.  After pulling out(pain in azz) and talking to the owner, I bought and started working on it.  I have never seen so much salt water come out a motor, tranny, and both diffs.  Nasty.  I flushed everything a couple times with diesel, order a wiring harness, and fired it up.  It started for long enough to suck the remaining saltwater in intake system to hydrolock motor again.  But once I got the rest of water out it fired right up.  Had to replace fuel pump and primary clutch too.  Magnessium on clutch was ate up like it was dipped in acid.  Took about two months, but I lifted, snorkled, and put 31 s/w outlaws on it.  I rode it hard for over a year in every mud hole I could find and can not count the number of people and beer that that thing hauled around.  It was like a mini van and would always come in handy cause whenever someones bike would go down, they always could just jump on the bus. Only had one axel that popped on right front.  I remember one time I had 8 people on it with a small fourwheeler in bed.  Crazy how a 800 would push that heavy bike with all that weight in it.  Sold it a six months ago to a guy that knew the whole history of the bike and he loves it.  I wonder if any other brand bikes would hold up after a 2 week bath in saltwater.   

2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)
liljon285

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 05:05:42 PM »

I love the power and reliabilty of the atc my buddy has a few. Theyre great in the mud too. I just personally like thebride of four wheels so i cant have one.
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »

i have a 1986 honda atc 200x which i restored to perfection with the cylinder bored out .20over & a hotcam,everything else 100%stock.ive ridden it for 8hours hard thru mud,water,sand,trails u name it and the thing wont break anything Grin
johndoe83

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 08:16:37 PM »

Always ride hondas, reliability is the best thing out there!

Ive owned 83 xr80, 94 xr100, 94 xr80, 98 cr250, 01 cr80, 84 atc200es, 84 zuki lt250ef, 01 400ex.

all EXTREMELY well built reliable rides, the zuki we found in a field with weeds grown over it and a rats nest in the airbox, pressure cleaned, lubed EVERYTHING, cleaned carb, started right up ran great ever since.

the cr 250 and cr80 are still on stock bore and im not the first owner, start first kick everytime, the 94 xr80 was found in a lake by local cops, sat for 2 years then sent to auction where I bought it, cleaned carb starts first kick everytime now.

250es, 83 xr80, 94 xr100, zuki all sold.

I recently used the cr250 motor for a 400ex frame based hybrid atv, so I also own a 2013 home made honda hybrid racing atv.
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 01:22:45 AM »

im my personal experinces,i belive honda cr's and xr's r the best built,longest lasting bikes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com