Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gopro 2 quit working after firmware update  (Read 3428 times)
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2013, 06:38:32 PM »

I have been using my gopro  2 camera for about a year and have had no problems with it Until today when I updated the firmware. Now the camera won’t even turn on. Searched the internet and I see others are having the same problem and they are saying Gopro won’t help them out..  I was wondering if any one on here  has had this problem and if so did you find a solution for it.

"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"

Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4
TRXASAURUS

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 12:43:43 PM »

merle.. mine did the same...took out the battery and tried again...takes much longer to "boot" up... it also eats memory too, i didnt get a full race with it on...i have since disabled the protune and works fine.

check out Tampa Bay's Newsest Dirt Site...
www.tampabayridindirty.com
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 03:06:27 PM »

merle.. mine did the same...took out the battery and tried again...takes much longer to "boot" up... it also eats memory too, i didnt get a full race with it on...i have since disabled the protune and works fine.

Hi Brian.. Well the problem I’m having is that the camera won’t even turn on . Nor will the computer recognize the camera.  The camera worked great  never had a problem with it until I did the last firmware update.

If you did the firmware update you may notice to new files on your card. One is the LRV file. from what I can find out the LRV file is unrelated to the Protune mode. From my understanding of it the LRV file is a lower resolution version of the video recording used for preview purposes on the phone and tablet GoPro applications (less data to transfer wirelessly to the device running the application also the THM file which is a  JPG information file.. That might be the reason your card fills up faster.

Well i guess that is ok if you want to buy more cards just to be able to take more video. I for one have no use for the extra files and i would like to downgrade my firmware if i ever get my camera working again.

I did try out the Gopro App and if you ask me i say it's a joke.  especially when it causes more trouble then it's worth.

"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"

Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »

Yeah this appears to be a common problem, that's why I haven't even bothered updating my hero 3. Way too many people are having this issue and GoPro is taking their time remedying it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com