Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Centennial Trail - Ocala National Forest  (Read 88607 times)
kdclere

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 07, 2013, 02:03:45 PM »

Hey All!,
I just wanted to give a good update as to our current work on the Centennial Trail.  My volunteers are doing 98% of the work right now as I manage my locations during our busy season, so if you stop at Big sCrub or camp there and enjoy the trails, make sure to thank them.  Jimmy and Patsy have been raking and dragging the trail, taking the whoops down as best as possible and clearing fallen trees and debris.  Roy and Sharon, who were there last year, have picked up where they left off, trimming out the sides of the trail and opening up corners for better visibility.  They are working from Big Scrub east towards Blue Sink on the the lower part.  Billy and Jane are my campground hosts, but they are also out on the trails a bit and have been trying to replace downed signage and monitor trail use for me.  We have a lot of opened up trails and some missing signage due to the overuse of hunters in the area.  We will regain our hold on this once hunting season ends.  We are also still pushing for a youth training area in or next to Big Scrub to encourage the kids to ride in there instead of out on the sandy trail if they have minimal experience!  I hope everyone is enjoying the trails.  I will be double posting this so I can start a 2013 Centennial thread.  Happy riding and please be safe!
-Kris
dalem352

don't look back

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 08:28:34 PM »

well i have not been for couple weeks had to get my cat serviced wont b out their till the 18th but the trails were coming along real nice the camp ground host an his wife come out and talk to me when i am out their and i met the ohv trail workers sister up in apalahacola trails nice peple they do real nice grades on the trails well i'll b their friday the 18

Just ride
Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 08:38:30 PM »

Kris,
  Once again, thank you for all the work you do on this trail.  I have not been up to Ocala since September unfortunately.  I refuse to do the centennial trail during hunting season.  Too many jerks who give hunters a bad name, too many middle fingers flying from them and almost getting run over from some lifted piece of junk truck barreling down an atv only trail.  Can't wait to get up there after hunting season.  I'm in withdrawal .....lol.  Thanks again for all your hard work

2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 06:57:30 AM »

Thanks for the hard work to all. A kid area would be great near big scrub. It was really nice when you could ride under the power lines. (You could watch the kids from your campsite.)

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
kdclere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 03:17:30 PM »

Just as an update, the volunteers are doing great work down the on the Centennial and have made it past FR45 headed towards Blue Sink trimming.  They also have continued to raked and drag the trails and have them pretty smooth for your riding enjoyment.  Stickers and signs have been replaced, although we are still missing a few and teh corral is being repaired at Blue Sink after some people decided to tear parts of it down.  Come on out to Big Scrub and camp or just ride for the day.  stop in and say hi to the Voluneteers and commend them on the job they are doing if you like the trail.  They work very hard!  Safe riding!
-Kris
gmiller0737

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 08:14:15 PM »

I will be making the Trip down soon to Put some more miles on My new RZR
sugarsand007

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:36:54 AM »

Hey Kris, is anyone going to groom the Wandering Grass Loop???

2006 crf450r and 2006 polaris outlaw 500
CSpud

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »

looking forward to Centennial Trail this weekend.  Quick Question...Coming up from Tampa area, where do I get my OHV Trail permit?
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 08:56:10 PM »

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!  You can get the permit @ the trail head itself.  $10 for each wheeler or bike & the permit is good for 3 days!  They are located by the large trail map close to the restrooms.   Enjoy your ride!!!

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
kdclere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 03:04:08 PM »

Hey Kris, is anyone going to groom the Wandering Grass Loop???

They did it with tractor/dozer and atv rakes this past week...then we got the rain we wanted prior.  Anyhow it has been groomed and will be preiodically raked and dragged throughout the Summer by a couple of my volunteers.  Sorry for the delay in this reply.
kdclere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »

Centennial Trail is still being groomed frequently and the trail is trimmed back very well from Big Scrub to Blue Sink for visibility.  Still remember they are two-way trails and to ride with caution...but they are very enjoyable!
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 08:09:49 PM »

My wife and I camped at Big Scrub last night and ran the trails yesterday and today for the first time. They are in great condition! Didn't know about thanking them at the camp, but will next time.

I think everybody would be pleased riding there. We enjoyed ONF so much that we bought a yearly pass for $75.00. We also go the Senior Pass which costs us only half at the camp grounds. You have to be 62 years old to get it.

Thanks to all of you that work so hard making those nice trails !!!

Larry & June
1Scorpion
Contributing Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 07:03:08 PM »

We rode the Centennial trail Sunday.  It was great !  We will be back !   Just a side note please becareful there are a few blind curves.  There are other riders on the trails.   We only saw 4 atvs , 1 dualsport, and a couple of Rokons.    All seemed to be having a great time.   

little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »

You should have came out on Saturday. June and I rode Friday, camped out Friday night and rode all day Saturday. That's the 4th weekend in a row. We love that place. Larry
1Scorpion
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 09:29:26 PM »

You should have came out on Saturday. June and I rode Friday, camped out Friday night and rode all day Saturday. That's the 4th weekend in a row. We love that place. Larry
  Sunday was the only time my wife could ride.  She loved the trails. I'll be trying to get up there more now that I have a yearly pass.  Except for when it gets too HOT ! 
 I'm sure if you keep going that often we will get together.
zephyr

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 11:01:52 AM »

Rode the outer loop on Sunday found 8 down trees between FR30 and FR37 also it looks like the party-ers are trashingthe corral at blue sink again other wise had a great time Trail was in great condition overall

2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800
zephyr

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 02:34:28 AM »

Glad to report rode on Sunday and all the previous were cleared A big Thanks to the Trail crew!!!!! Hurry back Kris

2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800
dalem352

don't look back

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »

well ok been getting back out to the trail had a bad couple few weeks my dad died apr.23 took a month to get my mom back on track with all the family afairs. All the winter help are gone now but I met brain the trail hand staying at big scrub he was going to work on the blue sink area that place is a mess ppl just don't care bout what we have their they will shut it down if the mosters keep running it down but I can only ride during the week still will b out their tue. jun 10th
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 05:27:10 PM by dalem352 » Logged

Just ride
Mingy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 02:30:43 PM »

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE
1Scorpion
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 04:54:07 PM »

I want all of you who ride the Centenial trail.  To be aware of the DANGER !!
  I like the trail and will most likely NOT ride it again.  On Sunday my wife and I went for a ride on the trail. Nobody was parked at the north trailhead and we rode the long way to the campground. There we saw only about 4 campers. We switched rides so she could try out my new Grizzly 550. I rode her 250 Ozark.  She prefers I lead (I'm glad).  As we headed north to the truck to get gas so we could ride more.  We were taking it easy cause the trail narrows and has blind curves. I keep to the right just in case.
 Well it happened BAM!!! A dirtbike rider came flying around the curve and hit me head on.  His buddy was riding far enough behind but he almost me. The 1st rider hit the front of the quad right between the center of the front and the left wheel.  The impact caused the ATV to flip on it's right side. Damage to me is a swollen hand, wrist and elbow. It will take weeks before it's better.
 Damage to the quad, front bumper totaled and either the handlebars are bent or the steering stem. I'm not up to tearing it apart yet.
  So please if you ride there remember to use extra caution on the narrow sections with the blind curves. Had I been going fast it would have been much worse.
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 05:49:31 AM »

Really sorry to hear about that Roland!!!!!!  I had a colision with a sport quad on the north trails also on a blind curve in the Delancy Loop section. Came out with no injuries or damage tho. Some people think they are the only ones out there riding like it is a closed race course unfortunatly. If they want to ride like that they need to take asses to a race track!!!!!!!!

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
dalem352

don't look back

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 06:38:52 PM »

Sorry to hear about your Dad.
thank u mingy maybe we get to gather again for a ride at north trails  went to centennial Tuesday  I need a change of trails
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:43:08 PM by dalem352 » Logged

Just ride
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 08:50:16 PM »

I hope you got the idiots contact information, filed a police report and take him to court if he refuses to pay damages. And, that's the only courtesy I'd give that careless, reckless turd, before taking further action.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
1Scorpion
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 10:18:05 AM »

I hope you got the idiots contact information, filed a police report and take him to court if he refuses to pay damages. And, that's the only courtesy I'd give that careless, reckless turd, before taking further action.
No I didn't bother the damage to the quad won't add up to my deductable. That would have just raised my insurance rates cause of a claim.  He is not required by law to have ins.  You know he would not admit guilt. He had one witness I had one witness.
 Though had he hit and hurt my wife I would have lost it and ended up in jail.  So I did the next best thing. His bike had a badly bent front wheel with broken spokes. I know it wasn't rideable . The tire was rubbing against the fork. So I left him and his buddy miles from no where to get out on thier own.
 I'm going to add to my already massive front bumper on my Grizzly and ride it in front from now on.  He was lucky there were truck tire tracks on the trail he might have ran into a jeep.
 I do hope to spend time when the weather is cooler at ONF. And clear some of the brush on some blind turns up there. 
 Now I need info on putting a loud horn on my quad.
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 12:03:50 PM »

No I didn't bother the damage to the quad won't add up to my deductable. That would have just raised my insurance rates cause of a claim.  He is not required by law to have ins.  You know he would not admit guilt. He had one witness I had one witness.
 Though had he hit and hurt my wife I would have lost it and ended up in jail.  So I did the next best thing. His bike had a badly bent front wheel with broken spokes. I know it wasn't rideable . The tire was rubbing against the fork. So I left him and his buddy miles from no where to get out on thier own.
 I'm going to add to my already massive front bumper on my Grizzly and ride it in front from now on.  He was lucky there were truck tire tracks on the trail he might have ran into a jeep.
 I do hope to spend time when the weather is cooler at ONF. And clear some of the brush on some blind turns up there. 
 Now I need info on putting a loud horn on my quad.

Mount some train horns on your quad...  Blow them just before the blind curve.  You should scare them bad enough that they will already be down on the ground cleaning out their pants! when you come around the corner.           Problem solved!!!!

"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"

Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com