Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need help locating an old riding area in, Miramar.  (Read 10870 times)
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »

hey guys i need ur help here..im trying 2 locate this awesome riding location that i use 2 ride back in id say 1989/90 2 see if its still open or if anybody heard of it or remembers about it..this is what i remember about it,the exact address i dont remember..i know it was in (Miramar),there was a big lake were folks use 2 swim even ride jetskis,,& the lake had these  high piles of dirt all around and folks would ride on top of those hills of dirt around the lake,there was also a highway overpass/bridge (it was abandoned)  that u could actualy ride over it & it would end into a dirt road.it was a super popular place 2ride back then..thank you all Grin
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »

I "think" they called that place the Squares? Kinda sounds like it a bit. If so last I heard it's a pretty popular place for the cops.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 04:44:10 PM »

The Squares is/was in SW FL, Picayune Forest. Closed to ATVers, about 5 years ago, as part of the Everglades Restoration project. What a joke. There's no place to ride in Miramar and it's lakes belong to private landowners. And, there's a canal/pond where the Palmetto Distressway meets I-75, which used to be an area used by jetskiers and dirt bikers, etc.. But, the surrounding businesses gobbled up the land and all access to the pond/canal. Also, some locals still ride the very small area of muck called Lost Lake. It's located where the turnpike crosses I-75 in Miramar. Good luck getting in there and the homeowners will call the cops on you, no doubt.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 05:01:38 PM »

many i remember back in 89 or so that place was the place to be,sundays was insane dirtbikes, 3wheelers quads,jetski,trucks, sand buggys u name it was out there..was this place ( the squares) located in Miramar> i remember we use 2 get of the turnpike on Miramar parkway & i belive we would go west towards the  US 27.we get off the asphalt street,drive down a dirt road about 1/2mile or so,make a right and there was the lake & its big hills of dirt  around it...i had great times there dammmmm
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 05:27:18 PM »

i wanna see what gonna happen 20/30yrs from now here in south florida were all the land is taken up by the everglades & the other half by the human population,r we gonna live in newyork with buidling reaching 50 stories allover or r they gonna do population control?
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »

The Squares is/was in SW FL, Picayune Forest. Closed to ATVers, about 5 years ago, as part of the Everglades Restoration project. What a joke. There's no place to ride in Miramar and it's lakes belong to private landowners. And, there's a canal/pond where the Palmetto Distressway meets I-75, which used to be an area used by jetskiers and dirt bikers, etc.. But, the surrounding businesses gobbled up the land and all access to the pond/canal. Also, some locals still ride the very small area of muck called Lost Lake. It's located where the turnpike crosses I-75 in Miramar. Good luck getting in there and the homeowners will call the cops on you, no doubt.
People are still riding out at lost lake? I live a hop and a skip away from there but haven't been in years. I try to avoid illegal spots as often as possible, though I have a friend that owns a parcel of land that leads to Lost Lake. I never venture beyond the boundaries of my buddy's land since I'd like to avoid a ticket.

@cr, pretty much everything has been shut down in the past 5 years. Holylands was very awesome until a few idiots (I'm assuming it's their fault, as it usually is) screwed it up. I know people still ride out at Mac's Fish Camp but I believe they're getting very strict there as of late.

The only TRUE (aside from privately owned land) legal place to ride in South Florida is Miami MX, but you won't find any trails there.
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 02:35:30 AM »

where exactly is LOST LAKE??
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 06:10:17 PM »

lost lake is all the way at the end of (MIRAMAR PARKWAY) going west..ive riden at lost lake on my dualsport about a month ago,but i went a different  route,,,i took US27 north from miami,made a right on PEMBROKE road n another right at (sw 280ave) n rode down the trail  n made a left into the lake..theres a bunch of lil trails that take in in2 the lake that are easy for a dual sport,but if you have a truck/trailer..i dont know...i went in rode for about 3hours,then rode into the woods 2 eat lunch and i was out..that lake isnt the same without those huge piles of dirt around it,now its just an open area with 2 lakes thats all,easy for cops 2 spot you even tho i saw  (NO-NO TRASPASSING SIGNS),,I did see alot of atv track allover ,so i think folks r riding there..the place looks nothing like it did abck in the 80's n 90's Cry Shocked Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com