Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 42nd Annual Pumpkin Run  (Read 43406 times)
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 02:56:25 AM »

I'll have to let AMC answer the ? about signing up for the poker run.

Not sure if I'm gonna go or not yet Larry!!!!

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 06:20:13 AM »

Hey Larry (LBP300),

I'm glad you and your wife have decided to attend the 42nd Annual Pumpkin Run. You won't be disapointed, this event is the most unique event of its kind anywhere, and if you have never been on a night ride before....this is going to be simply amazing to you guys.

About the poker run,....I will be signing people up for the poker run as soon as the gates open Friday at 4:oopm until Saturday at 11:00am. The cost is $10 a hand and the winner will collect $500 in cash.

This is how it works, You sign up and pay for a card/cards as soon as you get to the event property (from me), and on Saturday at 1:00pm you will gather will all the other particpants of the poker run and be given the actual card which you will carry with you on a special 4-5 mile trail on the north end of the property where there will be 4 poker run staff members in various location along the trail, any cards not picked up by 1:30pm will be disqualified, with no refund.
 Each particapant will draw a card from a bag of a complete deck and the poker run staff member will mark that card being drawn for with the appropritae rank and suit of the card drawn, you will then continue along the trail until you have all 4 trail cards drawn, then you will proceed back to the main parking area where you will come back to the same spot you got your card and draw your last card (5th card) from me. The 5th card can be drawn starting at 4:oopm but no later than 4:59pm (no cards will be drawn after 4:59pm) and who ever has the best 5 card poker hand at 5:oopm will walk away with $500 in CASH.

It's always a great time, so sign up and enjoy the fun.

AMC
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2012, 08:27:43 AM »

Thanks for explaining it to me. Sounds like fun!

Larry
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2012, 06:30:07 AM »

Heading up to the event property this weekend to layout a few more miles of trail.

I will take pictures of the conditions and post them here when i get back.

Listen for our Ad on WHKR 102.7FM and check out our ad in the October issue of Woods-n-Water magazine.

AMC
TRIPOLAR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »

Counting the days....
Grizzly 700, Fresh brakes and new winch.
Grizzly 660, fresh brakes, rebuilt winch and new snorkle (Probably gonna need it)
Rhino, Well it is ready and been ready.

May have to test drive one of the toys Shorty is bringing.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:37:31 PM by TRIPOLAR » Logged
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2012, 02:04:15 PM »

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:32:39 PM by asmart82 » Logged
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2012, 03:35:56 PM »

Thanks Asmart82,

Yes, my wife and I are going for sure. We have even invited a couple from Vero Beach to go with us. We'll see you there. Larry
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2012, 06:28:37 AM »

shorty,

I can assure you that the "horror" stories that you have heard are just that......... "stories". We have been dealing with Seminole Powersports since they opened and have a very good relationship with them, I will be speaking with them today to express my concern about them brining someone with them to this event who would slander the long standing good name of this event without first consulting with the people who are brining you with them.

Anyone reading this post, please know that this is a "Family Friendly" event, we have been doing this event once a year for the last 41 years. We are nothing like the "other" mud parks that have sprung up in the last several years who have no other agenda other than a free-for-all where anything could happen.

If you have an ATV, side by side, or off-road Dirtbike, and LOVE to ride trails......this is the event for you.

AMC

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:49:50 PM by AMC » Logged
KirbySr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2012, 02:25:39 PM »

Team Apollo and The Pumpkin Run,

Please let it be known that Seminole PowerSports was unaware of Shorty's post until today, and in no way, share the same concerns.

SPS has been attending/sponsoring, and Loving The Pumpkin Run for almost 30 years and other than a few bruised egos and some hangovers, every year gets better and better.  My first year was 2000 and I have enjoyed every moment there since. 

Shorty has received some very good feedback from his question and ,in no way, meant it in a malice way.  He listened to 1 person that obviously either didn't know what the H%!! he was talking about or had the forum/event confused.

Sincerely,

Kirby Sr.
Owner - Seminole PowerSports   
shortysps26

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »

I apologize to Seminole Powersports and Apollo Motorcycle club. I was going off bad information. Too everyone involved im truely sorry for offending the event that has been going on for so long. I will not make this mistake again and will think first before posting .
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2012, 05:53:35 PM »

KirbySr,

Thank You for your prompt attention to this matter.

shortysps26,

Thank You for realizing your mistake and your quick retraction.. Your apology is accepted.

AMC
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2012, 06:22:35 AM »

Speaking of water under the bridge.......... Roll Eyes

The event property is pretty wet right now, but with little to no rain in the future forcast the main parking area should dry up nicely to allow all our guests a high and dry area to camp.

The water wheelie pit....it's full

The Mud slinging pit area....it's full

The Side x Side field......super sloppy

This year we will be utilizing our bridge to cross a canal and knowing there are some folks with ()----() wide rides, we made the bridge
70inches wide, so if you have spacer and 30+" in tires you might want to check your width. If your ride is wider than 70inches, you will have to take a detour when you come to the bridge (aprox 11.5 miles in on the night trial)

AMC
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2012, 07:05:02 AM »

That's a fun addition!
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2012, 11:37:05 AM »

Looks like fun! Can't wait! Larry
shortysps26

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2012, 12:07:04 PM »

are there trails for beginner riders?
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2012, 07:58:08 PM »

While we don't offer any certain trails for beginners...per say, we will have a short wide trail that will lead to the "side by side" field and back to the main camping area, and a short 5-8 mile trail that can be ridden during the day.

My advice to anyone with limited ATV'n experience would be; If you come to an area that seems challenging, pull off to the side of the trail and watch to see how others navigate that certain obstacle.

If you only have 2 wheel drive try not to get high centered in deep ruts by straddling the ruts and be ready to "bounce" your way side to side through tight rutty spots, and don't forget to use your body weight to shake side to side.

And finally, If you come to an area with deep water remember to shift your weight back and try to bring the front up to keep from sucking water into the air intake....if you don't have a snorkel that is.

If you do get stuck, don't worry........ ATV'ers are great people, ready and willing to lend a hand, or if things get really bad there will be a number on your wristband to call for a tow back to camp should your ride break-down.

Were all out there to have fun....and FUN is what it's all about.

AMC
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2012, 08:25:36 AM »

I would say 90% of the riding is fairly simple stuff.  Some of the tougher stuff with mud/water usually has some way around.  There will be enough people riding that you can watch what others are doing and mimic them if you get to a spot you are unsure about.

I've personally helped pull out/guide at least 5 people every time I go out. If your out in the middle of the woods and see someone needs assistance, you are just going to help out.  That's just how it is for me anyways Smiley
pault

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2012, 05:21:47 PM »

We are thinking about going this year which would be our first time. In a earlier post you mentioned there were several trails. How many trails will be available to ride and will there trails to ride if you do not participate in the poker run.
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2012, 06:11:05 PM »

pault,

We plan to have two trails. One 5-8 mile trial that can be ridden during the day on Saturday, and the main trial 15-18 miles that will begin at sunset (dark-thirty).

The poker run route will incorporate part of the Saturday trail.

There will be plenty of activities going on during the day Saturday, like trying out your balancing skills on the Quad-r-Totter, practicing for the Water Wheelie contest, or the Poker run.

We have introduced all these "new" things to entertain our guests during the day on Saturday, this ride use to be "only" a night ride and folks would ride around the pit/camping area all day cooking out and getting primed for the main event, which is what the Pumpkin Run is all about anyway.
It’s sure to be a lot of fun. We hope to see you there.

AMC
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2012, 06:12:16 AM »

Well, the waiting is almost over.....13 days and counting.

A lot of work has been done the past few weeks getting the trails all trimmed and arrows put up.

There are a few sections that have signage stating "WET" and "DRY", the wet side of the trail is for the folks with snorkles, and the dry side is for the family people with 2wd and kids.

The camping area is drying out nicely.

Who's ready for some cooler temps and some killer night riding conditions?Huh?

Who's ready for the 42nd Annual Pumpkin Run???
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2012, 08:59:35 AM »

I'm ready for it and so is my wife. Larry
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2012, 09:50:20 AM »

Is the Hyundai gonna make it?!
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2012, 12:20:40 PM »

I hope it makes it!   Smiley

It's only two exits up from 5A. But just in case, everybody keep an eye open for a blue Hyundai with a 14 ft trailer with two ATVs broken down on the side of the road. 

If it makes it up there, then I'll see you all there.

Larry
trailrider77

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2012, 05:10:11 PM »

Anybody in the springhill area want to ride together?

2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »

Let's give away another FREE pass to the 42nd Annual Pumpkin Run.

The next person to post a picture of a PUMPKIN on their 4wheeler/side by side/dirtbike (your ride) will win.

A carved Pumpkin would be nice, but not necessary.

One winner per username per event.

AMC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com