Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 42nd Annual Pumpkin Run  (Read 43414 times)
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2012, 08:30:42 PM »

It's that time again, Pumpkin Run time. A few changes are being made this year, all to ensure a better experience for all.

The biggest change will be that we are bringing back the "old school" main event (main trail) starting at dusk/dark Saturday night. There will be a trail to ride during the day on Saturday, but the main trial will open at dark-thirty.

We will have a kick ass Quader-Totter for use during the day,a Water wheelie contest, a SidexSide only track with a MUD drag, and of course we will be doing the Poker Run again with $500 cash to the best hand.

Here is the event flyer;

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away.

I will be offering FREE tickets to the 42nd Annual Pumpkin Run starting soon, so check back often.

AMC

AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 08:52:12 PM »

Well,..... I was waiting for the first person that replied to this post to give them the first FREE pass to the 42nd annual Pumpkin Run, but since no one will reply or inquire.

I will take the ninth person to post a "question" related to the Pumpkin Run..That perosn will win the first of several FREE passes.

One winner per (user name) per year.

AMC
Crewsing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 09:26:19 PM »

Where is it going to take place?

2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)
Dorsey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:33:28 AM »

Where is it going to take place?

I was wondering the same myself.

Is this event mostly for utility's?
TRIPOLAR2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 01:24:48 AM »

Will the trails have a lot of water on them this year?
TRIPOLAR2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 01:26:06 AM »

Will UTV's be able to navigate the main trail? Will it be wide enough?
TRIPOLAR2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 01:29:12 AM »

Is there an age limit for kids to ride?
TRIPOLAR2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 01:31:16 AM »

Is there a charge for Kids?
Age limit for free or reduced entry fee?
TRIPOLAR2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 01:36:35 AM »

Will the showers have hot water?
TRIPOLAR2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 01:37:59 AM »

Do we have to have flags on the ATV'S?
TRIPOLAR2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 01:38:26 AM »

Can we have camp fires?
TRIPOLAR2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 01:42:36 AM »

Well.........I think I am the ninth person to post a question.  Wink
Had a blast last year!
Looking forward to this year.

AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 06:37:58 AM »

1.  The event will be at the same place it was last year...J/K Cheesy The location is 1.8 miles south of 44 on SR 415 which is about 5 miles south of the Samsula/Spruce Creek area in Volusia county.

2. This event started 42 years ago as a timed "motorcycle" night race through the woods. It has since evolved into the coolest ~20 mile night time ATV/side xside trail ride in the country. 10 years ago it was considered the largest one day ATV event in the world, and as eveloution has it the are many "mud parks" now that offer "events"every month, but none of them offer what we do...and we only do it ONCE a year.

3. Right now, there is a LOT of water holding in the low areas but the camping pasture is suprisingly high and dry.

4. We are offering a side x side only area during the day on Saturday and working on laying out the "main" trail now with width in mind.

5. Kids 12 and under "riding" with a parent or guardian are free, if the child intends on "driving" there own ATV or "driving" mom or dads ATV they will have to pay the same $25 (pre) $35 (post) entry fee as everyone else.

6. See above.....

7.We will have showers again this year with hot water. We will also have a radiator wash station availabe to rinse bikes.

8. No flags needed....because there are NO reckless mud trucks allowed on the property.

9. YES...campfires are more than welcome ( I hope and pray it will be cold enough for a camp fire....I'm soooo ready for some cooler temps) all we ask is that you do not bring pallets or anything else with "nails" that would be left behind.

Congratulations TRIPOLAR2 you are the winner of the first FREE pass to the 42nd annual Pumpkin Run, send me your name and contact info for details on how to claim your FREE pass.

AMC
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 10:02:33 PM »

I have a couple of questions.

I have a Yamaha Grizzly 550 ATV. This vehicle is designed for one person. Can my wife ride on it with me during this event?

Do we have to wear helmets during this event?

Larry
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 10:12:19 PM »

Hmm. Tripolar had a blast last year, yet still has so many questions and has now won a free pass. Congratulations.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 10:53:18 PM »

I have a Yamaha Grizzly 550 ATV. This vehicle is designed for one person. Can my wife ride on it with me during this event?

Larry

Everyone entering the property must sign a release of liability waiver.....remember this part first and foremost.

With that said, our helmet and passenger policy are posted online and will be posted at the front gate reminding everyone that it is in your best interest to follow all manufacture recomendations, and to wear all protective gear to protect yourself, but you are signing a waiver releasing the land owner and Apollo Motorcycle club of any and all liability, so if you choose not to wear protective gear and ignore manufacture recomendations and something happens, you have no one to blaim but yourself.

The only thing that you will be stopped and questioned about will be if you are not wearing your wrist band,... if you lose it you will be ejected from the property and will have to pay the entry fee again to re-enter, or riding around with glass bottles, other than that we want everyone to have a great time and not get hurt.
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 10:57:47 PM »

Next person to post a picture of their group doing their thing will receive the next FREE pass to the 42nd annual Pumpkin Run.

AMC
hondaquad19

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 01:11:37 AM »

Our group doing our thing.

* 100_0011 (Small).JPG (93.06 KB, 853x480 - viewed 779 times.)
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 11:51:44 AM »

Quote:
The only thing that you will be stopped and questioned about will be if you are not wearing your wrist band,... if you lose it you will be ejected from the property and will have to pay the entry fee again to re-enter, or riding around with glass bottles, other than that we want everyone to have a great time and not get hurt.

If my wife and I ride together on one ATV, do we both have to pay a registration fee?

Any discounts for people over 60 years old?

Larry
AMC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 12:25:59 PM »

Registration is $25 per person (pre registration) and $35 at the gate.

In years past we charged $50 per atv, but folks were upset because they wanted to bring more than one bike in case they had a problem with one and would have a "spare" bike to ride.

Now you can pay your $25/$35 per person and bring as many bikes as you like. It really works out the same.

We use to have a contest at the "riders meeting" and the oldest rider would get his enrty fee back, and last winner was like 89 yrs old and could wheelie his Suzuki Eiger like a 12yr old on a huffy... Shocked

But to answer your question...No, no AARP discounts for the Pumpkin Run.
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »

OK, Thanks for your speedy reply. Larry
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »

Larry

Everyone entering the property must sign a release of liability waiver.....remember this part first and foremost.

With that said, our helmet and passenger policy are posted online and will be posted at the front gate reminding everyone that it is in your best interest to follow all manufacture recommendations, and to wear all protective gear to protect yourself, but you are signing a waiver releasing the land owner and Apollo Motorcycle club of any and all liability, so if you choose not to wear protective gear and ignore manufacture recommendations and something happens, you have no one to blame but yourself.

When you answered my 2 questions, I felt like I committed a sin for asking them. Like how dare I ask questions that goes against safety.

I just goggled pumpkin run and watched a video from another year where ATVs were running around a mud pit. I didn't see anybody wearing a helmet, (could have missed one though), and I saw several riding double with no helmets.

I understand that you have to cover your butts, but do most ATV riders wear helmets?

Do a lot of ATV riders ride double?

Larry

P/S I think you should award me a free pass just for asking real questions. Everyone else who has posted here are only posting when you offer a free pass.
TRIPOLAR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 07:09:48 PM »

LBP
I have been to this event many times.  I have signed the release, but never actually really read it.  I would look at this event like a trail ride at 5A or Holopaw.  Do what you do, the way you do it.  No one will say anything unless you are wreckless or otherwise impaired beyond control.  I personally do not wear a helmet and my wife rides with me.  My boys are required to wear their helmets at all times while riding.
I would say come out and have some fun!
strubby

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 08:25:02 PM »

I've done several Pumpkin/Rabbit runs, always rode double AND on a sport quad. It's always a good time. One year got REALLY muddy, we couldn't even get the trucks out, had to be pulled to the gate by the loader. AMC do you remember what year/event that was? Must have been a good 4+ years ago...

How are the trails looking? Wet/dry? I have a sport again this year, but may pick up a 4x4 by then also. I'm planning on going this year.

'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 09:33:19 PM »

Thanks Tripolar for your answer. Sounds like a good time, but for $50.00 I guess I'll stay at 5A and ride for free. Larry
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com