Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 A gain - 7 14 12  (Read 21952 times)
bigblack

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »

yo, Strubby!! Thanks for being the tour guide!!! definitely made the riding better!! Good to meet everyone! Glad the day was 99% successful! IN3, glad y'all didnt get hurt!! Like you said, I think for me to make that ride, I'd likely plan to stay there in some way, shape, or form, it kinda was a haul for myself, I can't even begin to think about coming up from Miami!! someone local should rent spots to throw up a tent in their back yard  Wink
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 03:39:33 PM »

Hi everyone! Well, I had to rest awhile as you guys wore me out again! I had a great time and can't wait for the next group ride. Strubby was right, the water got me a couple of times, but the roots and trees got me more.

I will check out that camp ground to check on prices, etc, but if anybody wants to pitch a tent in my back yard for free, just let me know. I can't imagine driving 3 1/2 hours to get here, then riding ATV's all day, then going home the same day.

I also enjoyed meeting Strubby, Asmart and friend, and Bigblack for the first time. That's quite a large black truck you have there Bigblack! I don't know how you can afford to feed it.  Grin

Thanks for the chicken Jim! I_N_3, you guys scared the dickens out of me with the turn over. I'm glad that you're OK. Sorry about your 2 hour traffic jam going home. As a former truck driver, I know what that's like.

Larry
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »

you guys have fun sucks that i couldnt get anyone to work for me today and everyone please keep larry away from the wet stuff lol  Rolling on the Floor Laughing

Carlos, sorry that you missed the group ride yesterday. We started with 7 ATV,s and ended the day with 10 in the group. I loved it! Next time if you and Tammy could make it and my wife will be home, we can add 3 more ATV's to the group ride.

They didn't listen to you as they lead me to water all day long. I loved it ! I kept getting stuck on the roots and trees while trying to miss the water.

Hope you can make it next time!

Larry
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 08:33:04 AM »

Sounds like it was an eventfull day of riding for you guys!!!!!!!! Glad to hear Iggy & Carrie are ok!!!!  How'd they roll the wheeler???  Inquirering mind would like to know!

Larry my friend it sounds like you need to change your name to Da Tree Hugger!

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2012, 09:06:19 AM »

How'd they roll the wheeler???  Inquirering mind would like to know!

I know the Kingquad has a steering lock issue due to the caster angle where if you hit a branch or stump or anything not flat, the handle bar can yank to one side or another which will cause the quad to roll if you are going fast enough.  I'm guessing Iggy went into the mud hole a tad too fast and when he hit it, the handle bar yanked to one side.  Iggy has an oversized throttle so I am guessing when it yanked, the throttle was pushed in all the way and the quad did a sort of back flip/roll.

This is also a complete guess as I only saw it happen out of the corner of my eye!
I_N_3
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2012, 09:30:41 AM »

Thanks Steve!

We weren't wet when we got up so it wasn't in a hole I recall going right to maybe go around one. After we got home and I cleaned off the quad I knoticed the front left tire flat and sidewall gashed  and I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it. We we're going at a very low rate of speed like Larry said more of a tip over.

KiNG QuAD 750
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2012, 09:33:44 AM »

Larry my friend it sounds like you need to change your name to Da Tree Hugger!

Yes, that name would fit me !   
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »

Iggy I'm glad you were going slow bro, I'd hate to hear good peeps like you & Carrie getting hurt!! Yes if the front left tire had a problem it would sure help with going over. Sounds like its new tire time, hard to fix a sidewall gash & have it hold air pressure. 

Thanks for the reply asmart82 & Iggy.   

3500# winch
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Mingy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 07:12:33 PM »

I am a bit late with the reply....but I had a blast and enjoyed every minute.  Thanks Mudbucket for helping me out with the rope (I have solved that problem - will carry rope + 2 straps now) and it was good to meet everyone new. I_N_3, hope that you guys are OK....you're young and will heal fast if not too banged up...... and am glad it was just a tire. I have a repair kit but a side gash might have been a bit much.

Can't wait for the next time.

Mingy

Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE
strubby

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »

Iggy glad you guys are feeling fine, it sure looked bad from the rear! I jumped off my quad with it still running and rolling haha.

Big Black, no problem man, you guys were fun to ride with! Anytime you come down, let me know.

Here's the campground info guys; http://www.crystallakervpark.com/. It's right at Stucky's/BP gas station. You could literally ride the quads under I-95 to the parking lot (long as the campground doesn't mind). Never been there but I'm sure it beats leaving early to drive home.

I was going to bring my canopy and such last time, but seeing how you guys are, better to just leave it at home cuz we'll be spending all our time riding  Yup!

EDIT: On a side note I'll try to get down there again to check out the other ridges to make sure they're passable for everyone for the next ride.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 06:47:31 PM by strubby » Logged

'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)
asmart82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2012, 07:25:15 AM »

Wow, I had no idea there was an RV park behind Stucky's. Learn something new everyday!!!

I'll be out of town the next two weekends but anytime after that, I am down to ride again!
Dirtlover

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 11:09:35 AM »

Hey fellas!! Sounds like i missed out last time..carnage!! I have some news that i hope wont effect our friendship..i traded the 400ex for a yz426f...yup.. ive gone two wheels! I saw little blue pill out there 2-3 weeks ago with the wife but you didnt recognize me..probly cause of the two wheels!! Im still all about getting out and riding tho so if im not considered a traitor..please keep me in the loop..and hey..little blue pill..wanna race now? Grin
Derek....

Modquad E-brake block off
Turner 38t rear spkt
Turner 14t front spkt
Renthal R4 Z ring chain
Pro Design case saver
ROCK shock covers front & rear
MSR levers
Turner Billet gas cap
ROCK cc bumper
Turner chain roller
DUNLOP rear+front tires
Modquad Posi-lock axle nut
Rock pro series nerfs
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 03:40:54 PM »

I was wondering who that was !  The two wheels definitely threw me off !

I couldn't keep up with you before, so there's no way I will be able to now! 

We don't care how many wheels you have on the ground, we hope that you'll always join in on the group rides.

Larry
strubby

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 10:05:38 PM »

Hey fellas!! Sounds like i missed out last time..carnage!! I have some news that i hope wont effect our friendship..i traded the 400ex for a yz426f...yup.. ive gone two wheels! I saw little blue pill out there 2-3 weeks ago with the wife but you didnt recognize me..probly cause of the two wheels!! Im still all about getting out and riding tho so if im not considered a traitor..please keep me in the loop..and hey..little blue pill..wanna race now? Grin
Derek....

You're more than welcome to ride with us sport quads. If you ever ride anywhere other than 5A that's fun for sport riding, let me know!

My girlfriend (rincon), myself (Outlaw MXR) and my buddy (Outlaw MXR) will be at 5A Sunday 8/19. If anyone comes out, say hello!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:08:13 PM by strubby » Logged

'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
YELLOW RR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »

So is it worth my time to drive from ftLaud tomorrow morning? Wouldlike to check the  place out. LTr450 & cRF250

2007 LTR450
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2012, 08:53:57 PM »

So is it worth my time to drive from ftLaud tomorrow morning? Wouldlike to check the  place out. LTr450 & cRF250

My wife and I will be there at 7 AM. That's a little early for you cause of your long drive.

We are the two old people on Blue Grizzly 300s. We drive a blue Hyundai Elantra with a trailer. We would gladly show you around. Right now we don't have a cell phone so you will just have to look for us if you come up.

We are to join up with a couple of other guys around 10 AM so it would be best to be here by then.

Larry
strubby

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2012, 09:16:24 PM »

So is it worth my time to drive from ftLaud tomorrow morning? Wouldlike to check the  place out. LTr450 & cRF250

There is plenty of riding, but I must tell you it's wet out there right now. You shouldn't have any problems, as I'm always on a 450 with open air box, but you have to know how to go around some stuff. You'd be straight if you rode with us, cuz that's what we'll be doing. I'm ready to go somewhere fresh for good sport riding tho. EDIT: Are you running 18s or 20s on your LTR? Might be tricky in some spots with 18's but it's doable. I rode there plenty of time with 18s on my LTR and MXR. Just a little worse when you can't see the ruts under water haha.

Larry we'll be out between 8-9AM, if you HEAR us say hello!

-Kyle
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:19:46 PM by strubby » Logged

'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2012, 09:35:17 PM »

Kyle,

You will  probably notice us before I notice you, so flag us down and say "hi". See you tomorrow.

Larry

P/S Just got a set of  ITP Mud lite tires for the rear of my ATV. Getting tired of getting stuck! 

If they help, I will order a set for the wife's ATV.
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2012, 11:27:13 AM »

Sorry I missed you kyle ! June and I got there at 7AM, rode till around 10AM. Went back to the parking lot and the group of guys showed up and we did a long group ride till 4PM. Started out with 7 ATVs and ended up with 9.

Two things amazed me yesterday! We were out there for 9 hours and didn't run out of gas and number two, I can't believe that my wife kept up with us and lasted the whole nine hours. She only fell back when we went over the ridges.

Had a great time yesterday and maybe we'll see you next time.

Larry
strubby

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 01:35:04 PM »

Hey Larry, I just realized you were talking about riding yesterday, I was talking about today (Sunday)! haha. Oops. I didn't get back from a job in Atlanta until 8:30pm last night. Glad you guys had fun, hopefully we can ride the same day next time!

-Kyle

'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2012, 02:26:19 PM »

That's funny!    Right place----Wrong day!

Yea, we usually only ride on Saturdays.

Larry
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2012, 04:21:13 PM »

How did the Mud Lites work for ya Larry??

3500# winch
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
little blue 300
Contributing Member Plus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »

They worked very well considering that I put them on backwards.  Bang Head

I didn't realize that there was an arrow on the tire to show you the correct direction. I had a 50/50 chance of putting them on right and I choose the wrong way. 

I was so excited that I was going thru deep water and at one point, the front end floated up and turned to the left. Big mistake! I got water into the engine and it was slipping, but someone with more knowledge than me drained the water out for me and it ran fine after that. From now on just mud for me.  Thumbs Up

Larry
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com