Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Centennial Trail - Ocala National Forest  (Read 88696 times)
Starbuc71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2012, 11:08:48 PM »

When does hunting season on the centennial start?  Last year we rode one Saturday and got the worse looks from the hunters and actually almost got run off the road by a hunter in his truck along with a few fingers flying.  I'm dying to go riding, but I'm not putting up with that same crap and the risk of getting my truck vandalized because some a$$ hole is pissed his dogs got off the scent

2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC
monkeyonashovel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2012, 04:34:35 AM »

I also wondered about riding during hunting season. I'm hoping to go up the first week of December.
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2012, 06:41:49 AM »

Hunting season is in full swing. My daughter & I rode Centennial on Monday. Came acrossed quite a few dogs with tracking collers on them & even met a truck on the trail where he wasn't supposed to be. Had no problems, all the hunters we encountered smiled & waved. We seen 1 bear track but no deer tracks at all!!!!!!!!!! We ate lunch at Blue Sink, the mutants are digging out the wood retaining walls holding up the dirt hill & using it for fire wood. A$$HOLES!!!!!!!!!!
Also could see that they are riding around the corral & trying to climb the dirt hill. *UCKWADS!!
The new trail head on FR13 is awsome, they done a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »

My fave thing to do to hunters who are assh*les is to take their dog collars off and drive it about 10 miles to the middle of nowhere and hang it in a tree with a nice note saying here's your dog collar. Ok I only did it once because I was worried they'd lose the dog for good and the poor thing would starve.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
sugarsand007

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2012, 09:50:55 AM »

I rode Wandering Grass loop couple of weeks ago and i passed 13 trucks on the trails that were atv only trails. Told one of the rangers and he laughed. I now only ride the northern end during hunting season. They are not allowed to hunt with dogs at the end of the forest.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:53:04 AM by sugarsand007 » Logged

2006 crf450r and 2006 polaris outlaw 500
zephyr

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2012, 10:57:19 AM »

A big THANK YOU to Chris and his crew as i rode centennial on Monday and it was great and glad to report no down trees on the outer loop. Again way to go Chris and your crew Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800
prosa69

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2012, 07:34:31 PM »

We rode centennial trail on Thanksgiving morning.  Only ones at the trailhead off of 40.  Was a nice ride until we got lost a few times cause of no signs.  Few hunters out and a few trucks on the trail but nothing stressful until on the way back. Came around a turn and mr black bear startled the hell out of me and probably him to.  The roughly 5 feet I was away from him bolting off left a skid mark in the sand and the boxers. 
dalem352

don't look back

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2012, 07:38:59 AM »

i have road the trail the past 2 fridays the day after turkeyday the campground was half filled up and all the deer tracks were gone from the trails i been taking my new ride out did see one bear but he was all ready in a full get out of the way when i came round the corner been taking my dog she realy getting where she like to ride to ride after 2 rides i go out to the side x side an she jumps up in it ready to go i got a new ride it is a made by jiangsu linhai machinery group which yahaha owns 25 % of they came togather in 03 an desinged their atv and side x side motors for them i got the cuv 400 modle its not fast at all but dose the trail real good an it 4x4 but have not used the 4x4 yet i had to try it just to see what it was like in 4 wheel its realy very low geared machine

* 20121203_184626-1.jpg (21.57 KB, 491x406 - viewed 704 times.)

* 20121203_184626-1.jpg (21.57 KB, 491x406 - viewed 697 times.)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:46:05 AM by dalem352 » Logged

Just ride
kdclere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2013, 02:03:13 PM »

Hey All!,
I just wanted to give a good update as to our current work on the Centennial Trail.  My volunteers are doing 98% of the work right now as I manage my locations during our busy season, so if you stop at Big sCrub or camp there and enjoy the trails, make sure to thank them.  Jimmy and Patsy have been raking and dragging the trail, taking the whoops down as best as possible and clearing fallen trees and debris.  Roy and Sharon, who were there last year, have picked up where they left off, trimming out the sides of the trail and opening up corners for better visibility.  They are working from Big Scrub east towards Blue Sink on the the lower part.  Billy and Jane are my campground hosts, but they are also out on the trails a bit and have been trying to replace downed signage and monitor trail use for me.  We have a lot of opened up trails and some missing signage due to the overuse of hunters in the area.  We will regain our hold on this once hunting season ends.  We are also still pushing for a youth training area in or next to Big Scrub to encourage the kids to ride in there instead of out on the sandy trail if they have minimal experience!  I hope everyone is enjoying the trails.  I will be double posting this so I can start a 2013 Centennial thread.  Happy riding and please be safe!
-Kris
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com