Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We're to camp at hatfield mccoy  (Read 2215 times)
mulemedics

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2012, 07:45:03 AM »

Thinking about a trip an looking for the best campground with rv hookups that has trail access for a side by side. Anyone have any suggestions??

2012 Polaris ranger crew
gmiller0737

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:04:30 PM »

Have you decided on a particular trail system yet?
Might want to join up on the forums a www.trailsheaven.com
mulemedics

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:20:01 PM »

Nt yet. I just need beginner an mOderate. Nothing too extreme since I have a 3 year old

2012 Polaris ranger crew
gmiller0737

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 07:21:28 PM »

For your 1st Trip I would Recomend starting out at The Little Coal River Trail,The only Campground that has Direct Access to the Little Coal River Trailhead is The Little Coal River Campground I have not stayed thare so I can't give you any insight on it,You will find the "Green" Trails Perfect for Lesser Experienced Riders But Still Plenty of fun,The "Blue" Trails Will be Somewhat More Difficult,"Blacks" Are Most Difficult (I avoid them Myself) You will be about 13 miles or so from South Charleston Wv. Anything you could want is on Rt 119 in S. Charleston,For most any thing else  I just go to Danville/Madison (Closer than S. Charleston & less congested) Closest gas Station is about 5 miles S. on Rt 119,If you stay @ L.C.R. Campground you will be able to ride your ATV from the camp ground to the Trailhead about a mile or mile & a Half,You can also ride the loop around to the Hatfield McCoy Visitors Center where you can buy your permits ( Non Resident $50 Per Year) & they also have Shirts & other goodies as well as maps & friendly folks if you have any questions about the trails,Go over your ATV's Thoroughly to make sure everything is in top shape Especially the Brakes They are essential up there! If you want to branch out to other trails you can trailer over to Rockhouse,Buffalo Mountian or Bear Wallow all are in the neighborhood of 40-50 miles each way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com