Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New here with a ? about RR.  (Read 1971 times)
ravencat73

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 02, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »

Hello everyone. Names George and I'm new to the forum. I'm a family man who enjoys mellow riding and fun in the mud with my wife and our son. We used to ride Rancho but recent events (That everyone with a brain knew was going happen) Rancho is no longer a place to ride. So that being said I started my search for another place to ride. And I was looking for a place that wasn't going to cost me 80.00 or more every weekend. So after an internet search I found RR. If there are any riders out there who go out to ride pretty regular I'd really like to hear from you. I wanna hear the good and the bad so if you have any input please share it.

If the mud ain't flyin' You ain't tryin'
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:34:20 AM »

Welcome to the forum George!!!

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
patches206
Supreme Member

32Ex-Lax and Newmember love the glory hole!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:44:39 PM »

Welcome to the site.   I have heard they are attempting to set up a property owners assoc at Rancho.  SPM63 I know you said in the past you were going to look at the tax records for delinquent property at Rancho any luck.  I may be willing to take a bite into that action.  I can see Rancho getting like a River Ranch or Holowpaw location.

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!
ravencat73

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 08:02:49 PM »

As far as I know there are no such plans for a River Ranch type set up at Rancho as over 70% of the deeded owners are in PR and the ones in the states here kinda don't want bothered. Besides with Hail Hitler...I mean Judd as sheriff the only concrete plans for Rancho are arresting any one caught there. In December there was a county meeting (nobody was told about till after it was over) and the plan set forth was to survey lots around the edges of the property and have the county buy them for 1.00 from the owners of course leaving the owners name on the deed but there by giving the county reign over any comings and goings in Rancho. There was a land owner down from New York who had his lot surveyed (without marking it off) upon which he advised local, county and state law enforcement that anyone caught on his land was trespassing. Hence, now even attempting to enter Rancho is at least misdemeanor trespassing charge that gets you carted to jail and your vehicle impounded. It is a nice idea  to turn Rancho into a place like River Ranch but honestly I don't see it happening. The closing of Rancho on the other hand...I have seen that one coming for some time. I'm just amazed it took as long as it did.

rinconpete

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 10:39:52 PM »

I don't post on here much and nor do I get on this site much anymore either because it seems like most of the posts here are about people bitchin about how another place that was probably not legal to begin with has been closed down to no big surprise, which is sad but oh well if its going to get trashed then people need/should call the police and have them removed. Those places that are legal and there are plenty depending on where you live or how far your willing to travel. I have ridden up in Georgia at the sand pits and it was great I have also been to the Holy Lands many times when it was ok to be there and that was great. Now as far as RR is concerned I bought in about 7yrs ago and have always had a great time with family and friends and still do. The up front costs depending on what you get and then a well, trailer and what ever else you choose can be costly but in the long run it definitely pays for itself if you go often enough. If you think about it where else can you go to 24/7 and ride with no hassle, as long as you are respectful of others camps and noise levels depending on the time you ride. People buy in to be able to do what they enjoy when ever they want with others that have the same interest. I know, it makes sense huh, but for some reason people like to pregnant dog about where they now can't go or its to far and too expensive. Can't fix stupid. Do the math. Go someplace else and pay their fees and ride a few trails and then lights out no night riding.......boring. The alternative buy in build a camp and go to YOUR OWN place for the weekend when ever you want. So after all this I HIGHLY recommend RR!

Ride every day like its your last!

06 RINCON GPSCAPE
05 GMC w/6inch FABTEC lift sitting on 36in MT's
RRPOA MEMBER
ravencat73

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 11:13:04 PM »

Hey Pete, thanks for the input. I agree 100% with you. Gonna take the family out Saturday to meet a man selling plots out there and check out the place. From other posts on here and you input as well I think its pretty much a lock on buying. Just need to get the nod from the boss (wife) and her supervisor (our son). After that I think we'll be set. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com