Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To buy or not to buy at RR?  (Read 7039 times)
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 26, 2011, 10:01:17 PM »

I'm thinking about buying some land at RR and wondering how is it for mud and water riding for atvs/utvs? Any other info I should know that isn't on the RR site or other land sellers sites?

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 10:51:11 AM »

The riding at RR is mostly sandy trails.  You can easily put in 30 - 40 miles in an afternoon and hardly ride the same trail twice.  There are a couple areas where people ride in the mud but they're pretty well scattered and none are that large.  Most of the wet areas are off limits to everybody.  There's a good reason they do that.  Many of the trails have water on them but have hard, sandy bottoms.  Besides getting wet, not much challenge.  I would say that if you are in it for hard-core mud riding, save your money and use it to go to Dirty Foot or others like it.  You won't find that kind of mud riding at the Ranch.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
turbosire

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 08:27:01 PM »

I am thinking on buying a lot there early next year. Can you build a camp in your lot or you have to stay on the camping area?
How about a shooting range or you can only shoot during hunting season? I'm more family oriented I usually ride with my family and some friend, is this a good place for that or is more fast pace trails? Thanks
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 09:41:22 PM »

In the past, the club would assign you a spot to build a camp if you didn't own a lot within the 'camping' area but I don't believe they do that anymore because long time occupiers of land were being thrown off their assigned spot because somebody bought the land underneath.  If you want to build a camp, spend the money to get a deeded spot within the camping area.  If you have a trailer or tent and don't mind, they do have a designated camping area and then it doesn't matter where your land is.  Building a camp or camping anywhere else is not allowed.  As far as the riding goes, it is far more family oriented than any other type of riding.  You still have a few that haven't realized that yet and drive like idiots but for the most part it's a very laid-back atmosphere.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
turbosire

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 08:54:29 PM »

Thanks for the response. How about the Everglades headwaters proposal? This will affect everything in RR?
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 08:45:20 PM »

How is the hunting at RR? For Pigs/deer/turkey? Good, bad, moderate..what hunting?

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

FORDFANZ

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 09:48:46 PM »

How is the hunting at RR? For Pigs/deer/turkey? Good, bad, moderate..what hunting?
How  do  you  like  that  ranger  Crew HuhHuh

I NEED MUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »

Love it! Hauls the car seat perfect, plenty fast, rides great, pulls 31s easy and turns heads.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 03:56:50 PM »

So, you gonna buy out there at RR?

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 09:01:38 PM »

Not for sure yet, why?

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

Prowler74

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 12:15:00 PM »

Been thinking of buying at RR to for some time.  Im also a family guy.  I guess once i buy there i could jsut meet pple that are riding there.

It would be nice to mee other pple to ride with though.  It would suck to get stuck out in middle of a trail with the wife and kids and have a flat or something break and not have a trialbuddy there to tow you back. Thats why i typicall only ride on my property.

See my Post about UTV riding in Central FLorida and we can organoze a ride somewhere.

2009 Arctic Cat Prowler XTZ 1000
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 03:07:43 AM »

Buy Buy Buy!

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
big O

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 06:40:02 PM »

yes yes yes!!!! Grin Grin
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »

last I heard the Everglades headwaters proposal was out the window as far as RR was concerned.

and that makes me happy

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
chuckorlando

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 07:14:09 AM »

We are also considering RR or suburban. I mean truth is, for the price you cant beat having all tha land. I'm glad o hear they have mostly trails and not mud. Keep us posted
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com