Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hatfield and Macoy trails  (Read 6569 times)
zephyr

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 23, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »

Has any one been up there recently. All comments and suggestions wanted as I have not been and thinking about going. What is the best trail, places to advoid or must see places.
Thanks in advance.

2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800
gmiller0737

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 10:10:35 AM »

We made 2 trips to Hatfield McCoy this year 1 in August & 1 in October,Once you go you will be hooked! We rode Little Coal River & stayed @ Katheren's Kabins you can ride your Atv right from the Cabin to the Little Coal River Trail Head,We also Trailered over & rode Bear Wallow 1 day & Buffalo Mountian another day,Little Coal has the easier trails & there are plenty of more challanging trails as well,Bearwallow's easier rated trails are a little more difficult than L.C.R.'s & Buffalo Mountians were quite a bit more difficult than the others,Be sure your Atv's brakes are working 100% you will need them plenty of steep rocky trails on all the systems,We rode all the "Green" Trails & Most of the "Blue" @ L.C.R. but only rode the "Green" Trails on the other systems as I had My 12 & 14 year old kids with Me,I asked about the "Rockhouse" Trails & most locals did not recomend it with lesser experienced riders,By next Summer they will have 2 additional trail systems in place,Every one of the locals we met were frendly & we will make 2 or 3 trips to Hatfield McCoy in 2012,One thing to remember is Trails are Rated "Green" for easiest,"Blue" For More difficult,& "Black" for Most difficult,Double Black for Extreme Difficult,We only tried 1 Black & My son fliped his ATV but son & Atv were unhurt,Each trails ratings are only for that trail system in other words a "Green" Trail @ L.C.R. is not equal to a "Green" Trail @ Buffalo Mountian or any other system,They have a great fourm @ www.trailsheaven.com
PM Me if you have any other questions or Reply Here,For your 1st Trip you May want to start Out @ Little Coal River it is about the easiest of all the systems & there are plenty of challanging trails there Too.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:13:02 AM by gmiller0737 » Logged
zephyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 10:39:33 AM »

thanks gmiller is it mostly muddy or rocky or a good mix

gmiller0737

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 12:01:05 PM »

Some mud depending on the particular trail system but for the most part rocky,You will have a blast,I thik Little Coal River is the only system that does not have a Town Connector,On the trail that do have Town connectors you can ride your Atv's right into a town for food/gas.
zephyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 11:07:14 AM »

Thanks again Gmiller anyone else got any comments?Huh

zephyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 08:34:50 PM »

I just got back and wish these trails were closer to Florida as they are outstanding and I recommend they to everyone.

SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 10:02:40 PM »

Glad to hear you had a good time. Did you take any pics?    Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 10:09:58 AM »

Any hassles from the rangers?  Kind of an odd requirement that you must be in possession of the owner's manual to prove vehicle is being used as intended.  I can understand having rules and I'm all for safety but that seems a bit extreme.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
zephyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »

Diggingfool I talked to several rangers and not a one of them asked if I had a manual all of them were real nice and helpful.

SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 08:12:46 PM »

Hay Zephyr, when are you guys gonna fly again? I would like to come out & watch the set up
& launch!!!

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
gmiller0737

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 09:32:59 PM »

The only bad thing about Hatfield McCoy is it spoils you & makes you want to go back again & again,We are planning trips in June-August & October,We never had any issues with the Rangers I was a little concerned as My 12 year old was on a Recon 250,@ more Trail Systems are in the works & are supposed to open later this year.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:36:03 PM by gmiller0737 » Logged
tropics2003

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 11:25:38 PM »

Gilbert is the best town to stay in. We just went for New Years & seen SNOW!! We stay in a Rental house right there in the town & Rode the Rockhouse Trail!! It is Great cause you can ride the ATV's right there in the town! There is a Movie Theatre, Hardees, Family Dollar, Grocery Store & More! We have stayed there several times, has all the Ammenities & Plenty of Parking! The House sleeps more than 10 People & Plenty of room!! Check the website. www.mcannarentals.com The Phone Number is 304-682-6380 Tell her Michelle & Steve sent you! You can ride over to Mann & eat lunch & ride their town also. Sherry is the best Host & you have a Great Comfortable Place to stay & Affordable!! We cooked every night & saved alot of Money. There is a Grill & we cooked out Steaks one night on the Balcony! You have a fire pit outside. It is Awesome!! We are going back in the Spring! We have been there 4 times already! Very FUN!!!       
gmiller0737

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 06:13:58 PM »

Booked our first trip of 2012 Yesterday,We will be returning to Hatfield McCoy's Little Coal River June 10 to 14th & will likely book dates for August & October Too
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com