Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What rules?
Beats me! - 0 (0%)
Anyone? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devils Garden Mud Club  (Read 8945 times)
biglake8250

2005 Honda Rincon 650,27"Mudlites on ITP Rims

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:42:48 AM »

After several trips riding and camping at L-Cross with mixed feelings we decided to give DGMC a try.The problem I had with L-Cross was within the camping areas.There are plenty of places to ride but so many seem to run a continous "parade" back and forth through the camping areas on the roads and through campsites as well.To deter this many were putting up yellow tape and even using their trucks to block them and since there is no curfew this went on all night long.Drunk assholes yelling and racing thru the camp all night!So,I read up on DGMC and liked the idea of no riding after dark but this is not the case.There was so much rain it was waterlogged anyway and I went into to Family camping area with my class c motorhome and found a nice spot about 30ft back from the road next to some trees and set up for my weekend.And then it started,huge mud trucks back and forth all day dog.The same ones over and over and over.Soon the road was unuseable so the trucks started moving over in the grass toward my camp and when that was trashed they would mover over even closer.My friends and I went riding and when we returned a couple of hours later the "new" road was within 5 ft of the front of my camp and mud was splashed all over the front of my motorhome and the vehicles were even turning across the front of my camp.Now,this place is HUGE with mudholes as far as the eye can see but the camping area was the chosen spot.This became very interesting on Sunday when myself and others in Class As and truck pulling trailers tried to leave.It was one big mudhole!.And,the curfew? Not!!I listened to the noise all night long.I dont understand this mentality and all I can say is,these are the people that make it so hard for us to find a place to ride.They come in,tear it up and go home.Will I return to DGMC? Absolutely,but camping there is another thing. :-[ >:D
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 04:31:49 PM »

They do this thinking its funny because they know you guys will have a hardtime getting out!!!!!
It amusses them to no end!

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »

If you are talking about this last weekend, I was there in the "Wildwoods" area. I parked as far as I could away from the road.  I was like you hoping the no night riding would be enforced, guess it wasn't. I had a similar situation when I road at Mudfest last month(drunk assholes all f'n night).. Read my story in Tales from the Trails. I really like DGMC but the enforcement seems to always be absent. I am sure if you call the place or better still say something on their Facebook page the  owners will listen. I will do the same. What is so difficult about having Security ride around telling people to go to bed.
The family area was totally flooded, which was unfortunate for people like yourself. Give the place another chance, but tell the owners to straighten up or they will be another L-cross and then disappear into oblivion. 

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
biglake8250

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 07:54:13 AM »

Thanks for your replies.Yes,it was last weekend and the rules dont seem to be enforced,On Saturday I saw at least 6 deputys,1 on a buggy and the rest in side by sides but they stayed on vendors row all day bullshitting with there buddies and watching the show.On Sunday when everyone was trying to get out they rode by several times.Go figure.Anyway,Im not going to raise hell about it but I will send an email and let them know about my experience.Ride on everyone!!
johndoe83

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 06:29:43 PM »

Thats why I go to Dirty foot  Cool

I live in palm beach also, Dirty foot is a bit of a drive but its nicer!
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 08:07:35 PM »

Thanks for your replies.Yes,it was last weekend and the rules dont seem to be enforced,On Saturday I saw at least 6 deputys,1 on a buggy and the rest in side by sides but they stayed on vendors row all day bullshitting with there buddies and watching the show.On Sunday when everyone was trying to get out they rode by several times.Go figure.Anyway,Im not going to raise hell about it but I will send an email and let them know about my experience.Ride on everyone!!

I posted on their Facebook and got an immediate response. Email them, hopefully it makes a difference.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 10:28:40 AM »

if your looking for a family camping weekend then go to a real campground. dont go to a rowdy drunken mud fest and then complain that theres to many big mud trucks and drunk people. What do you really expect?
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 01:44:45 PM »

if your looking for a family camping weekend then go to a real campground. dont go to a rowdy drunken mud fest and then complain that theres to many big mud trucks and drunk people. What do you really expect?

Were you there that weekend? Have you ever been there? Do you have any clue what you are talking about? Do you have kids? Do you have a family that likes to ride?  When you sign the sheet there are certain expectations. A place should not tout they have Security and "no night riding" if they do not have the balls to enforce it.

Move along. Nothing to see here.  Bang Head 

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 09:57:30 AM »

Its a MUDPARK, drunks trucks,partying all nite is par for the course. I guess if you go to Lion Country Safari youll be bashing the animals for growling all nite keeping you awake.......geeeez
earplugs & Cptn Morgan allow for a goods nites rest............ Kiss

biglake8250

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 11:17:38 AM »

I like to drink and party as much as the anyone else but my complaint was that they advertised 24hr security and no night riding which is why I went.Im 50 years old and I dont stay sh*t faced drunk all night riding.And,I was in an area designated as a"Family Camping"area.If I had children with me it would have been unsafe to let them go out of the motorhome.Also,if there is over a 1000 acres to ride then why was  the camping area being used as a mud bog?I have been to most of the Mud parks around and its the inconsiderate assholes that ruin it for everyone else which is why riding areas are hard to find.So,those that think drunks and trucks are par for the course,if you have children or friends at these parks and one is run over or killed remember...Its all in good fun!
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 12:50:43 PM »

Its just the nature of these events. Theres NO way a handful of security guys or cops is going to be able to be everywhere all the time. Bottom line is they are all like this I dont care what they claim. Get used to it or dont go. I here L-cross family weekends are very quite and there is not a hugh crowd. Maybe that should be a place to visit.

Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »

Its a MUDPARK, drunks trucks,partying all nite is par for the course. I guess if you go to Lion Country Safari youll be bashing the animals for growling all nite keeping you awake.......geeeez
earplugs & Cptn Morgan allow for a goods nites rest............ Kiss

Who asked you?  Tongue

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »

Yeah! Let's take dat bass turd out for a night ride across a drainage canal in the Everglades!  Evil

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 08:35:04 AM »

Yeah! Let's take dat bass turd out for a night ride across a drainage canal in the Everglades!  Evil

He does not ride anymore. Too busy for that.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com