Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How good is RTR  (Read 5812 times)
chuckorlando

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 21, 2011, 07:15:46 AM »

I bought  a used polaris 400 jug off my buddy that was supposed to have been trail ported by RTR. He then sent his engine off to Rick Ritter. Both our engines were basicly the same with the exception of his trail light fly wheel verse my stock, and th ports. It seems I had a good bit more torque off the bottom. Well I grenaded top and bottom end this weeked so I'm starting a crank up rebuild on another case.

Now I aint positive it was RTR but it was someone in Fl with 3 letters that were close to rtr. On Gen3 Ritters the man. I know his and HPD's prices and quality. So I'm wondering if any of you have an opinion on RTR.

I will basicly be looking at a trail ported jug, reinforced jug tabs or a girdle, case saver, fresh bore.

I will also possibly need a rebuilt crank, rebuilt counter balance, bearing kit, topend kit, shaved flywheel, and gaskets. Though some of this I can find via ebay or cheap cycle or what have you

Thanks
08Honda400EX

Dirty Foot Adventures is my favorite place to ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 10:40:44 AM »

He's doing my engine work on my honda 400 now.  I went with him because I heard great things about his work.

Charlie Swartz - #890

2008 White/Black Honda TRX400EX
2011 Green Honda Recon 250TM
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 03:07:55 PM »

I raced some of his bikes years ago and they were screamers. Good guy and easy to work with.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
Dirty Foot Adventures

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 05:03:07 PM »

He is our Preferred Performance Engine Builder at DFA for one reason, he knows how to get it done!!!!

He ported my son's TRX450 as well as my LTR450, NO COMPLAINTS!!!!!

More FUN than you can handle
chuckorlando

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 05:21:53 PM »

Awsome guy's. I would love to put the smack down on my boys who have identical built machines, simply because I went with a diffrent builder.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 07:33:56 AM »

Rick is a great guy. He took my sons blaster from the rear of the pack to the front matter of fact he got the holeshot at Dade City this weekend. He makes horsepower and dependability. I recommend him to anyone needing performance engine work....period!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com