Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: River Ranch POA  (Read 27540 times)
scrambledeggs

Rise and Shine!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2005, 04:45:16 PM »

Read this and share your thoughts.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/06/05/State/Off_road__off_limits.shtml

I think it is bogus that they are keeping landowners from accessing their own land because they don't pay the $60 a year to be in the redneck club. But might be coming to an end out there.
ucfneed2ride
Supreme Member

'07 Brute Force 750

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 05:00:50 PM »

wow $60 a year to be in a redneck club? SIGN ME UP!!!

SwampRat

Life's hard; get a helmet.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 05:06:06 PM »

Very interesting article.  I would like to hear from the River Ranch owners on the site.

06 F-250 4x4 PSD TowCommand
06 Weekend Warrior FS2300; Onan 4KW Genset
05 Suzuki King Quad; 27" 589's; 2.5 Warn Winch; Garmin Map76 GPS
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 05:15:49 PM »

old news http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,3805.0.html

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
BCConviber
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 08:30:13 PM »

Ok god.. not this again........ Roll Eyes

2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**
Anoriginal

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 09:51:02 AM »

Its about time is all I can say. Personally, I think it is hilarious and long over due.

Hey, while we're on the topic lets review those "River Ranch Property Owners Association rules" that a person gets when they buy property and get a QUIT CLAIM DEED (no such thing as a "quick claim" deed).

Rules and Response/Questions

1) You may not build on your property.

Response – Are you kidding me? Let me get this straight, I own the property and I cannot build on it? Well, here's a very simple question.......why not? Who made up this rule? Nobody questions this? Wake up.

2) You may only pick a camp site in the "camp site area" which must be approved by the property owners association.

Response – Who owns the camp site area? Do I get express permission, in recordable format, from the camp site area owners to build a camp on their property? I mean, everyone knows that, if you don't own the property, you cannot legally build on it. So, seeing how I am not a complete idiot I certainly wouldn't want to build on or occupy another person's property without their express permission. I mean after all, they could basically kick me off at any time. Also, who is the property owners association and why do they have to approve my camp site? Are they the owners of the camp site area? If they are, then I guess I better be sure I get written approval from them to put my camp in the "camping area".

3) You may not build permanant structures on your camp site.

Response – You mean like most of the “camps” already there? Why not?

4) Anyone can cross your property who is a member of the River Ranch Property Owners Association.

Response - Why? Do they have an easement recorded in the Polk County public records. Because, after all, absent express written permission from me, a recorded easement is the only way anyone else can lawfully enter my property. What if I don't want anyone else on my property? Can I fence it off? If I do, will my fence get torn down and run over like Dennis Covington's camp and jeep did? Will I get death threats too?

5) Dues of 60 dollars a year are required.

Response – For what? What does my $60.00 get me? What happens if I don't pay it? Death threats? Bullet holes in my "camp"? Can I please see a copy of the accounting for the last ten (10) years of the association? Also, while you’re at it, how about the tax returns? After all, under Florida law, as a paying member of the River Ranch Property Owners Association, I’m entitled to these documents.

6) If you wish to have your lot surveyed you do so at your own expense. But you can not build on it, or set up camp on it if it is outside the camp area.

Response – What is the purpose of this rule? Do you think I’d try to make someone else pay for my survey? Again, why can’t I build on my property? If it’s mine........ it’s mine. I mean, you wouldn’t buy a lot in a subdivision unless you could build on it would you? Has anyone looked for or found any law, regulation, code or other authority preventing me from building on my property?  Also, who owns the rest of the property I ride on? Does the River Ranch Property Owners Association have some type of recorded document allowing anyone who is a member of the association to utilize all of the property not belonging to them?

I always get a laugh out of this subject. Too funny.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 05:11:25 PM by Anoriginal » Logged
FORDFANZ

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 06:32:09 PM »

Then  dont  BUY  IN  there  !!!!!!!!! Its  gonna  be  the  only  place  you ll  be  able  to  ride  a  ATV  unless  A-holes  like  this  keep   complaining  !!!!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I NEED MUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scrambledeggs

Rise and Shine!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 09:24:11 PM »

Sorry, I didn't see the other thread. I am actually interested in buying out at river ranch and was doing some reasearch when I came across the article on the net. The last thing I want is to see another area dissapear for ATVing, but I really don't want to be under the control of any POA. What gives the POA authority to enforce rules. I don't fully understand the legalities of quitclaim deeds and POA's.
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 11:29:25 PM »

RR is not a ATV park, its a Hunting and Camping Club.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 07:29:29 AM »

I'll tell you what, go camp in the non-camping area during hunting season and see how good a shot a redneck can be. The rules are there for your safety, during part of the year RR is a HUNTING CLUB. Do you really want to set up camp on a rifle range? During my visit I saw what the $60 dues goes towards in action( the camp fire department ) among other things.
If your that concerned with the legal end of things you won't fit in out there anyway, so just stay home.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
scrambledeggs

Rise and Shine!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 08:31:22 AM »

I am a hunter and an ATVer. I've been to RR on many occasions and I have no problems with the people out there. I'm fine with the POA rules and fee. I am just worried that other landowners who are not, are going to try to bring them down. As far as RR being a hunting club and not an ATV park - I agree thats what they want to be, but during the off season most people are out there just to ride.
FORDFANZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 05:42:12 PM »

I am a hunter and an ATVer. I've been to RR on many occasions and I have no problems with the people out there. I'm fine with the POA rules and fee. I am just worried that other landowners who are not, are going to try to bring them down. As far as RR being a hunting club and not an ATV park - I agree thats what they want to be, but during the off season most people are out there just to ride.

Dont  worry  they  ve  been  try  crap  for  years    POA  is  the  best  part  of  RR  they  will  take  care  of  the  members  and  there e property    I  just  bought  into  a  lease  out  there  and  the Gate  people  are  cool  with  me  and  that  article  is  total  horse  Sh@@ cause  I  ve  never  seen   anyone  walking  around the  gate  with  a  Shot gun  !!!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Anoriginal

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 09:07:05 PM »

I'll tell you what, go camp in the non-camping area during hunting season and see how good a shot a redneck can be. The rules are there for your safety, during part of the year RR is a HUNTING CLUB. Do you really want to set up camp on a rifle range? During my visit I saw what the $60 dues goes towards in action( the camp fire department ) among other things.
If your that concerned with the legal end of things you won't fit in out there anyway, so just stay home.

Ha ha ha.

That's too funny. Get'r done.....you'll get shot....rednecks are good shots...

Give me a break.
The "camp" fire department is one truck. If a person is buying out there, they should be concerned with the legal side of things. Again, what gives the "River Ranch Property Owner's Association" any right to: (a) dictate what I can or cannot do on my own property; (b) mandate where I can and cannot put up a "camp" unless on property they don't own; or (c) allow anyone to enter my property at will provided they pay a $60.00 yearly due to an illegal organization? Oh, wait a minute, I know what gives them the right....rednecks are good shots right?? Oh yeah, for my safety!

This is too funny.

By the way, jwscroll, you going to address the rules and my prior questions? Or, just tell me I won't fit in because "[I'm so] concerned with the legal end of things you (I) won't fit in out there anyway, so (I should) just stay home"

Then again, according to FORDFANZ, I'm an "Ahole". Why? Beacuse I asked some very simple questions that anyone with 1/2 a brain who was ever considering "buying" into RR shold be concerned about?  I mean come on! If you "own" property in RR I sure hope you are concerned about these questions. It's so basic it's unbelievable someone would be dumb enough not to be concerned about these issues.

But, I guess I'm an "A-hole" for thinking and pondering simple questions when I see others being led around by the nose. Call me a jerk for being intelligent. ha!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 09:11:59 PM by Anoriginal » Logged
FORDFANZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2005, 09:28:15 PM »

Ha ha ha.

That's too funny. Get'r done.....you'll get shot....rednecks are good shots...

Give me a break.
The "camp" fire department is one truck. If a person is buying out there, they should be concerned with the legal side of things. Again, what gives the "River Ranch Property Owner's Association" any right to: (a) dictate what I can or cannot do on my own property; (b) mandate where I can and cannot put up a "camp" unless on property they don't own; or (c) allow anyone to enter my property at will provided they pay a $60.00 yearly due to an illegal organization? Oh, wait a minute, I know what gives them the right....rednecks are good shots right?? Oh yeah, for my safety!

This is too funny.

By the way, jwscroll, you going to address the rules and my prior questions? Or, just tell me I won't fit in because "[I'm so] concerned with the legal end of things you (I) won't fit in out there anyway, so (I should) just stay home"

Then again, according to FORDFANZ, I'm an "Ahole". Why? Beacuse I asked some very simple questions that anyone with 1/2 a brain who was ever considering "buying" into RR shold be concerned about?  I mean come on! If you "own" property in RR I sure hope you are concerned about these questions. It's so basic it's unbelievable someone would be dumb enough not to be concerned about these issues.

But, I guess I'm an "A-hole" for thinking and pondering simple questions when I see others being led around by the nose. Call me a jerk for being intelligent. ha!

No  your  a  Ahole  because  you  dont  even  know  that  the  place  is  in  a  Flood   zone  and  most  of  the  time  is  under  water   for  one 

plus  ITS  NOT  ZONED  FOR  RESIDENTIAL  ITS  ZONED  AGRI  and  has  been  for  ever 

Plus  you  know  nothing  about  RR  IT  IS  A  HUNT  CAMP 

Morons  bought  property  there  cause  they  never  researched  it  and  thought  it  was  a  steal   but  if  you  would  look  into  thing s  you  would  see  that  they  will  never  be  allowed  to  build  a  "house" out  there   there  will  never  be  Paved  Roads 

Its A  place  for  people  to  go  out  and  enjoy    Fla  the  way  it  was  !!!!      But   because  Grandma  and  Grandpa   got  scammed  cause  they  were  IDIOTS  and  bought  Land  UNSEEN    Us  REDNECKS   are  not  allowing  them  to  see  their  land  well  guess  what  If  you   go  look  at  a  pond  right  now  thats what   you  r  land  looks  like   cause  thats  what  my  land  looks  like  out  their  right  now  ya  I  know  where  my  plot  is there  is  a  plot  map 

RR  is  a  HUNTING  LEASE  and  when  Hunting  season  is  over  its a  place to  play 

jwscroll
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2005, 09:44:32 PM »

BLAHBLAHBLAH, shutup and ride.  Cool

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2005, 10:41:22 PM »

FORDFANZ,  comes out from the bottom of his rock at times. Dont let him get under your skin. Before this it was Big Cypress and the same Blah,blah,blah  We are dumb rednecks dress in como and carry guns.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 12:08:07 PM by big-daddy » Logged

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
FORDFANZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2005, 11:08:14 PM »

FORDFANZ, ahole comes out from the bottom of his rock at times. Dont let him get under your skin. Before this it was Big Cypress and the same Blah,blah,blah  We are dumb rednecks dress in como and carry guns.

Ya  I  know  but  it  pisses  me  off   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

dirty1

Im in it for the RIDE.....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 01:37:49 AM »

As a deed holder i can tell you one thing, the only reason why there might be questions as to the rules and regulation against a piece of property owned by someone, is because some people( some of you beeing on here and you know who you are) and other people on ebay are sell bbogus quarter shares and full shares at prices that will gag a horse.   i am not afraid to say that i baught two deeds in past month for 680 each, i own them free and clear.  now there are others going for 4500 dollars, well yeah that can be a concern spending that much money and beeing told what you can and cant do.  if the prices will come back down to reality and River Ranch was treated they way it should be there would be no problems.  Now when you got some fool trying to get a couple thousand for his piece and talking it up as an atv park, well there will be concerns when Joe Shmoe with his deed gets to his atv park and finds out that it is not what he just paid a crap load of money for........... YOU OVER PRICED FOOLS SELLING DEEDS FOR CRAZY MONEY IS WHY QUESTIONS ARE BEEING RAISED.   GO SELL BRIDGES IN BROOKLYN AND LEAVE OUR LAND ALONE.......

foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000
FORDFANZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2005, 02:15:43 AM »

Ya  go  look  at  Ebay  right  now  and  there   are  peices  selling   anywhere  from  1200- 6500 Shocked Shocked :oAnd  they  dont  know  what  they  are  buying  !!!!!!!!But  like  I  said  just  because  you  get  scammed   dont  yell  at  us  Land  owners  that  know  what  the  land  is  for  thats  why  Iam  there  thats  why  I   bought  at  river ranch  and  thats  why  I  pay  my  60.00  every  year  !!!!!!!

jwscroll
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2005, 06:41:13 AM »

Anoriginal, I don't have to explain the rules cause you already did. If you would listen to whats being said instead of argueing just for the sake of argueing you would understand.
That plus it's not worth my time to write a speech for someone that's clearly not worth the trouble.
Why would you come to a ATV site and knock a riding area, way to work towards the greater good Anoriginal.
                         Jon

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
Anoriginal

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2005, 10:03:36 AM »

JWScroll:

Lets look at your last comments:

No  your  a  Ahole  because  you  dont  even  know  that  the  place  is  in  a  Flood   zone  and  most  of  the  time  is  under  water   for  one 

(No, it's not. Portions of it are as are numerous properties in Florida. What's that got to do with anything?)

plus  ITS  NOT  ZONED  FOR  RESIDENTIAL  ITS  ZONED  AGRI  and  has  been  for  ever 

(Hmmm. I own property zoned A and and A-1 which is agricultural. I have homes on it too. Your point?)

Plus  you  know  nothing  about  RR  IT  IS  A  HUNT  CAMP 

(Actually, I do know lots about RR. Obviously much more than you. It's not a hunt camp. There is no hunting lease. It is privately held property currently controlled by people who do not own it. The Hunting Camp issue is a farce.)

Morons  bought  property  there  cause  they  never  researched  it  and  thought  it  was  a  steal   but  if  you  would  look  into  thing s  you  would  see  that  they  will  never  be  allowed  to  build  a  "house" out  there   there  will  never  be  Paved  Roads 

(Again, not true. You can build a house out htere on your property if you meet all the requirements.  Paved roads are not necessary nor a requirement in that area. Also, the original roads were platted. Improbved or not, the raods are there in the public records. Wonder where you got  your info?)

Its A  place  for  people  to  go  out  and  enjoy    Fla  the  way  it  was  !!!!      But   because  Grandma  and  Grandpa   got  scammed  cause  they  were  IDIOTS  and  bought  Land  UNSEEN    Us  REDNECKS   are  not  allowing  them  to  see  their  land  well  guess  what  If  you   go  look  at  a  pond  right  now  thats what   you  r  land  looks  like   cause  thats  what  my  land  looks  like  out  their  right  now  ya  I  know  where  my  plot  is there  is  a  plot  map

(Not sure what your point is on this one. Sure, folks got scammed, but it doesn't change their ownership interest.  Regardless of where there land is located within RR, a person has a right to visit it and preventing them from entering or accessing their own land without paying a $60.00 fee to cross land that doesn't even belong to the people charging the fee is quite frankly...criminal.)

RR  is  a  HUNTING  LEASE  and  when  Hunting  season  is  over  its a  place to  play 

(No, it's not. There is no lease. Do you have a lease? With who? Who gets paid for the lease? the property owners? Do you have a lease for the entire 44k acres? With the actual owners? Come on. I'm not being a jerk, just stating simple facts. I always find it funny that when I ask simple questions that anyone with a minor amount of intelligence should ask too, I get flamed. Or, I get people coming back at me (who obviously do not have any clue what they are talking about) with non-existent or false facts.)

jwscroll - You accuse me of knocking a riding area and not working toward the greater good. Yet, at the same time you turn a blind eye to my questions and obvious issues that directly impact RR and your ability to ride there in the extended future. Re-read my posts. Then re-read yours. I asked simple questions that I cannot believe you (as a RR property owner and rider) would not be concerned with. If you're not, it is you that is clearly unconcerned with the greater good. I read what you posted and try to understand, but you avoid the questions all together. All I got so far from you is:

1. I'm not worth your trouble (guess your riding future isn't either?)
2. You think I'm and A-hole. (Why? I didn't call you names. Just asked a few questions)
3. I don't know what I'm talking about (Okay, sure. I think we cleared this up already.)
4. Rednecks are good shots and the rest of the area (other than the "camp area") is a rifle range.

FORDFANZ, ahole comes out from the bottom of his rock at times. Dont let him get under your skin. Before this it was Big Cypress and the same Blah,blah,blah We are dumb rednecks dress in como and carry guns.

Gee bigdaddy, sorry if intelligent discussion and questioning got you upset. All I was doing was asking a few simple questions. I mean, If a person "owns" a place out there and likes to ride on it and the surrounding area, you'd think they'd want to find out the ins and outs of the place. After all, if the place comes under attack (as more and more riding areas do every day) it seems a smart rider would want to have as much information as they could to assist them in keeping the place open.
Oh well, maybe not, we'll just let those Rednecks who are good shots take care of it for us.

Give me a break guys. I've seen your other posts on this board. You guys are all smarter than this and above your comments directed toward me. Based upon your posts regarding other subjects, I can see you are all good guys. Don't you at least wonder about the RR situation and how it is operated? Come on! You better be concerned and ask questions (and try answering mine). You can bet your butts the people who want to see RR taken away are asking these questions. Again, not being a jerk. I'm not an A-Hole. I know all the ins and outs on RR and what's going on. I know the people in charge of the RR POA and those who want to close it up.  Personally, I'd hate to see it go. But, until folks like ourselves (you guys and myself included) start getting at these issues, we're losing the battle.

If my comments piss you off, I'm sorry. But, they're the truth. Focus your energy on the issue, not me. I'm just bringing it to your attention
FORDFANZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2005, 10:55:50 AM »

Ok  you  know  Everything  I  get  the  point  SO  STFU  If  you  dont  like  the  Idea  of  RR  then  dont  buy  property    do  not  go there  and  dont  worry  about   end  of  story  ...Oh  no  I  see  you  wanna  sit  behind  a  computer  and  Bith=ch  about  something  that   you  PROBABLY  have  never  been  too  and  seen  what  goes  on Ya  its  not  a  lease  but  you  get  the  Idea  and  no  its  no you  cant  build  a  house  in  the  middle  of  a  flood area and  you still  dont get  the  point  of  UNDEVELOPED    your  like  trying  to  talk  to  my  2  year  old  so  drop  it  and  let  us  land  owners  enjioy  RR   

big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2005, 10:58:18 AM »

Anoriginal
do you have a deed? if you do, I buy from you for $600.00... What do say

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
dirty1

Im in it for the RIDE.....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2005, 11:43:40 AM »

hey anoriginal, i baught my deed s knowing good and well i could never build, but i can put a trailer there, whats wrong with camping in a flood zone if your in an elevated trailer?  also River ranch properties is a created association like living in a housing development.   Why dont you come down here to miami and buy a house in Coral Gables for well over a milion dollars and find out that you can't  paint it anycolor but one of three, canot have a pickup truck infront of your house, cannot posses a visible ATV, and can only put certain trees in your yard.  you should move here, you could complain all day to the Gables association and tell the all about there zoning and all those other things you know.....

foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2005, 01:17:29 PM »

You are so right Dirty1, I lived in the Coral Gables for over 30 years. You are limted  to 3 dogs and cats. No boats on the side for the house, end less rules.  Wink

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com