Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATV title issue?  (Read 7148 times)
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: August 05, 2011, 04:30:40 PM »

I bought a 2003 400EX with title. I heard that you need to have a title to ride on public/state land such as Croom.

I am looking at purchasing a 2002 400EX as well, but they dont come with titles. Since 2002 was the cutoff for titling ATVs that year will Croom still allow me to get a sticker for the ATV?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:33:17 PM by REBEL » Logged

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 05:57:12 PM »

I think you have to get them registered with the state in order to get the green sticker also needed before you get the sticker from croom. You get the green registration sticker from the tax collector office. Take the tittle for the 2003 & a bill of sale for the 2002 with the vin.#'s to the same place you renew your vehicle registration. There's a small fee of coarse to get the green sticker. Once you have the green stickers on the bikes you will need to take a copy of the tittle & bill of sale with you to croom then you can get your croom sticker!!!!!              Hope this helps.

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
mudbucket2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »

i just had to do the same thing and a bunch of red tape to get the green sticker , on my 2001 polars , and i ended up with two green sticker. 49 dollars for one green sticker.
pineiroj

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »

To got to croom give the your serial number at gate and they will give you a sticker other places like ONF you will need the green sticker Wink which requires a title this you get from the state
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 09:48:01 PM »

To got to croom give the your serial number at gate and they will give you a sticker other places like ONF you will need the green sticker Wink which requires a title this you get from the state

So I do not even need to show proof of a title or anything? Just give them the VIN# and it's good?

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 10:01:53 PM »

When i got my sticker for Croom they looked to see if i had the green sticker & also needed to see proof of ownership!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:00:25 PM by SMP63 » Logged

3500# winch
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 01:56:22 PM »

Never have I ever had to do more than take a Bic pen, black, blue... I think I even filled it out once in red, I took the receipt from the mcdonalds I just ate, flipped it over to the back where there is no writing, looked on my atv for the VIN and wrote it down on said paper and walked up with $50, my drivers license, and the receipt I just wrote the VIN down on..

Everyone acts like it is Fort Knox to go in there... I dont understand where the whole "proof of ownership" or "need a title" thing has come from. Has anyone ever financed an ATV...or a car? Did they give you a title while you were making payments? Didn't think so. The bike/quad/utv is registered with the state through the VIN number.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 03:53:44 PM »

When i was there i informed the guy @ the gate house that it was my first time there & he said "quote" I need to see tittle or registration & drivers licence."unquote". He then leaned out the window & looked to see if i had green sticker on the bike & said "quote" OK you've got the green sticker "unquote". Registration is a form of proof of ownership. It could very well be that all he was looking for was the Vin #'s.  I stand corrected!!!!!!!!!!   Grin

Just so you know svtbolt04 not all bikes/quads have been registered with the state!!

3500# winch
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 01:47:21 PM »

SMP, did you even read my post thoroughly?

I have never put that stupid green sticker on my quad OR my dirt bike. Both were bought after 2003 (2006 & 2008) and have NEVER had a problem writing the 17 digit V.I.N. on a piece of paper, be it legal, illegal, toilet or tissue to get a year pass after handing them cash and drivers license.

Roll Eyes!!!!

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com