Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PURCELLS ON BLANDING IN JAX FL  (Read 4601 times)
mudbucket2

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 20, 2011, 01:13:35 PM »

i took my polaris mag 325 to them to get fix , that is where i bought it from . i had carb prob and they said for 200 dollars we will rebuild it , 3 weeks later i am having crab prob again so i called them , and they said for another 200 dollar we will rebuild it again . does anybody see something wrong with this pic .?
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 09:28:59 PM »

Yeah, they think you're stupid and they don't know how to rebuild a carb! Sounds kinda high for a carb rebuild though.
rtrperformance engines

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 10:13:28 PM »

I  have  been a Polaris tech and service manager for 20 years . flat rate has always been 1 hr plus parts. parts would be $50.00 max. should be around $125.00 to $ 150.00. worst case . if it needs anymore than that, the carb would more than likely need replacing.most techs will spend a lot of time trying to repair when they should replace. What was the problem with it to start with. most dealerships would warranty a repair for at least 30 days and some will go 90 days.
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 10:31:56 PM »

They did some service work on a friend of mines bike. It is an enduro type I guess you would say. Anyway he was driving it home and heard a lot of rattling. Turned it around and went back. They didn't put new oil in and said too bad he shoulda checked it before he left. Another friend bought a polaris 800 Dale Jr edition and it kept overheating. After tons of problems and no help she traded it for a 660 Grizzly. I wouldn't buy a spark plug from them.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
06grizz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 07:10:55 AM »

Mud

I use a guy in middleburg  for all my repairs.  He is certified on suzuki, yamaha, polaris, and also does seadoos and what not.  His name is Rick.  He has a nice shop and is very professional.  He rebuilt the carb on my grizz 660 for 140.00 with new oem parts and I never had another problem.  I have now had some friends take theirs to him for repairs and everyone has been very pleased.  He has a quick turn around time to compared to purcells or beach blvd motorsports.  If you would like his company name and number let me know.
MedicMudder
Supreme Member

USMC...OOOO RHAA !!!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 11:17:26 AM »

yes yes yes!!!!!! need info on Rick I got a carb on a 500 spm popo that needs rebuilt,plus a 335 that needs bearrings

Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
 My son is a United States  Marine. SmileySmiley Semper Fidelis.
 Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!
06grizz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »

cycle & ski concepts
Rick Swaim
4230 county rd 218
middleburg, fl
904-291-6388

I have personally had work done by him and also a couple friends.  He is fair on pricing and good turn around time.  Give him a call and see what he can do for you.  He is on 218 maybe a mile down after you turn off blanding.  He is in a set of bays on the right hand side of 218.
mikecarson

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 04:21:27 PM »

Rick is an honest guy,,,and knows exactly what he's doing,, Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com