Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I've seen at Croom  (Read 12250 times)
Reaver221

2006 Suzuki Vinson 500 4x4

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:15:45 PM »

Nothing special but I've seen a small (4) herd of Florida deer on one trip out by myself and on another such trip I saw a buck and doe whitetail deer, along with squirrels, hawks and other assorted wildlife.
The small herd of Florida deer just leaped over the trail I was flying down and then stopped to graze not 30 feet from where I came to a screeching halt.  It was nice to seem some wildlife.
The whitetail buck and doe was just as nice.  I came around a bend on one of the trails in the northern part of Croom and there they were in a small clearing.  The buck was standing very majestically while the doe was behind him almost completely hidden.  She seems to know that if she stood just so in front of a tree, you couldn't see her.  She really knew how to stand perfectly still, I almost missed her.  The buck and I exchanged looks for what seemed like 5 minutes and then they bounded off, boy, they are quick and agile.
Just what I've seen so far.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:25:32 PM by Reaver221 » Logged

Beware of stupid people in large groups.
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 02:43:05 PM »

Very cool encounter. Keep your eye out for the Piebald deer out there. There were 2 but one was killed on I75 back in 2007.

Here a pic of one of them. The couple times Ive seen it were near the front pit. 

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
Reaver221

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 07:17:07 PM »

I will keep my eye out this Friday, we're going up for a full day.  I haven't seen those deer though.  Thanks for the pic.  I will try to snap one if we're lucky enough.

eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 01:06:16 PM »

we were riding there once and came up on 3 deer 2 were kinda layin down and the other was standing. we were only 20' from them and i have a loud pipe and my son had a banshee with a bad baffle and the noise didn't bother them at all.but when i reached for the camera to take a pic they took off.we see deer there everytime we go.

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
Reaver221

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 01:14:55 PM »

We were just there on Friday, the 8th, and I was looking but this time I must have missed the deer.  I think I'm going either this Saturday or Sunday, 16th/17th.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com