Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRX450R MUFFLER  (Read 2686 times)
FTR44C-REP

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2005, 03:22:34 PM »

I'm looking for a muffler that gives a better sound over the stocker.  I'm not too worried about increasing the power, it has plenty.  I DO NOT want to RE-JET the carb!
Does something like this exist.   I put a Pro Circuit T-4 on my brothers KFX400 and didn't touch the carb and it still runs perfect.
HELP!

FTR 44C-OPEN
C RIDER REP
954-784-7666
Yamaha72
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 06:34:03 PM »

Sometimes you don't have to re-jet even when you put a full exhaust on but it will help a lot if you do. My friend put a full LRD pro-4 exhaust on his
Honda 450 and it ran fine with stock jetting but now runs beautiful with it re-jeted. I would say If you want to get good sound but not a whole lot of performance, don't forget about quality, and look either. I would go with the LRD here is a link to it...   

http://www.lrdperformance.com/cgi-bin/shop/category_detail.cgi?id=HEPTA00003&cat=Exhaust%20Systems&atv=Honda%20450R

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 09:19:07 PM »

You must rejet when you do any modifications to the exhaust. The 450R is one of the easyist quads to rejet. You don't even have to remove the bowl from the carb. There is a big nut on the bottom for the carb. I think it is 17mm. The main jet can be accessed by removing it. Then it jet is a 6mm. If you don't rejet the carb it will run LEAN. Lean is no good it make the quad run HOT.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 10:33:37 PM »

[i just put the lrd slip on  k&n and hrc modifyed airbox with splash guard and 180 main air screw 2 turn out from seated its the easyest to change and man hold on cause it has twice the power over stock  rock on

if u can't be good be good at it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com