Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Planning a trip  (Read 3376 times)
djtates125

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 02, 2011, 12:29:51 PM »

I was looking into planning a trip for myself and some other riders from my group. I was looking into Durham town. I was wondering the group i ride with is into 4x4 riding. we all have some sort of mud tire and lifts , would Durham town be a spot for us or are they more of a sport bike/mx track? If so were do you all recamend we go?

YOLO!
2006 kingquad 28" mudzilla snorkelled radiator relocated 3000# winch
2005 sportsman 800 rdc 2" lift Clarion headunit with pair of 8" bazooka tubies and amp 30 silverback with super atv foward aarms polaris rear box with bags 5000# wireless venom winch
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:04:24 PM »

Durhamtown is perfect. Just went a couple weeks ago. There is muddy trail areas and a mud pit you can ride in until you're bike weighs a million pounds lol. I saw a lot of riders burying their bikes on the trails but I would rather not see that but to each his own. The people there are second to none.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
Baileygunns

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 02:38:30 PM »

^^X2

Just went last weekend. AWESOME!

Mud pit for getting supper dirty and miles and miles of trails. I would say there were more 4x4 quads on the trails then sport bikes when we went. A few SxS rigs too (I saw a couple TRICKED out RZRS out there). TONS of dirt bikes but it seemed like they mostly hung out on the MX tracks. I took my wife for her first trip on her Honda 250EX, she was gitty. I almost had more fun watching her ride than riding myself... almost, lol.

They have pressure washers for $1 to clean of the THICK Georgia clay at the end of the day (took me about $3 each time we cleaned off but we were COVERED). The pro shop is WELL stocked with gear and parts. I was shocked when I went in and looked around. I was expecting a tinny store with outrageous prices. That was not at all what I found. They have an amazing rental set up. Seemed like they had 3 or 4 of every type of bike or quad... The only thing I could ding them on was the food... Not that great but was eatable. We did breakfast and lunch in the Cafe and cooked on the grill for dinners. I think next time we will plan to cook all meals at the cabin. The cabins are just that... Cabins. Don't expect the Marriot, but for a weekend atv trip they were perfect.

Durhamtown was awesome, hands down. We will be planning another trip with out a doubt.
I_N_3
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 06:40:36 PM »

Anybody got a website?

KiNG QuAD 750
Johnny Rotten

Bring on the RZR burn, bumps, nicks, & cuts...

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 08:21:29 PM »

http://www.durhamtown.com/

2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."
djtates125

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 09:37:11 PM »

thanks for the feedback looks like i will be planning the trip there then.

YOLO!
2006 kingquad 28" mudzilla snorkelled radiator relocated 3000# winch
2005 sportsman 800 rdc 2" lift Clarion headunit with pair of 8" bazooka tubies and amp 30 silverback with super atv foward aarms polaris rear box with bags 5000# wireless venom winch
I_N_3
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 01:34:59 PM »

Thanx

KiNG QuAD 750
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com