Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the hump !! any one still go out there  (Read 11721 times)
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2010, 10:12:45 PM »

hey guys names Efren i used to ride the hump everyday since i was about 5  untill i was around 18 now im 21 and haven't bin there in over 2 years ..... is it still okay to ride out there ? i know they fenced off some places for digging but is it "pig/cop" free ? im on probation and dont want to do anything to get in trouble !! 

thanks ! and god bless

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 06:52:28 PM »

This ain't no pirate's den! Unfortunately, I believe you'd be trespassing if you go to the Humps.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 08:46:13 PM »

Lots of people still ride out there.  I have been out there many many many times and only had one contact with police officer.  He just told us to be safe and was checking out our atv's.  Just do not ride on the street.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
Dixie Normous

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »

rubicon500kid...I am not surprised that a disrespectful pc of $hit like you is on probation....wow, what a surprise! Let me guess...you did nothing wrong....it wasn't you......the "Police Officer" was just messing with you for no reason huh?Huh? Have a little bit of respect for the people that put their lives on the line to protect yours....azzhole!
And yes, I am a cop and don't appreciate your choice of words sir... you little snot nosed prick!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:41:39 PM by Dixie Normous » Logged

09 Camo TRX500 Foreman
2" Perfex Long Travel Lift Kit
HomeDepot Snorkel
28" Outlaws
HMF Utility Exhaust
Dyno Jet Kit
canam2010

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 04:47:58 PM »

Rubicon, if you've "turned over a new leaf" then how about act with some respect to people, sh*t may have happened in your past but you don't need to call people names.

Lets rewrite your post for you:

Hey guys, I'm Efren. I used to ride the hump everyday from when I was 5, up till I was 18.  Now I'm 21 and haven't been there in a few years. Is it still okay to ride out there? I know they fenced off some places for digging, but is there a lot of enforcement for trespassing? I'm on probation and don't want to do anything to get in trouble.  Oops, I just answered my own question, since I'm on probation I shouldn't be breaking any laws whatsoever. I'll just go ride at croom, ocala, river ranch, dirty foot, or any other place that I have to pay a minimal fee
08Honda400EX

Dirty Foot Adventures is my favorite place to ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 11:50:47 PM »

rubicon500kid...I am not surprised that a disrespectful pc of $hit like you is on probation....wow, what a surprise! Let me guess...you did nothing wrong....it wasn't you......the "Police Officer" was just messing with you for no reason huh?Huh? Have a little bit of respect for the people that put their lives on the line to protect yours....azzhole!
And yes, I am a cop and don't appreciate your choice of words sir... you little snot nosed prick!

I'm with you, I prefer the places I ride to be jackass free.

Charlie Swartz - #890

2008 White/Black Honda TRX400EX
2011 Green Honda Recon 250TM
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 08:33:29 AM »

The people who put their lives on the line for us everyday volunteered for that job. The kid was just asking a question so he didn't get into trouble. And if you don't think police randomly target and harass people then you haven't been to Avon Park, FL. Nice screen name for a police officer.

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
Dixie Normous

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 09:52:55 AM »

The people who put their lives on the line for us everyday volunteered for that job. The kid was just asking a question so he didn't get into trouble. And if you don't think police randomly target and harass people then you haven't been to Avon Park, FL. Nice screen name for a police officer.

First off let me say....Thank you for enjoying my screen name....I actually think its kinda funny myself! Second off let me also agree with you that we do volunteer to do that job...more the reason for alittle bit of respect. I can't say what happens in Avon Park as I have never road there, all I can say is that the "legal" places that I ride, the Police Officers do not harass people just because.
Also, the kid was just not asking a question....the kid made it a point to refer to Police Officers as pigs! Please re-read his post as you must have missed that part. For those that think the Police Officers are soooo bad, when you atv gets stolen...call the Fire Department, when you get robbed....call the Post Office, when your family members have something happen to them....don't call the "Pigs" since they are sooooo bad!
You do not realize how many arrests happen from "gut feelings" and from randomly checking people. Ever wonder how many stolen atvs, cars, motorcycles, etc get recovered by random checks......I do, alot!
Maybe I over reacted about the name calling, but its sad that the lack of respect that comes from the kids these days....not just towards Cops...towards everyone.

09 Camo TRX500 Foreman
HomeDepot Snorkel
28" Outlaws
HMF Utility Exhaust
Dyno Jet Kit
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 10:04:48 AM »

I will say Thank You. You guys take risks that you don't have to. I'm not a total jerk.

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
Dixie Normous

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 10:11:32 AM »

I will say Thank You. You guys take risks that you don't have to. I'm not a total jerk.

never thought you were a jerk sir......just wanted to make sure that everyone don't think we are all jerks either, as I do very much realize that there are some out there. Heck, I work with some!!! ha ha

09 Camo TRX500 Foreman
HomeDepot Snorkel
28" Outlaws
HMF Utility Exhaust
Dyno Jet Kit
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 07:21:37 PM »

LMAOO  hey dixie normous  get a life!!!  my own father is a "pig" and has bin for 20+ years im so sorry it offended you but most cops iv bin around find it funny........  also no it was not the swat teams fault they raided my house and took everything i owned even took out one of my dogs(NOT ALL APBT ARE BAD)  ..... all they found was cash and  OMG (im such a bad guy !!! WOW ) ...........***POT*** i got my self in that messs no one but my self.. i lost my job, went to jail , and now im on probation but its MY FAULT for  all that happened........... the cops in my case  where just doing there job.............back when i used to post on here this site was about riding atvs not bashing some one because i said pig....... get  a life

First off let me say....Thank you for enjoying my screen name....I actually think its kinda funny myself! Second off let me also agree with you that we do volunteer to do that job...more the reason for alittle bit of respect. I can't say what happens in Avon Park as I have never road there, all I can say is that the "legal" places that I ride, the Police Officers do not harass people just because.
Also, the kid was just not asking a question....the kid made it a point to refer to Police Officers as pigs! Please re-read his post as you must have missed that part. For those that think the Police Officers are soooo bad, when you atv gets stolen...call the Fire Department, when you get robbed....call the Post Office, when your family members have something happen to them....don't call the "Pigs" since they are sooooo bad!
You do not realize how many arrests happen from "gut feelings" and from randomly checking people. Ever wonder how many stolen atvs, cars, motorcycles, etc get recovered by random checks......I do, alot!
Maybe I over reacted about the name calling, but its sad that the lack of respect that comes from the kids these days....not just towards Cops...towards everyone.

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 09:03:05 PM »

kid if you want respect then act like you have some. Calling LEO's pigs is just plain disrespectful, period. Whether they care or not, they are cops, sheriffs, police officers, not pigs. In you previous illegal life that would have been the norm, you chose to be a dope dealer and got nailed for it. Now if you choose to be a respectable, law abiding citizen and get respect then you need to rethink how you talk in a public forum.
Good luck with your turnaround. You live in South Florida, save some cash and drive up to LCross and ride legally other than that you will have to travel a few more hours north.
I_N_3
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 02:25:58 PM »

Back to the subject. Anyone plan on going out here in the next few weeks after the New Year?  Just recently got me a King Quad and wouldn't mind joining up with a few heads for a ride. I have a winch but just in case I bog down it's easier if you got other bikes. (especially considering I've never been here not sure what kinda mud I may get)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:31:38 PM by I_N_3 » Logged

KiNG QuAD 750
candidate zero

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 09:40:07 PM »

Jesus how can you handle being a LEO if something that stupid can piss you off so much?

'06 LTR
speedman8903
Supreme Member

BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOUL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 10:59:04 PM »

Back to the subject. Anyone plan on going out here in the next few weeks after the New Year?  Just recently got me a King Quad and wouldn't mind joining up with a few heads for a ride. I have a winch but just in case I bog down it's easier if you got other bikes. (especially considering I've never been here not sure what kinda mud I may get)

if i get my bike running by then im down

05 brute sold

08 brute
10' CATVOS lift
29.5 w/itp ss212 all blk
mimb snorkles
epi clutch kit
rilla rad relocated
and much more!!!
I_N_3
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 11:54:40 PM »

Cool. I gotta get some stuff done too. Starter acting up, tune up etc.. that's why I mentioned after the new year. What do you ride 4x4?

KiNG QuAD 750
TNTaylor
MudMarine

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 08:05:02 AM »

We rode the hump yesterday.  FWC was patrolling but didn't give us a hard time.  But he did run our DL and warned us to stay off the agriculture areas.  He also warned us that Miami-Dade plans to begin towing illegally parked vehicles in the near future so be careful where you park.

Anyone caught riding a stolen ATV will be shot on site, or at least they should be.... Wink

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
I_N_3
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 10:57:30 AM »

We rode the hump yesterday.  FWC was patrolling but didn't give us a hard time.  But he did run our DL and warned us to stay off the agriculture areas.  He also warned us that Miami-Dade plans to begin towing illegally parked vehicles in the near future so be careful where you park.

Anyone caught riding a stolen ATV will be shot on site, or at least they should be.... Wink

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the shoulder of Tennessee Road is considered illegal?

And before anyone post something saying "where ever there are signs, that's considered illegal". I know this but I have never been there so I dont know if there are signs that are posted that people just ignore.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 01:36:24 PM by I_N_3 » Logged

KiNG QuAD 750
speedman8903
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 03:11:17 PM »

Cool. I gotta get some stuff done too. Starter acting up, tune up etc.. that's why I mentioned after the new year. What do you ride 4x4?

i go there and couple other places, let just keep in touch by here and when we are ready to ride we will hook up, i dont know the trails good so we will have fun lol

05 brute sold

08 brute
10' CATVOS lift
29.5 w/itp ss212 all blk
mimb snorkles
epi clutch kit
rilla rad relocated
and much more!!!
I_N_3
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 03:34:38 PM »

What do you ride? I will send you a p.m. with my info.

KiNG QuAD 750
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 10:01:57 PM »

What do you ride?

Well, since you asked:

2001 F350 with 8" Pro Comp lift, 38" tires on 18" Welds, and lots of HP and torque from a heavily massaged 7.3.

CanAM Outlander 800
Rhino 700
1969 Toyota FJ40

Kid's rides:

Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4
Honda 250 Recon

Any questions?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:06:35 PM by digginfool » Logged

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
I_N_3
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 11:57:58 PM »

Nice...

KiNG QuAD 750
speedman8903
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2010, 09:56:24 AM »

What do you ride?

Well, since you asked:

2001 F350 with 8" Pro Comp lift, 38" tires on 18" Welds, and lots of HP and torque from a heavily massaged 7.3.

CanAM Outlander 800
Rhino 700
1969 Toyota FJ40

Kid's rides:

Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4
Honda 250 Recon

Any questions?

lol your too funny

05 brute sold

08 brute
10' CATVOS lift
29.5 w/itp ss212 all blk
mimb snorkles
epi clutch kit
rilla rad relocated
and much more!!!
I_N_3
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2010, 10:14:12 AM »

lol yea actually the message was intended for speedman but it's cool to know what he rides...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 07:35:37 PM by I_N_3 » Logged

KiNG QuAD 750
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com