Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UFC last night  (Read 2062 times)
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

PLEASE Don't tell obama what comes after TRILLION

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2010, 05:15:43 PM »

Is anyone else as disappointed as I am ? The fights were good, but I really wanted Sonnen to win. He didn't do much damage, but he did exactly what he said he would. He went through Silva's punches and put him on his back and attempted to beat a hole in his face. I honestly though he would have been knocked out, but he dominated the whole fight............right up to when he got submitted.
I know Silva said he was injured, so maybe that was it, but how many think Sonnen showed his weakness in putting him under pressure instead of letting him dance and fire those hands ? 
Silva is a fantastic fighter, but after his antics in the last several fights I want to see him beat.

"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 08:29:03 PM »

OAKLAND, Calif. – Anderson Silva was only 110 seconds away from surrendering his Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight championship when he pulled off one of the most stunning finishes in mixed martial arts history in the main event of UFC 117 at Oracle Arena.

After taking more than four rounds of pounding from trash-talking challenger Chael Sonnen, a thoroughly beaten-up Silva (27-4) caught Sonnen (25-11-1) in a triangle choke.

Sonnen tapped out at 3:10 of the fifth round, though Sonnen complained to referee Josh Rosenthal. He apparently was saying that he didn’t submit, though replays indicated he clearly did.

Sonnen took Silva down early in each round and beat him terribly in each. Several times, Rosenthal was leaning in, apparently on the verge of stopping the bout.

The fifth round was no different from the other four. Silva, who was far behind on the scorecards, came out aggressively and tried to end it, but Sonnen took him down again. He was pounding away until Silva slipped on the triangle.

Submission defense has been Sonnen’s biggest problem throughout his career, and it was again on his biggest night. But he made himself into a major star, not only with his trash talking but also with his gritty performance.

The victory was the UFC-record 12th in a row for Silva, the longest reigning champion in company history. He has held the title since October 2006.

gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »

i like silva but i agree his ego had seemed to of grown a little to large before this fight, and i was kind of hoping for cheal to come out on top. I think on top of being an amazing fighter physically(silva), he is x2 as strong mentally. He was on the ground getting hit left and right with both stunning and jarring blows. But he was calmly waiting on position for that submission pretty much the whole fight and conserving energy. He was explosive at the beginning of every round, but just couldnt keep sonnen from taking him down.  Sonnen definitely showed silva he's not unbeatable! I can't wait for that rematch!

btw, how the hell did silva NOT bleed during that fight?!

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 02:20:56 PM »

btw, how the hell did silva NOT bleed during that fight?!

Great question because he was hit plenty. The rematch should be great.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com