Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ronnie Hopkins passed away  (Read 24052 times)
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 01, 2010, 12:46:02 PM »

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2010/august/130822/Palmetto-man-52-dies-in-motorcycle-crash

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=659

Not sure how many people still hang around here that knew Ronnie, but he passed away last night. He was one of the greatest guys I've ever known in my entire life and he will be missed by hundreds of people that were honored to call him their friend. I'm not local to where he lived, but I plan to attend the services, and as I learn more I will post up. Spread the word if you knew him...

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 01:21:36 PM »

R.I.P Ronnie

please bikers wear your helmet they can help save lifes a buddy of mine went down a few months ago he was NOT wearing a helmet and almost die also he now has brain damage ...
   WEAR YOUR HELMET !!
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 01:22:16 PM »

I just came from his house and its a really sad time for his family. He was a lot of fun to be around and will be missed.  Plans are to spread his ashes in his favorite riding spot.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 02:25:19 PM »

I'm at a loss for words today. Last night I witnessed a fatal car accident and this morning I get this news.

Ronnie was by far one of the nicest people I have known. He would build stuff on CNC machines and just give it to you. I have a huge billet sparkplug he made me.. He would make things just to make them,  Ive had it for years. The first time I met Ronnie, my brother Dave and I were young. It was at "Hernando" back in the hill climbing days and Ron and Rooster "Mark" were giving Dave a hard time (teasing) that he couldn't climb this vertical hill on a stock trx250r. Well Dave climbed it anyway and friendships were made.

I have alot of good memories of Ronnie. Cant say Ive ever seem him pissed off or yelling. All he would ever say was "GET IT RAG!!!" and "BRRRRRPPPP!!!!"  cause he loved 2 stroke motors. He was one of the last 3 wheel hill climbing/draggers. He was hell on the light with lightning fast reflexes and only until I built a 10mm Banshee on Alky could I take him.

I miss those days. Ill miss his friendship. And until we met again.

GET IT RAGGG!!!!  

-Chris
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:53:38 AM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 04:17:43 PM »

I knew Ronnie for almost 30 years. Back when we rode ATC 90's, 185s' and 200's. Ronnie used to have a 1981 ATC 200 with Wooly Booger tires on it that he called "Miss Magic". Even then, Ronnie could climb hills that nobody else would.

Ronnie built a couple of 250r motors for me over the years and they were always blisteringly fast. His skills with a two stroke motor were surreal. Anyone who's had the honor of owning anything he modified knows what I am talking about.

Ronnie was always in a good mood. Never angry, never down. Everyone that knew him loved him. He was always one to make everyone laugh and you couldn't help but enjoy yourself when he was around.
I am proud to have known him and to have called him friend. I will miss him and I'd ask all of you to keep his wife and sons in your prayers.

God speed and Git it Rag!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 04:29:55 PM by Anoriginal » Logged

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »

Ronnie was good people. Talented on his machine work too!
He will be missed!

RACE IN PEACE BROTHER!!!

jt

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 12:03:29 PM »

I haven't been on this forum in years, but Jerry Corne just called and gave me the sad news.  Like so many have said Ronnie was awesome to be around and I will never forget the memories of drag racing with him.  GET IT RAG will forever live in with awesome memories of Ronnie.  Very sad news to hear.  I don't have a 4 wheeler anymore, but I am going to attend the favorite riding spot if I don't have plans that weekend.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
PAPA_TRIBAL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 01:15:25 PM »

I haven't been on here in years. But I was made aware of Ronnie's passing this morning in a call from Mike Lupo. Its a sad sad day. I remember meeting Ronnie in Hernando one weekend when a bunch of us were out climbing hills. We were over at the wall and Jerry and Shawn had convinced me I could climb the wall. Here I am, very afraid of heights, Im like ain't no way am I doing that!! But I did it any way. So here comes this guy on this tricked out tri-z he tells lupo that he is 45 years old and doesn't do those kinda things anymore.. Lupo looks at him with this grin and says Frank is 45 and he just did it. Thats all it took! Ronnie hit that hill on his tri-z and off he went. I was amazed at the things that man could do on a 3 wheeler. Thats the day I learned of the legend of Yamahondaman!! There was no one like Ronnie.. The man could climb straight up a 75' hill with one hand on the throttle and a Bud Light in the other!! Never ever saw him mad or angry. Just always had this big grin on his face. Would do anything to help anyone.  We got into sanddrags. There was 5 of us with banshee's all done up in Tribal flames. He start calling us the Tribals and it stuck. That Name even became popular on planetsand. The man was known all over the united states in the sanddrag racing circles due to the killer cnc parts he would custom make. No one made better looking adjustable  struts than Ronnie. There aren't to many people I look up to in atving, But Ronnie,Jerry,Shawn and Mike Lupo are the best!! Ronnie you will best missed my brother but you will never be forgotten.. Go ride high up that Mountain my Brother!! RIP YAMAHONDAMAN!!!
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 05:10:10 PM »

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?117085-Ronnie-passed-away-last-night More information there on my site.

Talked to Ronnie's buddy Alan, the service is going to be this Thursday at 1:00PM.

Griffith Cline - Funeral Services
720 Manatee Avenue
Bradenton, FL 34205

The memorial/Remembrance ride at the hills is tentatively to be held in like 2 weeks.

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1986 ATC250R
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »

Thanks for the update Billy. Ill go on the ride.. but i need a ride..

cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 09:45:24 PM »

ronnie will be missed  one of the best guys i ever met  wow just at loss of words Shocked

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 09:54:19 PM »

I remember almost all of you guys from back in the drag racing days...at Saltsdale and then at Hazlehurst when saltsdale closed. I was the kid on the raggedy CR500R threewheeler. Ronnie really took me under his wing and taught me so much about bikes and building motors and riding. I wouldn't know 1/4 of what I do today if it wasn't for him. He really was an awesome guy.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 11:04:19 PM by HondaATC » Logged

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1986 ATC250R
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 06:39:33 AM »

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. Ronnie was one of the coolest guys I ever met. You always knew there would be fun times if Ronnie was around. Watching him climb hills at Hernando and Sand Mountain was really amazing. RIP my friend. You will be missed. Heres a pic from Saltsdale that I know a lot of you will remember ...... Git it Rag !! .........................  Cool

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
550superquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 02:42:47 PM »

RIP BROTHER    GET IT RAGGGGGGG   BRRRRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP

I think it's time to down some brown bottles in honor of RONNIE  Sad Cry

1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »

found this.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/bradenton/guestbook.aspx?n=ronald-hopkins&pid=144447146&cid=full

tribal-shee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 11:53:24 PM »

It's been a long time since I've been on here and it is really cool to see everybody coming together for Ronnie! I was in shock when I got the call that he is no longer with us. It really is amazing though, how many lives he has touched. Like many have already said his personality instantly made you love to be around him! I have so many great memories of him hillclimbing with us and then at Saltsdale where he had just as much fun just hanging out like that pic with the cone yelling at everyone! LOL  Unfortunately for us, alot of us progressed in the drag racing world and he kinda stepped back a bit so we didn't see as much of him. He would call me up and say " Lupo you Tribal boys are flying on those banshees, you guys are crazy" and I"d just laugh and remind him of the crazy stuff he did on that 3 wheeler!
   The man was also one of the most generous persons I know, willing to make all kinds of things for our bikes and when you bought something from him he always gave you 10x what you payed for. he'd say here take these, and oh you need some of these and before you know it you'd have to make 2 trips to the truck! LOL I too have one of those giant spark plugs that sits on my shop bench. He was so proud of those things like a little kid at christmas!
  Ronnie I know your in a better place buddy but you will be sorely missed! We will pray for your family and will see you again someday!
 R.I.P. Ronnie Hopkins "get it Raggggggg"
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 12:00:58 AM by tribal-shee » Logged
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!! florida needs a helment law. it could have saved his life! no call for this man to die. i didnt know him but he sounds like a super guy. RIP.

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 12:54:30 PM »

Helmet wouldn't have saved him. Wasn't that type of injury.

It's a terrible loss for his family and friends. He was a really good person.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

save money on tires! ride a trike!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 06:59:23 PM »

IM jelous of those who have known him longer, but im still blessed that I knew him for the time I did. He was an awesome freind and everyones right, I would get one part that I needed and a box full of all kinds of goodies would show up. I will always remember the times we went riding in ocala those were some crazy fun times.!

HIGH WHEELIES IN HEAVEN BRO!

GIT IT RAAAAAGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 11:53:01 PM »

Been a long time, Get It Rag !!

I am sorry to hear about this tragedy, may he rest in piece.

My family's wishes go out to his.

The Walker Family.

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »

I just figured I would check this site out after several months. What a great guy he was. I can say no more then what has been said, but I agree with all of it.  I wish I could attend the ride but I got to work this weekend. Good to see all the old saltsdale folks are still around. Wish we could find another place like it. R.I.P.  GET IT RAG

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 08:49:29 PM »

We are having a memorial ride and spreading his ashes in his favorite riding spot this weekend. PM me for details if you can make it.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com