Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Title Info  (Read 2032 times)
WalshYFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2010, 10:21:35 AM »

I was looking to pick up a new/used bike..the bike is from TN and the seller said theres no title..he said that in TN for 2005 they did not offer a title with the bike only a dealers BOS..so I Googled a lot and seen other people talking about this as well...that after having the dealers BOS you can go to the DMV of that state and get a State title for the quad...dose any one know if they only offered a BOS from the dealers in TN? or just any info that might help?

Walsh YFZ450
Gibson YFZ450
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »

TN does not require titles, but Florida does. The dealer should have also given the purchaser an MSO. It is basically the paper that the state issues the title against. You will need the BOS and MSO to get a title in Florida. You will also have to pay taxes and the 1 time registration in Florida.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 10:59:12 AM »

I bought a brand new 05 Rincon in TN, they give you a Manufacturers Certificate Of Origin.

Scrub is right, you have to pay fl sales tax and reg fee to reg it in fl.

I can't remember if the C of O was in my name or just specific to the bike only.

Make sure that they give you the C of O as well as a bill of sale.

I would check what documentation the seller has, making sure they are specific with the info, and then ask your tax collectors office, if that is sufficient to transfer it.

WalshYFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »

thanxs for the info...

Walsh YFZ450
Gibson YFZ450
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 09:17:48 PM »

The Certificate of Origin will have the original purchaser's name on it. You'll need that AND a bill of sale from the owner listed on the Certificate of Origin. Don't buy it without getting those 2 documents or you can only ride on private property.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com