Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pc sofware question  (Read 3488 times)
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2010, 04:03:05 PM »

i have a software program for my quad that was designed to run with windows 98 or XP, it is not compatable with windows vista,  do you think it would be compatable with windows 7?

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
OPowersports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 05:29:40 PM »

i have a software program for my quad that was designed to run with windows 98 or XP, it is not compatable with windows vista,  do you think it would be compatable with windows 7?
If you are able to run it in compatability mode (which should be available with vista), maybe?

750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 05:38:58 PM »

If you are able to run it in compatability mode (which should be available with vista), maybe?

I tried that...no go

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
OPowersports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 05:41:06 PM »

I tried that...no go
That sucks. You need it to be a lap top as well don't you?

750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 06:00:43 PM »

yep.... i bought a reconditioned laptop 1 1/2 yrs ago with xp now i am getting the blue screen of death Cry

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 07:14:48 PM »

yep.... i bought a reconditioned laptop 1 1/2 yrs ago with xp now i am getting the blue screen of death Cry

You should have brought it up...I would probably be able to get it running again for you.
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »

You should have brought it up...I would probably be able to get it running again for you.

i didnt know,  Cry Cry

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
OPowersports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 09:09:50 PM »

Reformat the hard drive. You will need the drivers and xp disc to do it. You may be able to run the repair function and not reformat.

DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 12:11:52 PM »

Reformat the hard drive. You will need the drivers and xp disc to do it. You may be able to run the repair function and not reformat.
i think the laptop needs a new hard drive, i have had it formatted and i still get the blue screen of death

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 01:14:59 PM »

What is the error message on the Blue Screen of Death?

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
OPowersports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »

i think the laptop needs a new hard drive, i have had it formatted and i still get the blue screen of death
Could be as easy as a ram chipgone bad.

DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 07:10:33 PM »

after it gets reformatted it works for a while then the blue screen pops up, i wont be able to check it till friday as i am in new mexico right now,

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 07:42:31 PM »

Could be as easy as a ram chipgone bad.
I'm thinkinh the same thing.

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
duroc825
Supreme Member