Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I feel sorry for Ford sales people right now  (Read 10424 times)
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

PLEASE Don't tell obama what comes after TRILLION

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2010, 06:55:14 PM »

I just saw the specs on the new Mustangs. Ford had to step it up to compete with Chevy and the new Camaro in the HP department.
The new V-6 has 305 HP and the new 5.0 is pushing out 412 HP. Can you imagine them trying to sell the left over 2010 models ? The new V-6 has more HP than the old GT  Shocked
I'm guessing they don't have too many 2010's left anyway, just saying.........

I am glad to see they stepped it up to stay competitive though. more proof that competition is a good thing. 300 hp and 30+ mpg is pretty good when just a few years ago the GT had just 260 HP.

But , with all that said, the Camaro is still the way to go  Cool
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 06:57:35 PM by buythisatvstuff » Logged

"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 08:40:26 PM »

I remember my 1985 GT had a whopping 215 hp!   Cheesy  It was still pretty damn quick and the last of the 4 barrels.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »

I had an 04 Anniversary Edition GT with 260 and it was pretty quick. But imagine the new 412 !  I recall when the Corvette had about 350 HP. HP has definitely been made more attainable for the masses.

DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:33:22 PM »

I had an 04 Anniversary Edition GT with 260 and it was pretty quick. But imagine the new 412 !  I recall when the Corvette had about 350 HP. HP has definitely been made more attainable for the masses.

its called technology....remember when the first cell phones came out..... now look at them, they can fit in your ear and do as much as a super computer from the 80's Shocked

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 11:04:15 PM »

its called technology....remember when the first cell phones came out..... now look at them, they can fit in your ear and do as much as a super computer from the 80's Shocked
$hit, ford has access to motors that can get over 400 mpg 20 years ago. Technology my a$$$$$$$$$.  Wink

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 12:04:18 AM »

i went to the ford dealership the other day to check out some of their new junk, i was pretty bored being that im a Chevy guy lol. didnt look at the mustang much, i was more interested in the raptor and the new diesel. i was pretty impressed with how extensive the new f150 raptor was as far as the body pannels, interior, shorter wheelbase with a shorter bed, ect. but at the same time it was what i was expecting to some extent, they were originally going with king shocks, ended up with fox, originally it was supposed to have a real long travel suspension, ended up with 1" blocks in the back and a factory knuckle lift up front with some really nice looking lower control for the illusion that something is actually different or better about the front suspension, it does look cool though. and finally a new motor, the 6.2 did make it into the raptor.i think ford definitly stepped it up big time but they still are never going to have any luck with their diesels, all i had to do it pop the hood on the new diesel and iv seen enough to know id never own one, it looks like a 5 hour job to change the serpentine belt, i feel bad for fords mechanics, not the salesman.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 12:09:43 AM by Chevy1500z71 » Logged
lugnuts
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 09:59:34 AM »

I like the new ford line up and I am glad to see the return of the 5.0L
there diesel's run great and are not hard at all to work on as I own a 7.3  and a 6.0 and love both
the rig I drive to the races pulling a loaded 48ft 5th wheel is a 2008 F450 with a 6.4 and its been nothing but good got over 50K on it never a minutes problem and pulls like no tomorrow!
and I have a 91 mustang lx 5.0 and last time on the dyno pulled 468 rwhp  Grin it's built with a few goodies

2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 10:40:15 AM »

I like the new ford line up and I am glad to see the return of the 5.0L
there diesel's run great and are not hard at all to work on as I own a 7.3  and a 6.0 and love both
the rig I drive to the races pulling a loaded 48ft 5th wheel is a 2008 F450 with a 6.4 and its been nothing but good got over 50K on it never a minutes problem and pulls like no tomorrow!
and I have a 91 mustang lx 5.0 and last time on the dyno pulled 468 rwhp  Grin it's built with a few goodies

I'm sure in 2 years ford will come out with yet another diesel to try to compete with the Duramax.  Rolling on the Floor Laughing

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 11:59:42 AM »

That's impressive ! I knew a guy that had a 1993 GT naturally aspirated 5.0 making just over 480 at the real wheels that would pick the front  end up off the pavement. And he said next he was going go with forced air via supercharger or turbo  Shocked         I was glad to see the 5.0 return since it has iconic status, but it's still not for me. I always said the only Ford I'd own was the Mustang GT and it didn't impress me from an overall standpoint when compared to other vehicles. They're nice, just not for me.

DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 01:20:59 PM »

$hit, ford has access to motors that can get over 400 mpg 20 years ago. Technology my a$$$$$$$$$.  Wink

well as far as that goes.... the government has all the tech in the world.... they did have megatron frozen ya know  Shocked

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 07:54:58 PM »

well as far as that goes.... the government has all the tech in the world.... they did have megatron frozen ya know  Shocked

LMAO  Cheesy

Well I don't know how much is already developed and just not available, but I know that when  we needed an A bomb and the whole country went to work on it. What we need now is cheap, renewable, alternative fuels - There needs to be a national effort to get it done. I love my truck but 14-15 MPG still stucks !

Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 08:22:28 PM »

I remember my 1985 GT had a whopping 215 hp!   Cheesy  It was still pretty damn quick and the last of the 4 barrels.

That is what I raced at Moroso. I was better with carbs than EFI.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »

LMAO  Cheesy

Well I don't know how much is already developed and just not available, but I know that when  we needed an A bomb and the whole country went to work on it. What we need now is cheap, renewable, alternative fuels - There needs to be a national effort to get it done. I love my truck but 14-15 MPG still stucks !

you get that much

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 10:00:09 PM »

you get that much

I know you and I have talked MPG before regarding your Durango. I got a new truck and it's better than the Tahoe. I just filled up and after a full tank of mixed driving I averaged out at 16.9  Shocked    It really depends on what driving I do. Went to West Palm and got almost 18 including some driving around town there. Haven't towed with it yet to see what it gets there, but will let you know.  Wink

MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 02:12:42 AM »

LMAO  Cheesy

Lol i've got an '86 f-150 with the 5.0 in it and I get a whopping 8mpg. 15 would be a dream come true for me.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 07:38:51 AM »

mine is an 01 durango with a 4.7 and i top out at about 11.8-12.6 mpg,

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »

2.3L I4 Ford Ranger. 23/city 30+/hwy. Can't beat it.  Wink

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 09:44:30 PM »

If I were on the market for a new muscle car, that GT would be in my garage in a heartbeat. If I had twice the money to spend however, it'd be a cts-v Cheesy

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 08:20:16 PM »

If I were on the market for a new muscle car, that GT would be in my garage in a heartbeat. If I had twice the money to spend however, it'd be a cts-v Cheesy

If I didn't have an ATV and a couple of kayaks to lug around, I would've traded in my truck for a CTS-V as well. But, having a truck is nice though.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 05:41:55 PM »

I just saw the specs on the new Mustangs. Ford had to step it up to compete with Chevy and the new Camaro in the HP department.
The new V-6 has 305 HP and the new 5.0 is pushing out 412 HP. Can you imagine them trying to sell the left over 2010 models ? The new V-6 has more HP than the old GT  Shocked

I am glad to see they stepped it up to stay competitive though. more proof that competition is a good thing. 300 hp and 30+ mpg is pretty good when just a few years ago the GT had just 260 HP.

I wouldn't want to be one of those salesman. We got out shop car last week and made 385RWHP bone stock and 400RWHP with an off the shelf tune. Typically you get a 15% drivetrain loss through a manual trans, that puts the flywheel numbers about 450 and 470 with the tune so it's pretty safe to say that 412 HP is underrated. With the tune we went 12.54 @ 112.63 this past Friday on the stock 19" tires.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »

I wouldn't want to be one of those salesman. We got out shop car last week and made 385RWHP bone stock and 400RWHP with an off the shelf tune. Typically you get a 15% drivetrain loss through a manual trans, that puts the flywheel numbers about 450 and 470 with the tune so it's pretty safe to say that 412 HP is underrated. With the tune we went 12.54 @ 112.63 this past Friday on the stock 19" tires.

Bill
What kind of car?

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
buythisatvstuff
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 12:49:44 AM »

What kind of car?

judging by the numbers he was mentioning it looks like the 2011 Mustang. It's reported to have 412 HP from the stock motor for the GT models.

Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 05:07:51 PM »

What kind of car?

judging by the numbers he was mentioning it looks like the 2011 Mustang. It's reported to have 412 HP from the stock motor for the GT models.

Yep. 2011 Mustang GT, 6 speed Manual.

trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 07:17:14 PM »

Are you sure that's just a tune?

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »

Are you sure that's just a tune?

Yes 100%. I took that video and was standing next to the dyno when it was loaded. Car has 200 miles on it. Without the tune it went 12.84 @ 111. There was another 2011 a week or so that went 12.79 @ 110 and if you look around the Mustang forums there are people that have gone anywhere from 12.7-13.1 at 109-115 in stock trim.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com