Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 450r and water  (Read 2638 times)
pbc400ex

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2010, 07:44:44 PM »

i currently have a 400ex and love it cause its a sport bike that goes just about everywhere a utility will but i want more power. i wanna get a 450r but i ride riverranch and alot of other wet places is a 450r going to be able to go where a 400ex will.400s are just so reliable the thing takes a beating and just keeps going. is water going to destroy a 450r or will it be alright as long as i maintain it.any info would be   appreciated .
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 09:12:43 PM »

Water isn't good for any quad, especially a sporty. Probably nobody would disagree that nothing beats the Ex for durability.
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 11:35:32 PM »

Water isn't good for any quad, especially a sporty. Probably nobody would disagree that nothing beats the Ex for durability.

hows that tranny holding up  Thumbs Up

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 01:56:50 AM »

If you mainly do muddy riding and stuff that normally a sport quad wouldn't do, you should just buy a big bore ute. They'll move just as quick as a sport quad! Really the only limit you have on a ute is motorcross. Love the 400ex and 450r, have both and have put both through nasty, nasty stuff with no problems, but I would say, buy a ute, and save the money you'll spend replacing chains and who knows what else.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
OPowersports

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 10:56:22 AM »

Get a CAN-AM Renegade 800. They are faster than most sport quads, they are 4wd, they look like a sport quad but they will go through just about anything.

750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.
pbc400ex

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 12:36:06 PM »

i would love a renegade but a little too pricey for me i can get a used 450r for $3000 used renegades are more than double that.i dont really go mudding just alot of trails down here in florida are under water alot of the time.theres not to many utes that can do what a 450r can do for around $3000.
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »

Pretty good smart azz!  Grin For an 2005 and 4 years of Harescrambles it's lasted a lot longer than most out there. No tranny holds up well when jammed into reverse while in 2nd gear going through the pine whoops at Gatorback! Course you wouldn't know about that cause you were never made it to one single race this past year ya wus!  Shocked  Wink
DALEQUAD
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 10:29:50 PM »

Pretty good smart azz!  Grin For an 2005 and 4 years of Harescrambles it's lasted a lot longer than most out there. No tranny holds up well when jammed into reverse while in 2nd gear going through the pine whoops at Gatorback! Course you wouldn't know about that cause you were never made it to one single race this past year ya wus!  Shocked  Wink

hopefully that will change this season

FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com