Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eurika Dam Group Ride I  (Read 90088 times)
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

beware of the green trucks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2005, 05:55:56 PM »

yup me too..it has been awhile....i will be happy to ride witht the scrb brothers........i wonder what to take....4x4 or sport quads.....what ppl are taking up there......sport quads or 4x4.....

it might be about 50-50

jeff

keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got
dmljohnson
Supreme Member

Advice is least heeded when most needed

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2005, 06:03:40 PM »

ok good....so either way..i am riding one of them.............see you guys there...

What dont kills you make you stronger
Bad is never good until worse happens
Behind an able man there are always other able men
Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him
By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn
dmljohnson
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2005, 06:25:10 PM »

I'm trying to figure out what my sleeping arrangements are going to be.  Is everyone going to try to stay in the same place or near each other so we can get together and hang out Friday/Saturday night?

If anyone is looking for a place to camp their welcome to camp in our backyard. We are right in the forest off highway 42 in Paisley, there is water and electricty back by the camping area and one of the bathrooms has outside access.  We also have trail access to some smooth trails on the edge of the property. so if you would like to stay here, please PM me for directions. A coulple of my friends from south Florida our coming up for this ride so we will see you there.

DIBS near the pool...Marc....hahahah..thats our spot meng...........lol..heh marc how about a pool party..lol....oops......anyway we are leaving Friday morning..do i have to buy mu avgas in miami or i can get it up there IT200 find out or me..otherwise i need to rejet to take 93 octain.....or walk with my 3 5gal container........i ma taking the banshee...4x4 wil stay home....
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 06:31:24 PM by dmljohnson » Logged

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2005, 06:47:38 PM »

The campground we are staying at is the same as QT and GSXR they both called and confirmed it was ok to bring atvs in on a trailer.  Its the Ocklawaha Outpost Resort. www.outpostresort.com I dont see any confusion chillin, but some people may be confused .

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
jbbj220

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2005, 07:43:18 PM »

Is anyone from the Jacksonville going down Sat morning? I will be stopping for breakfast somewhere on the way down. Have been stopping at the Huddle House but want to find someplace diff. Does anybody know if rich's is open for breakfast? Or might wait till I get to Palatka and find a place there. If you like make a seggestion  and stop and have breakfast with me.

Jim,

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: August 03, 2005, 08:36:21 PM »

You would see the confusion if you drove to the end of 160th and saw the campground I'm talking about. Its called the Oklawaha camp ground not outpost. I know where you are staying, I drive past it on the way to my place, they are on the river and have rv sites, cabins, canoe rentals but no pool. The other place has a pool and they are Aholes.
 Jeff I know you know what I'm talking about. Whatever, I know where I'm staying Grin

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
qt314nfla

« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2005, 08:45:12 PM »

Oklawaha camp ground we are in site T5.  They didn't say there were any restrictions on the number of tents.  When I called they said it was $16.50/night for the first 4 on the camp site.  Each person there after is $3/night.  We're at the place w/o a pool.  The owners know that there's a group of atvers coming.

The camp is off of NE 160th Street.  You'll take 316 to get there.  If I'm wrong someone please let me know.  We'll be leaving 1-2 Friday, I'm planning on staying till Sunday.  Scrub bros, I'm interrested in the canoe trip Sunday. 

Party's at Camp Oklawaha.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 08:47:16 PM by QT314Nfla » Logged
qt314nfla

« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2005, 08:55:59 PM »

Eureka Dam roll call: Update 8/3

jjamesbar (the man himself)
jbbj220
jwscroll and wife? i think
auto tek
susieblazer (4)
gearhead400
girlieblazer and her other half the rider formerly known as flblaster04
bigworm3699 (3)
honda328i
ppark350se
gsxr1000 and wife
stinky fingers
chillinthamost
bigscrub brothers
wilburz brothers
muddbuggy (7), shulco, qt314nfla, seebeejim (most of my sarasota quad crew)
dmljohnson
backinsaddle and wife
it200 (3)
gspkurt and wife
steve k ( 8 )
quadzilla
nprvinson
honda328i
muddmxr
motomike (?)

Next Q?  Where's everyone staying and is anyone going up Friday night?

GSXR1000 (camp 9) at Ocklawaha Resort
           1-866-236-4606 (2 miles from start)
           Qt314nfla, Seebeejim, Shulco at (camp T 5) (fri-sun)
           Scrub Brothers (camp T 4)
           Wilburz at same camp
IT200 has offered camping on his property
Wilburzbro at Halfmoon Lake
Muddbuggy at motel near Ida's(forgot which one)
NPRvinson at Elite #143

If I don't have you on the list or haven't got your camping arrangements and you want them announced let me know.  Otherwise I'll see y'all on Friday.  Doin' the happy dance can't wait.  Loaded my truck tonight after work.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 11:03:52 PM by QT314Nfla » Logged
A.T.steVe_k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2005, 09:14:31 PM »

finally got my crew together there will be 8 of us for the ride see you all there
                      steve..................... Grin Grin Grin
dmljohnson
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2005, 09:35:58 PM »

cant wait..this will be the bomb.......

ppark350se
Supreme Member

hustle muscle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2005, 09:52:50 PM »

its just me my friend has to work in orlando sat. so take one off the list
and ill be coming up sat. morin and leaving that night

qt314nfla

« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2005, 09:54:37 PM »

well sorry you can't stay.  maybe one of these times your parents will get a chance to meet some of the ppl and let you go w/ them.  lmk's parents did that after they met a couple of ppl.
dreadhed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2005, 10:05:13 PM »

Me and my lady would like to try and make it.  I have not rode the dam area would a couple of 3 wheelers make through.  I should know buy Thur if we will make.  If nothing else we would like send a couple of toys.  We would also like to camp with some  people to get to know more people.  Do you guys thinkd they could make it the 50 miles.  I thin they should one I will be riding a 200 and a 125 or a nother 200.
Thanks
Gabe
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2005, 10:07:47 PM »

QT, caospop and bigdaddy wont be on this ride so you can take em off the list, im sure bigD will be at RR and manny has to work.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
stinky_fingers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2005, 10:12:58 PM »

My buddy from work and I will be there on saturday morning...   Where can I drop some fuel on thursday night or early saturday morning, would do it friday but plan on going to see the new dukes of hazzard!  We are both riding 2 strokes (LT500 and a 250R) and I would hate to run out...

Also, is the party open to all on saturday after the ride?  I wouldn't mind hanging out and meeting some fellow riders over a couple of adult pops...

qt314nfla

« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2005, 10:24:48 PM »

the gas drop is generally at the meeting place.  everyone gathers and then someone takes the gas to the drop spot.  be sure to get there at 8 for the gas drop.  they will wait for ppl to show up but it's been known to take 30min car ride to drop it off.

party/gathering is welcome to all.  come have fun w/ us and get to know more ppl.
stinky_fingers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2005, 10:29:18 PM »

That works... Thanks for the clarification...

muddmxr

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2005, 10:39:24 PM »

wondering if sportsman 500,700 holds enough gas or should tou bring gas any way to be safe

700 Sportsman
500 Sportsman
qt314nfla

« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2005, 10:40:43 PM »

you should be fine.  the last ride we did was 78 miles and we did fine.  we filled up and it's always better to be safe than sorry.  just bring the can and it will be dropped off.
muddmxr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2005, 10:45:43 PM »

wondering if sportsman 500,700 holds enough gas orsh    ould tou bring gas any way to be safe 

700 Sportsman
500 Sportsman
muddmxr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2005, 10:50:51 PM »

thanks for info will bring gas. are trucks safe at the parking area

700 Sportsman
500 Sportsman
qt314nfla

« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2005, 11:03:04 PM »

um no, we were all just going to drop our trucks and trailers off.  then when we get back we ride our quads out and all buy new trucks and trailers.  we've found it's a great way to avoid having to take anything unnecessary home.  and at the end of the weekend we all get new rigs....... Grin 

sorry i had to go there.  real answer yes.  things should be safe.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 11:11:05 PM by QT314Nfla » Logged
muddmxr2

shut up and ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: August 03, 2005, 11:33:00 PM »

dipstick Grin

(2)  05 SPORTSMAN 700'S EFI'S, LOT OF STUFF, 6" gorilla lift YADDA YADDA
AUTHORIZED GORILLA AXLE DEALER
If you are reading this, THANK a teacher. If you are reading this in ENGLISH, THANK a soldier!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/scottginfla
IT200

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2005, 12:04:37 AM »

I'm trying to figure out what my sleeping arrangements are going to be.  Is everyone going to try to stay in the same place or near each other so we can get together and hang out Friday/Saturday night?

If anyone is looking for a place to camp their welcome to camp in our backyard. We are right in the forest off highway 42 in Paisley, there is water and electricty back by the camping area and one of the bathrooms has outside access.  We also have trail access to some smooth trails on the edge of the property. so if you would like to stay here, please PM me for directions. A coulple of my friends from south Florida our coming up for this ride so we will see you there.

DIBS near the pool...Marc....hahahah..thats our spot meng...........lol..heh marc how about a pool party..lol....oops......anyway we are leaving Friday morning..do i have to buy mu avgas in miami or i can get it up there IT200 find out or me..otherwise i need to rejet to take 93 octain.....or walk with my 3 5gal container........i ma taking the banshee...4x4 wil stay home....

You better buy that high octane stuff down there or just bring the jets and we will put them in, I haven't seen a place up here yet that carries high octane. And hell yea anyone that wants to come over and hang out around the pool is more than welcome.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 12:13:29 AM by IT200 » Logged

Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2005, 04:59:31 AM »

Qt, That was funny. Well, got a dogsitter so my options for camping have opened up.
Because of where I'm coming from I was thinking of staying at Salt Springs. If thats full we would like to join the group at Oclawawawawawa(you know what I mean), but I don't want to bust up an adults only camps with my kids. Also is there a swimhole near Oclawawawa?
We'll be coming up Fri. morning and would like to hook up for a ride on Fri.. Qt you seem to be the central navigator for the Fri ride so I'll give you a holler on DC this evening after work to find out where to meet.
Looking forward to meeting everyone,                   Jon

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com