Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eurika Dam Group Ride I  (Read 90103 times)
susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2005, 10:24:55 PM »

We are stuck here on the 24th too, Bill is on call that weekend ....LOL

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

beware of the green trucks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: August 10, 2005, 10:31:01 PM »

i'll go with the majority. if i ride on october 1st i still may ride in september just cause i hate to wait.

jeff

keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2005, 10:42:27 PM »

I'm in.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: August 11, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »

I'll ride whenever, Sept. and Oct., will arrange for more toy run shirts just need to know how many.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
girlieblazer

We're back! It has been a long 8 years!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: August 11, 2005, 07:37:28 AM »

We are in for September 24th, We like Eurika Dam less whoops.  But either way it doesn't matter to us.  We just want to ride. Cheesy

Polaris Razor
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: August 11, 2005, 08:14:06 AM »

What ever date Jeff rides I am in. Without him I think most of us would be lost.

Maybe we can get a couple of cabins at Elite and make a party out of it. Too damn hot to be tent camping.   

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
backinsaddle

« Reply #281 on: August 11, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »

My wife and I are discussing...we're trying to make it.  either way, we'll take some t-shirts for the toy run
jbbj220

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: August 11, 2005, 12:11:22 PM »

Either date would be good for me. How about we start at Eurika and make some of the same trails we did this last time only do it in the opposite direction. Down the 11 miles to Matt's and then out across the hwy into the woods.

Jim,

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: August 11, 2005, 12:51:32 PM »

i'll go with the majority. if i ride on october 1st i still may ride in september just cause i hate to wait.

jeff

I'm in for 10/1. Donna won't go because she was over her head on the ride. She does not ride that fast.

I have a couple of suggestions-
I have been on several boat trips with groups of 50 boats. We need better communications. Have a leader and a "back door", and possibly a middle person with radios to communicate better. We did well with first aid people and supplies. When at a choke point, whether an obstruction or mud hole, the leader stays to help until the middle person arrives, and then the leader resumes his position at the front. Ride at the pace of the slowest rider or split up by speed. We did well in that no one was left behind. The Rhino was a fantastic tool for this ride. Grin

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: August 11, 2005, 12:53:39 PM »

I'll ride whenever, Sept. and Oct., will arrange for more toy run shirts just need to know how many.

I need to get a shirt from you. 3XL, what colors are available?
Kurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: August 11, 2005, 01:04:48 PM »

jeff

I'm in for 10/1. Donna won't go because she was over her head on the ride. She does not ride that fast.

I have a couple of suggestions-
I have been on several boat trips with groups of 50 boats. We need better communications. Have a leader and a "back door", and possibly a middle person with radios to communicate better. We did well with first aid people and supplies. When at a choke point, whether an obstruction or mud hole, the leader stays to help until the middle person arrives, and then the leader resumes his position at the front. Ride at the pace of the slowest rider or split up by speed. We did well in that no one was left behind. The Rhino was a fantastic tool for this ride. Grin

Right, we need some kind of support vehicle to carry the cold beverages etc.

12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: August 11, 2005, 01:23:32 PM »

wilburz, i saw your signature, you forgot to list the Ozark Body kit, it looks almost like a real one!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
girlieblazer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: August 11, 2005, 01:37:44 PM »

Okay this Saturday we are picking up my new ride, I am buying the 2005 Polaris ATP 330.  After the last ride I decided I need to buy a 4x4.  I made it through all the mud with mine, but this way I would be sure I didn't get stuck. So lets find some mud and try this thing out.   

We should maybe start a new topic Eurika Dam Group Ride II and start discussing this in there. 

Polaris Razor
Seabeejim

SPAZUKI

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: August 11, 2005, 03:44:26 PM »

I am game for whatever.  I like the idea to split into two groups.  Utilities can take more of the mud route and do less miles since we will be slower.  Maybe try and see if Jeff can also hit some technical trails or sort.  It was great riding with you all and I will look forward to whatever the group plans.  I will be looking at a group thing labor day weekend at holopaw so pm me if interested.  Your tow vehicle will need to be 4x4 to get to camp.  This is not a sure thing as of yet but will keep you posted through PM's

XR 50 with stickers and mods
dmljohnson
Supreme Member

Advice is least heeded when most needed

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: August 11, 2005, 04:24:13 PM »

are we invited to this....lol

What dont kills you make you stronger
Bad is never good until worse happens
Behind an able man there are always other able men
Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him
By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn
susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: August 11, 2005, 05:41:57 PM »

Okay this Saturday we are picking up my new ride, I am buying the 2005 Polaris ATP 330.  After the last ride I decided I need to buy a 4x4.  I made it through all the mud with mine, but this way I would be sure I didn't get stuck. So lets find some mud and try this thing out.   

We should maybe start a new topic Eurika Dam Group Ride II and start discussing this in there. 

If you are getting rid if the old ride does it mean a name change???

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
girlieblazer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: August 11, 2005, 06:34:38 PM »

If you are getting rid if the old ride does it mean a name change???

Oh I don't know, I was just talking about that with my husband we couldn't come up with anything

Polaris Razor
GSXR1000

YFZ 450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: August 11, 2005, 08:32:25 PM »

It was nice to meet the the people that stayed at the campground 2 miles from the dam and also nice to see the brothers again. we had a great time except for my swimming in the mud puddle, could have done with out that but I survived.  Frankie and I are glad to have been help for Kurt and his wife looking foward to the next ride.Take Care   Tami  ( soon to be- Mrs. GSXR 1000 )

Tami, when is the date for you and Frankie??

I'm still waiting for Frankie to decide hoping for spring 2006>>We shall see!!!
GSXR1000

YFZ 450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: August 11, 2005, 08:47:13 PM »

the last saturday in september is the 24th. id like to do the september ride in september, but thats just me. we could start at rodman or eurika both have their good and bad points. less whoops at eurika but not as large an area for people to drag race like rodman. more parking at rodman but no hill climbing like eurika even though they're not very big. lets here some input for a few days and then decide. we have some time. i guess my pick is september 24th. i'm leaning toward eurika but doesent really matter to me. if alot of people are down then we should definetly do rodman. 

jeff

We are in for 10/1  maybe we could  leave from rodman and ride to eurika so we could have the best of both worlds.. as jeff said parking is better and they have bathrooms down the street at the dam..
As you all head I lost my rino 110 in the mudhole and thought that Frankie would be mad be instead yesterday he brought me home a new RINO the 2 seater 660 WOW what a trade I should  fall in the mud and loose stuff more often..  LOL !!!
  Hope to see all of you 10/1
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: August 11, 2005, 09:55:21 PM »

the last saturday in september is the 24th. id like to do the september ride in september, but thats just me. we could start at rodman or eurika both have their good and bad points. less whoops at eurika but not as large an area for people to drag race like rodman. more parking at rodman but no hill climbing like eurika even though they're not very big. lets here some input for a few days and then decide. we have some time. i guess my pick is september 24th. i'm leaning toward eurika but doesent really matter to me. if alot of people are down then we should definetly do rodman. 

jeff

Frankie I lost mine too! Just drop off the new rhino at the warehouse, thanks!

We are in for 10/1  maybe we could  leave from rodman and ride to eurika so we could have the best of both worlds.. as jeff said parking is better and they have bathrooms down the street at the dam..
As you all head I lost my rino 110 in the mudhole and thought that Frankie would be mad be instead yesterday he brought me home a new RINO the 2 seater 660 WOW what a trade I should  fall in the mud and loose stuff more often..  LOL !!!
  Hope to see all of you 10/1

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
spacerider

2005 Polaris Phoenix

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: August 12, 2005, 07:10:46 AM »

10/1 sounds good wherever the spot is just keep us posted - how many miles is this one going to be and is it a toy run as well ,  seabee jim thanks for helping another seabee with advil - hope to see ya all there

Ride till you reach the stars.......................
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: August 12, 2005, 07:43:42 AM »

wilburz, i saw your signature, you forgot to list the Ozark Body kit, it looks almost like a real one!

Call me stupid, but I don't know what this means? Help?

12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: August 12, 2005, 09:13:18 AM »

lol, in your signature it says the Riding Lawnmower with all the mods. It looked like a Suzuki Ozark to me so I figured you had a body kit on it.

Grizzlygirl

« Reply #298 on: August 12, 2005, 09:26:11 AM »

Started a list on Eurika Dam Group Ride II post there if you are coming
  Mama Grizz
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com