Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: People who work at croom are so rude  (Read 7945 times)
beachbumsurfer8

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 15, 2010, 10:44:19 AM »

Went to croom this past weekend and wow the DOF workers were so rude to us! They think there law enforcement when there not, someone needs to do something about this!!
patches206
Supreme Member

32Ex-Lax and Newmember love the glory hole!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:38:07 AM »

Been riding there since 1997 never had an issue.   Just this weekend I saw the DOF worker pulling a guys truck out of the sand that got stuck. the tow vehicle was a DOF 4X4.  Ask just about any State work to do that and they would tell you to call a tow truck.    What happened with you, elaborate?  You should have got a name and talked to their supervisor!

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!
beachbumsurfer8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:23:40 PM »

well if you have never had an issue then you must not camp there? I had some friends coming for the weekend to camp and they couldn't get there till around 8:30pm. The DOF guy told me that he didn't want to let them in and he didn't want to give me the gate code and then he told me they had cameras everywhere and they would cacth me.
shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:35:57 PM »

I do know that they have buckled down with rules for camping. Although it sucks for your situation, I believe they were done in an effort to keep the bike theives out. Around 6 months or a year ago a group of douche nozzles were busted as they showed up in the night with a u-haul and were stealing bikes from unsuspecting campers.

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
patches206
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 02:59:53 PM »

Last time I camped at Croom there did not close or lock any gates, that was a year ago.  There was some heavy theft going on in and around that place so they may have changed the rules, locking the gate.  They still would need to get you access because what if you had to leave.  I would talk with the DOF who supervise that area and get some answers.

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 03:23:55 PM »

I do know that they have buckled down with rules for camping. Although it sucks for your situation, I believe they were done in an effort to keep the bike theives out. Around 6 months or a year ago a group of douche nozzles were busted as they showed up in the night with a u-haul and were stealing bikes from unsuspecting campers.

I was there that night and they got 3 boyz from tampa with a uhaul caught all 3 and last i heard they had a bunch of bikes and parts  at one of there houses ... theres was talk about locking the gate but i have not been in a while so i guess the gate is locked someone should be able to let you in and out we aways go out for dinner that may be a problem no going out for dinner ?
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 05:26:49 PM »

I can say that if your not recognized and havent gotten around to meeting the DOF workers at Croom you should. Its always a good Idea to make friends with the guy who is living there and can open the gate or pull you out of the sand,etc. I can remember along time ago, one of the first times we went and camped out, the rangers were a little skeptical about us we had a big group (30 or more). They came to our campsite and saw we had a clean area (nothing on the floor like trash),NO alcohol,or drugs,all bikes registered,everyone with helmets and safety equipment.In short, we came there and found out at the gate all the info,then made friends and talked to them along with following all the rules and regs.They have always been great to us. I cant say I agree with the trail maintenance of the facility but it has gotten better.  I hope you give these guys another chance and get to know them and you will see there not so bad. please keep in mind all the types of riders they deal with that are not the ideal characters like you and I.      
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:29:23 PM by zman03 » Logged

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
beachbumsurfer8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 05:59:56 PM »

i also dont get where all the money goes? I know salarys for the workers are the first thing, but seriously all that money from every bike and quad,it needs to go back into the park and i know it doesnt.
patches206
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 07:40:31 PM »

Choo Choo Charley Crist needs all the money for his high speed rail! Laugh

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
 Quad32Ex-laxblows!
 Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Andy9933

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 08:13:22 PM »

i also dont get where all the money goes? I know salarys for the workers are the first thing, but seriously all that money from every bike and quad,it needs to go back into the park and i know it doesnt.

Thats the state for you. We talked to the forestry supervisor of croom and he said that he has minimal pull around croom, most of it is controled by the big guys in tallahassee.

WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM
beachbumsurfer8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 08:41:51 PM »

yeah they told us that they got some grant money to put lime rock down on the road which would be nice, but they need to redo the bathrooms in the campground!
zephyr

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 09:48:26 AM »

Every DOF employee i have talked to have benn the nicest and most helpful. If you dont want to follow the rules go ride somewhere else.

2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 08:52:28 PM »

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.