Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Benefit Race for my Mom and Dad  (Read 11860 times)
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2005, 01:49:24 AM »

Hello All,
  Im not sure how many of you know this, but my father passed away about 2 weeks ago. This is the first family member I have lost, and it has been rough. If it werent for my Dad, there would be no ATP Racing today.
  There will be a benefit race July 9, 2005 at the Samsula Mud Racing track across from New Symrna Speedway on the corner of 44 and 415.
This will be a mud race, so bring out the 4x4's, and if we can get enough quads together i'm sure we could put a fun class together for them.
 All of the proceeds from the gate addmissions, consessions, and entry fees will be donated to my mom. My father was in the hospital for about a year before his passing, and it pretty much soaked up all of their retirment. So if there are any of you out there who are into mud racing, or want to check it out for the first time, come on out.

You can contact me at the shop for info or directions.
407-880-3171

Thanks for lending me your eyes,
Mike Walker

Ps: On this note, for those of you who are parents, remember why we do what we do...... we wont be here forever !!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 02:15:35 AM by Nightbreed » Logged

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!
Flea_Jumper
Supreme Member

Finally, a place to meet other riders

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 07:28:13 AM »

Sorry to hear about your dad.  As you know Mike, I spend alot of time with my son also as I never want to take our time together for granted.  It is very valuable to me.
  Once again sorry to hear about your loss, and your family is in our prayers.
dreth

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 08:53:27 AM »

i heard about your dad and im sorry for your lose. you should have a paypal account for those nof us that wont be able to make the ride but would like to donate to the cause! united we stand Wink
qt314nfla

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 11:42:29 AM »

i heard about your dad and im sorry for your lose. you should have a paypal account for those nof us that wont be able to make the ride but would like to donate to the cause! united we stand Wink

I would love to make the ride but I'm not sure if I can.  NS is 4+ hours away.  I agree w/ Dreth a paypal would be great to offer your mom help.
NPRVinson

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 06:43:49 PM »

Sorry to hear about your dad, it's hard I lost my dad several years ago.
ftrvet#76

OLD and DETERMINED

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 07:02:34 PM »

Sorry to hear about your father, if you post me an address I will help out and you can count on that!!

2006 ?, FTR  A-OPEN #76
T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 02:46:12 AM »

Sorry to hear about your dad Melissa, I will check my calander to see if I am off that day. I dont have a Utility bike but I would like to go and watch them ride through the mud. I like just being around 4 wheelers it does it matter sport or untility.  We are all good people. Grin

Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005, 07:23:07 AM »

Yeah I'd be glad to send you a donation through paypal, because I won't be able to make that race. Sorry for the loss, and keep your mom positive.
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 03:24:02 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Mom is doing very well considering. They were married 45 or 50 years, lol I lost count, I cant emagine what she feels like now. She raised 4 of us kids, and took care of dad all those years, and dad wouldnt let her work, lol southern family.
   She just said for me to keep my business running, that Dad was proud before he passed that we had made it through the first year.

This just goes to show how great of a family this site really is. I have seen countless times that members have been in need, and so many people step up to help. I just wish that the government parties out there who are causing us so much trouble, could see what kind of people that they are taking from.

Thank you EVERYONE!!!!!

Mike Walker
PS:
I guess if anyone wants to make donations, you can send them to our atpracing@earthlink.net  paypal account. I will see that she gets every penny of it.

susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 12:09:25 AM »

So sorry to hear of your loss............this is a reason to spend as much time with family as possible and to plan for the unexpected in our retirement years.................

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 07:16:21 AM »

I've seen 415 back behind Dulltona and have been wondering where it went, now I got a reason to go down it.

I'll probably be wiped out from installing AC in the new house, but I'll do my best to make it.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 10:14:21 AM »

KEEPING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN PRAYER. I will make every effort to show up, I have made changes in my schedule as a result of recent activity
I GOT YOUR BACK 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 11:13:36 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
MotoMike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 07:24:40 PM »

Mike...sorry to hear about your dad.  My prayers go out to you and your family.

Mike
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 09:49:48 PM »

mtg_man, two great minds think alike, cause i am still picking my chin up off the floor....walker family, sorry about your loss....my father has had one really bad battle with cancer that he beat, and it was totally devastating to my family...i could not think about going on without him...my prayers are with you guys...

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Mrs.Nightbreed

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 10:23:52 PM »

For those interested in Mudd Bogging there is some more information about the Samsula Memorial Race here: http://www.banditmudracing.com/index.html

They said if we have enough utes that wanna run you guys can have a class....For questions regarding the event there are info lines at the bottom of the home page. I do not know all of the details yet. It is being put on by Jamie Fallen (Bandit Mud Racing) , Doug Hancok and Donny Green.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 10:30:32 PM by MX250R36 » Logged
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 11:02:42 PM »

To my ATVFLORIDA family, I say thank you to everyone, for standing behind me personally, or in my business. Some of the best people I have ever met have been from this site!
I GOT YOUR BACK.
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 08:18:42 AM »

So are you going to question my motives for a toy run next? July 9th at the MUD RUN, WHO WANTS SOME OF DA TWINS? Looking forward to makin someone eat some mud. Wink Wink

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 11:11:15 AM »

Enough of the BS in this post (There are 2 more topics in the OPEN Forum, bring it there... lets get back to the point. Who's going to be there on the 9th??

Me Me Me!! Grin

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 12:08:47 PM »

I'm going to do my best.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 12:31:03 PM »

anyone can enter the races right? what type of gear(besides helmets goggles and gloves) do I need.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 05:42:48 PM »

Mike, so sorry to hear the sad news.  There are no words to express how you must feel right now in this time of loss.  I can only offer peace from up above for you and your family.  Not sure if I can make this date, but I definately will be helping you out.  Let me know if there's anything else we can do for you.  --Steve

Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2005, 05:46:54 PM »

Hello everyone,
  I talked to the track owners today. They are going to let us have two classes. 1 utility type class, and a sport quad class. If the track is too wet or torn up for the faster bikes, then we will just have a utility class.

the track is 200ft long and they have a timing system. So it will be kind of neat for bragging rights.

As for saftey gear, the more the better, but the minimum will be a helmet, and some type of boots that cover your ankles.

The only thing the track askes of us is that after the races, we are not out racing the quads in the pits. There will be a lot of people there and they dont want any accidents.

I also want to sincerly thank those of you who have sent in a donation to the paypal account. I will be taking this to my mom and letting her know about the great people from this site, that wanted to lend a hand.

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE !!!!
I am without words on the support you all have given.

Mike Walker

Triple_R_Cycle_Ski

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2005, 05:52:17 PM »

Enough of the BS in this post (There are 2 more topics in the OPEN Forum, bring it there... lets get back to the point. Who's going to be there on the 9th??

I'll be there if you and Scoot come pic me up and that i'm welcome there?

because I cant drive still  Embarrassed

Mike sorry to here about you lost I know that we have had our problems in the past up's and down's but the other day when I was talking to your wife she told me what happen and I dont if se told you but I said  " that i'm sorry to hear about your lost"

Bobby

Vet -A  FTR H/S
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2005, 06:14:48 PM »

nightbreed - what is the track typically like?  too muddy for banshee's etc.?  i can see what i can do to pull some of the saltsdale boyz over there, but the track is going to have to not be muddy, cause they don't want to get their chrome dirty....

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Seabee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2005, 07:06:05 PM »

Mike, Hope and I are very sorry to hear about your loss. If there is anything you and your family needs, don't hesitate to ask. We will help if we can.

2005-Ford F150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
2004-Volkswagon Jetta GLI
2005-Honda Rancher 4x4
2003-Honda 3??ex, ATP'd
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com