Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L-Cross or RYC  (Read 13773 times)
rktek

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 05, 2010, 11:28:48 AM »

Never been to L-Cross.  I am looking to take a trip either Feb. 26 or March 5th weekend.  Which one do you think is better L-Cross or Redneck Yacht Club and why?
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:45:03 PM »

A lot of it has to do with what kind of riding you like.  RYC is bigger and usualy a little more wet, L cross you can ride at night, RYC you can not.  For single days RYC is more $ to get in than L cross. (weekend I think is same) RYC I would say has more buggies running around.  I am sure there are things I am missing.

http://www.redneckyachtclubfl.com/

http://www.l-cross.com/

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »

i dont know about not being able to ride at night at the yacht club. last time i was there i didn't stop hearing the trucks running till about 3 am.  never been to l-cross, id like to hear a bit more about the place myself.
rktek

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:07:36 PM »

I like mud and trails. At the Yacht Club they don't let you drive in the back areas at night, only the main areas. I ride mud and trails. As far as the price, I am looking to do the weekend trip. Are the trails @ L-cross decent trails or is it a path in the woods?
rktek

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 03:12:06 PM »

This time I was going to bring the UTV.
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 05:07:41 PM »

l cross all the way....  redneck yatch club is nice but its just like new country music its for fake people.  plain and simple 

l cross is more down to earth and has fun for everyone to enjoy deep holes, crazy partys, and wet trails (its lil smaller section but still very fun mix up the ride) and also has nice trail ride over 20 miles high and dry to see the land.(not sure if they do it on adult weekends)

like some else said its all bout type person and or riding u want

ryc u will get yeild at buy there ruubber gun cops (lol they trip me out) if u fart to loud

l cross is safe and fun with riding all night long just use comman sence dont speed in camp areas or dirt roads and keep contral of atv or utv at all time

witht hat said see you at l cross march 5th weekend for best party of 010 so far Grin Wink Smiley Shocked Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
indianjoe
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 05:20:49 PM »

L-Cross is an adult only weekend so the party atmosphere will crank,,,,plus Colt Ford Grin
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 12:08:10 AM »

One isn't better than the other, they are completely different Smiley

RYC is bigger but the security kills me...they shut it down way too early, shut down the parties all the time, etc.  The riding is hands down better at RYC, but you better be up at the crack of dawn and in by dusk or you won't get a good full day in.  They shut it down real quick at night.  Everything is gated off.  They also shut down the parties at night, if you are making too much noise.  It's more for the professional mudders, so to speak.  There is truck/buggy/atv racing and usually a large crowd out there.

L-Cross is a lot smaller than RYC, but they have great holes and a lot of awesome people running the place.  I have had some great times and riding there.  It is very good for 2wd atv's, the long trail ride, and dry conditions around the camps and such.  You can still get in loads of trouble on a 4x4 and it's a good time.  It can get a bit crowded on the busy events, but still really fun.  It is very good for medium size trucks, not too many of the big guys go out there (not as many as RYC at least), which is great bc you don't have to worry about getting run over!  I haven't been out there in a while, so I couldn't say on the current conditions, but when I went last they made a bunch of new holes, it was pretty dry and I still got in lots of trouble sideways and almost dunked the whole bike under...

LCROSS is more of a place for a party than RYC, you won't find much going on at RYC except at the concert.  They usually shut it all down if it gets too big..NOT LCROSS, they keep the party going Smiley  I will say that I like that RYC has seperate holes for atv's.  You don't have to worry about a truck getting in your way.

IMO, try both out and see what you like.  You won't be disappointed either way.  The trail ride at L-Cross is worth everything just in and of itself...check it out.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 07:56:14 AM »

Thanks jpro. But, what I don't get is that we are smaller than any other park.
The park is 1,200 acres in the middle of 13,000. I think what makes it seem smaller to some is the fact we have trees, alot of trees. Not just an open pasture with a mud hole in the middle of it. There are also roads and the park is split up into many sections. MX track, harescramble trails, concert area etc.
There are separate holes that only atvs can ride in. I have seen a couple of Suzuki's & jeeps in the smaller holes but I don't think big tricks can even get in them. We have built a grudge strip for this upcoming event for the BIG TRUCKS that is 400 foot long. I think the biggest difference in us and all the others is we take suggestions seriously and try to make everyone happy with out putting anyone in danger. We like for everyone to come and have a SAFE & FUN time!! Can't wait for this next event!! Yes, it is going to be a HUGE PARTY!!!!!

VISIT OUR SITE: www.l-cross.com
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:32:51 PM by Patricia Pearce » Logged

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
rktek

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »

I took that Friday off and will be out there for the weekend. I'll be riding in a Camo RZR, friends will be on Honda Ranchers.  See you all then.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 10:33:32 AM »

The actual ridable area at RNYC is a LOT bigger.  There is 4 seperate mud holes, a TON of muddy trails/canals, and mud track.  They advertise as the biggest offroad park in FL, and I've been to most of them and I believe it.  It really is huge...tons of camping area and the mudding area is huge.  There is no 20 mile trail ride or MX, I can't say that...but the actual mudding area that you can ride in is massive.

http://www.redneckyachtclubfl.com/photo_gallery.php?g=5_10_1&i=55

Take a look at the arial photos...the place is just massive.  I think like you said Patty, L-Cross is probably the same size, just not ridable area.  RNYC is all ridable mudding.  I can't knock either place, but RNYC doesn't have MX or Harescramble track, I don't ride either so I can't comment on it.  You guys have a little bit for everyone, which is awesome.  Whereas RNYC is strictly mud riding. 

Again, not knocking LCROSS OR RNYC, they are completely differnt.  If I rode 2wd sport quad or dirtbike I'd be at LCROSS every time for the trail ride and MX!!!! RNYC on a 2wd is NOOOOO FUN

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
rktek

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 11:06:14 AM »

Well, don't know if I could or even want to try the MX on the RZR.  I do want to try something new though. RYC is a hit or miss on when it will be busy.  It's not much fun when they have a low turn-out of people/machines. What is the Harescramble track?
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 10:22:42 AM »

Well, don't know if I could or even want to try the MX on the RZR.  I do want to try something new though. RYC is a hit or miss on when it will be busy.  It's not much fun when they have a low turn-out of people/machines. What is the Harescramble track?

RYC has been busy for the events I went to...this upcoming one should be good too

08 Brute 750
rktek

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 10:44:07 AM »

Cabbage fest? If so, I think I would be pushing it to go two both.
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 11:19:37 AM »

Yes. RNYC should be a big turnout with it being Swamp Cabbage Festival weekend. I also think L-Cross will have a big turn out with this being our 1st big Nashville act since last year! You also have to think about the incentives we have for EVERYONE to have a chance to claim their share of OVER $25,000.00 in CA$H & PRIZES!!! ATV MUD race, best in show for Buggies & Trucks, Bikini Bull Riding & T-Shirt contest. There is a $1,500 pay out for each one of these events with 1st taking $1,000 plus an annual pass!!! Alot of people come to the Adult events so they do not have to deal with drunk teenagers being silly!!! I feel that some will do both! I also realize with this economy the way it is some will have to choose, (what a shame).

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 01:34:26 PM »

VISIT OUR SITE FOR ALL THE DETAILS!!!

www.l-cross.com

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 04:20:46 PM »

ifi had to choose for the next events coming i would pick l cross.  o wait thats what i doing   l cross march 5th be there bright and early Smiley Smiley

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 09:42:44 PM »

Never did RNYC, but I know that LCross Patti puts her heart and soul into the events. 
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 10:34:17 PM »

THANKS!! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
rktek

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 10:44:18 PM »

I will be there Friday AM. Thanks...
EIGER-MUDDER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 06:19:49 PM »

look  man u just have to do both   they all have them up and downs ...
if it wasnt for them we have no where to ride... just help  them out by being safe
and haveing   FUN......

THE DEEPER I GO THE MORE SHE LIKE'S IT

suzuki eiger
08 grizzly 700  6' lift with 30''shoes
vinni305

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 11:04:52 AM »

I've had friends that have gone up to RYC and they say that by far L-cross is the way to go the staff is great and the fact that you can ride at night is a plus and party till late  Grin ill be there on the 5th bright and early to get a good spot  Evil
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 03:20:44 AM »

i like both.sometimes its the distance you travel for me that makes us choose one over thee other.ryc is a way longer drive from my house than l-cross.
flcracker13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 07:13:40 AM »

I've never been to ryc but been to l-cross plenty of times.  I've only been on adult only weekends which can get pretty wild but never out of hand.  I've seen a few fights but they were stopped quick either by security or just the people.  I've on a 4wheeler and a buggy and either way you gotta watch out for others because not everyone is paying attention.  The one thing I definently like about l-cross is the swimming hole in the back.  In the summer this is where you will find most people.  I'm looking forward to trying ryc soon only because it's closer to where I live now that it'll make it easier if I just a decide to go at the last minute.  To each is own though I've never been on the trail rides at l-cross just stuck to main areas b/c I just don't care for trail riding that much.  Either way you'll have a good time.

Political correctness offends me!!!
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 10:30:38 AM »

You have to experience both for yourself.  RNYC has a huge ridable area for mudding, if thats your thing.  IF you are on a 2wd or small truck you will not like RYC, it is mainly big trucks and 4x4 atv's

08 Brute 750
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com