Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RALLY to Save Trails  (Read 28875 times)
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2010, 02:07:11 AM »

It may be time for ALL of us to Unite and become ONE Large Group in order to HELP SAVE OUR TRAILS.
ATVs
Side x Side
Dirt Bikes
Jeeps
4 X 4

Joining together now is not really too late. With people on here from all around it should be easy to spread the word and plan one big Rally to show support for ALL of the TRAILS. Contact as many Clubs as possible, get the word out so a vote of location and dates can be set.
It would be a great idea to involve the Presidents of each club so they may contact many more interested people. Contact your local paper and let them know that your group is looking for support in this matter.
There are many Advocates, Ambassadors, interest groups, and such out there to get this rolling.

Saving our rights to enjoy our own land should be a priority......a must.....so join together.......

Show your interest  here,  links of clubs contacted, and get things rolling to have a management from all of these come together.

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:39:14 PM »

With Out Uniting......individual comments and complaining will only be just that.............

Let's get together......NOW.!

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 08:39:57 AM »

so what happen to all the enthusiasm?Huh Cry   I guess you saw reality and realized 1800+ people saw the post and not one got involved??? Huh   welcome to the world of off-road vehicles Sad

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 12:55:54 PM »

so what happen to all the enthusiasm?Huh Cry   I guess you saw reality and realized 1800+ people saw the post and not one got involved??? Huh   welcome to the world of off-road vehicles Sad

"zman03"

My enthusiasm is only increasing! As many others have read this from the top....but yet to reply  - comment - or such - YOU are the only one to comment here.

So thank You for your comment.

I am highly active in saving trails. Between the time I spend researching USDA/USFS - BLM - F&W, House of Natural Resources, Congress, Senate and many other government sites, and then attending rallies - jamborees - meetings and again----so much more.....I stay very busy at Advocating.
Plus, continuous education is needed to stay informed.

So are you saying YOU wish to help in this? Are YOU Volunteering to be a part of Saving Trails?

Let me know what level YOU want to be a part of this Saving Trails and I will gladly assist YOU.

Again, Thank you for your comment.

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 05:18:10 PM »

https://secure3.convio.net/arra/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&cmd=display&page=ActionAlertTakenPage&id=249

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 06:23:44 PM »

So does this mean "AintSkeered" YOU keep up on a lot of this or are you just showing that page for some one? I ask because I deal in so much that even this page is a bit old to me. I "stay on the trail" so to speak.....keeping up on as much as the government will let me.

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 07:35:53 PM »

Nah! I'm just a country bumpkin who can hardly even read. Here's a picture of my family.

* Family Portrait.jpg (68.62 KB, 500x399 - viewed 563 times.)

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
abrady

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 08:09:43 PM »

would likr to see a rally but my county said no.

o9 550 H1, mudlites
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 10:43:10 PM »

Nah! I'm just a country bumpkin who can hardly even read. Here's a picture of my family.

I won't even attempt to guess which may be you!

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 10:54:56 PM »

would likr to see a rally but my county said no.

Your county said NO....Huh Now why is that? What type of Rally was it to be that the county would say NO?. Was the County invited for their input in the Rally? Was your County aware of the revenue it would bring to local merchants? Was your County excluding this Rally you speak of for a particular reason? The MONEY Thing usually gets the attention of a County Council when they find out how controlled, insured, No Alcohol, other specifics to control and produce revenue, that a Rally can be for local merchants and Taxes.

So do tell about this one Please. I really like standing up before those "Superior Beings" and tell them that an activity brings revenue - supports local merchants - is insured -does not cost the tax payer a dime....... and I like to invite some one from the press or TV Station to catch the responses.

Rallies - Jamborees - conventions - any mass gathering of the public that is well controlled and produces revenue.....is Not Allowed? Some body didn't stand tall enough!
( Daytona Speedway throws away more money into the county during speed weeks than the county makes all year from the typical revenue - local merchants are kept operating and paying taxes too)

So do tell more of this county Not Allowing this Rally Please!

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 08:06:57 AM »

oAAC, you have like 11 posts on here. Use the search engine on hear and search atv rally. A guy on here named Dreth organized an atv rally that was going to be at Lakeland International Speedway. He had the attention of all the national mags, factories and dealers from all over the state. Even had news channels doing slots with members on here at the ttrack in Lakeland, TRX#9 was one I believe. It was spoke of across the nation. We expected thousands of people to show up but for some strange reason a couple weeks before the rally the landowner pulled the plug and it was moved by emergency to LCross down in Okeechobee area. That was the death of the rally and mainly only a hundred or so from this forum showed. The news channels didnt show and neither did all the extra stuff. Everyone pointed fingers and crushed the spirit of the guy who worked his azz off to get it going. It was a 2nd job to him and took a lot of time from his family and he didnt get anything from it except a lot of finger pointing people who do nothing but complain even if they were hung with a new rope!  I like your enthusiasm, but you are not the first person to go here. As long as the private sector opens parks for us to ride I am happy, when they dont I will just go watch my son race and ride on my property.
I know your gonna come at me with the rah rah stuff, but face it Florida is not interested in opening more trails for us to tear up on atvs that they see as dangerous and destructive. Blue hairs spend more money for condos, townhomes, trailer parks and golf courses than we will ever spend.
Oh yeah, due to the rally  and all the support it recieved before the "change in venue" PaulS opened up the Florida Motoplex and it is private, no state funds there as far as I know.
Anoriginal
I CRUSH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Supreme Member

Git it Rag!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 08:54:25 AM »

I agree with Greenmachine and wish to add to his comments.

Another problem you have with the ATV crowd in Florida is the old 80/20 rule. No matter what 80% of us do, it's negated by the 20% who choose to act like idiots. It's that 20% element that will continue to get places closed off and prevent new areas from opening.

In addition, I'm involved with other organizations dedicated to recreational access. Namely, larger sportsman organizations. All of the people associated with that particular segment are (mostly) on the same page and really pull together when the need is present. The ATV community does not. There are too many "factions" within our community that take an all or nothing approach to the fight, often at the cost of the entire battle.

I applaud your enthusiasm and, I wish you the best. However, the ATV crowd is it's own worst enemy and I am afraid it will continue to be so.

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 05:53:43 PM »

Another problem you have with the ATV crowd in Florida is the old 80/20 rule. No matter what 80% of us do, it's negated by the 20% who choose to act like idiots. It's that 20% element that will continue to get places closed off and prevent new areas from opening.

In addition, I'm involved with other organizations dedicated to recreational access. Namely, larger sportsman organizations. All of the people associated with that particular segment are (mostly) on the same page and really pull together when the need is present. The ATV community does not. There are too many "factions" within our community that take an all or nothing approach to the fight, often at the cost of the entire battle.

I applaud your enthusiasm and, I wish you the best. However, the ATV crowd is it's own worst enemy and I am afraid it will continue to be so.

well said and the highlighted quote is spot on. These goons in the 20% are the ones who ride with no protective gear, race on roadways, dump trash, rev loud pipes near neighborhoods, get wasted and make bad judgement calls and just act like total idiots when on an atv!  I can go on & on......
Good luck with your program...
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 11:39:06 PM »

oAAC, you have like 11 posts on here. Use the search engine on hear and search atv rally. A guy on here named Dreth organized an atv rally that was going to be at Lakeland International Speedway. He had the attention of all the national mags, factories and dealers from all over the state. Even had news channels doing slots with members on here at the ttrack in Lakeland, TRX#9 was one I believe. It was spoke of across the nation. We expected thousands of people to show up but for some strange reason a couple weeks before the rally the landowner pulled the plug and it was moved by emergency to LCross down in Okeechobee area. That was the death of the rally and mainly only a hundred or so from this forum showed. The news channels didnt show and neither did all the extra stuff. Everyone pointed fingers and crushed the spirit of the guy who worked his azz off to get it going. It was a 2nd job to him and took a lot of time from his family and he didnt get anything from it except a lot of finger pointing people who do nothing but complain even if they were hung with a new rope!  I like your enthusiasm, but you are not the first person to go here. As long as the private sector opens parks for us to ride I am happy, when they dont I will just go watch my son race and ride on my property.
I know your gonna come at me with the rah rah stuff, but face it Florida is not interested in opening more trails for us to tear up on atvs that they see as dangerous and destructive. Blue hairs spend more money for condos, townhomes, trailer parks and golf courses than we will ever spend.
Oh yeah, due to the rally  and all the support it recieved before the "change in venue" PaulS opened up the Florida Motoplex and it is private, no state funds there as far as I know.

Mr. Greenmachine (first name ?________)

My name is Robert Brooks, I am a Trail Advocate for Saving Trails.

No.....I am Not going to come back at you with any "ruff - ruff".

In some ways I agree with you too..................but......................

If the "Blue Hairs" or such are the problem.....than be on their side somewhat....listen to what they have to say.....then work on things starting from there......understand?

As for Dreth who had organized a "Rally" and things went "South on him"...... I don't know the particulars as to why things changed so but maybe it is for reasons that none of us may ever know. Things can happen that way some times.
I know when I have organized a Rally and sat down with the facility Owner /manager, than contracts were signed. This would cover the Organizer and the Owners. If any one pulled out after signing and revenue was already placed for the advertisement - printing - insurance - or most anything else, than the one who pulled out was responsible for all of those cost. Really not a smart thing to do - owner cancel - if so much marketing was involved. Like I said.....unknown reasons.....maybe no CYA in place.....who knows?

One of the best approaches to finding out if an area may accept an ATV Park - Rally - or just for New Trails, is by attending Council Meetings - bring up the question to them - get responses from those who are attending - schedule for submissions and return to the next meeting when more people may attend to oppose your idea. That gives YOU the time to complete research and petitions to back things up. Revenue being brought into a community will get the attention of the local merchants and council as well.

It is kind of like when a Large Corporation wants to enter into a community with their business, they just don't jump in with buying land and think it will all be ok. research is done, ideas are submitted to Councils and communities, public relations, education, and wearing out shoes by being in the community and talking to locals face to face.

Do you want some large company to build their business behind your house? Next Door? Or even with in site of your house? Think a little bit about this. To be educated about your opponent - makes you more educated to succeed at your ideas and the things you wish to accomplish.
Be more informed of your opponent, see their side, and use this to build your "business" or ideas to accomplish the final outcome.

NO.........it is Not Easy by any means......... don't give up just because a challenge is in the way or slowing things down...........most times this is when success is more prevalent.
I spent some time with a mayor in a city, gave my speeches, showed potential revenue from a rally, asked for their input to "help" - get them involved - and the next thing was meeting with a judge who was also over the county roads. Making sure ATV's could use those roads responsibly with due care to travel from Trail head to Trail head - again - mentioning the same things I did to the mayor. Believe it or not.....the mayor and judge got together and came up with some good ideas because local merchants were to gain mostly. 

As you can see.....I Do Not Give Up so Easy. Until I am flat out told get out of their office and don't come back......... I start to push the local merchants by way of the Chamber of Commerce. Merchants are what supports a community.......like a mall will bring way too much traffic so the developer pays to expand roads and utilities so the mall goes in.

I appreciate the support from all of you too. I have a pages on Face Book that you may be of help with if you don't mind.....?

I don't want to clutter too much here - but your input is greatly appreciated so bring it on!

.........(education......ya got luv it don't ya? )..........

Just so you all know.....The Department of Interior has a lot to do with what is happening in the USDA/USFS and the "New Planning Rule" that will be available after Jan 2011...... for which I am highly involved with....... so I guess that is why the Department of Interior monitors a lot of what I do -when I "Comment" and "Appeal" EIS - FOIA - USDA - USFA - ( and too many others) about our own government "stealing" our recreational rights of our forest.

Thought I would throw that out there by the way.

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 11:58:25 PM »

I won't even attempt to guess which may be you!
let me just say he dont wear that dress anymore at least not when he grows his beard out like that haha

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 12:04:06 AM »

Thank You for a response.....You are right too!

Ever check to see what land a "county owns" that for business reason is not suitable? This is when some time is spent to research that land....... all public records....... find out some history about it........ wear out some shoes........ then approach the area people to see what they may think of your idea as in ......say.....putting in a controlled ATV / OHV Park that will bring revenue to the area. Sure you will encounter some opposition, is that when you STOP.....Hell No!

Take a look at the Hatefield - McCoy Trail System....... County Run - state funded by the RTP Program, and many merchants sprung up because of it.........10 YEARS YOUNG and many Rallies - Jamborees and such later......... Revenue and Taxes were paid too.
The Anthracite ATV / OHV Park in development in Pa. is modeling after them also. 6,500 acres of land dedicated for ATV - OHV - Horses - Hiking - hunting. >>>>>> REVENUE<<<<<<<<<

Is it that easy to just give up? Is the Government that powerful over one's will to prevent responsible recreation? For the Government to Refuse a communities will to succeed in bringing in revenue and sustaining a community?

A child will keep after the parent when they really want something until the parent finally gives in just to get them out of their face and not hear about it any more. It does work most times as an adult too........I know!

Guys.....and girls if here.......if you want it bad enough.......don't give up....... become a thorn if you must......just be a polite one and Smile too!

Hey....if this helps any one start to think and get some what a bit  - excited - and want to get involved to get things done..........

Than Just Do It!

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 09:45:24 PM »

good luck with your venture. Open a park and I will ride it.
I cant afford to sit in peoples offices all day long badgering them for a place to ride. i will continue to go to tracks and places like Motoplex & DFMR. The cost to ride their is much less than a days work it would take to lobby your elected officials.
This isnt arizona or california with thousands of miles of desert that is 100% useless.
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 10:02:49 PM »

GREENMACHINE

I suggest that maybe it is a good idea to Support a Trail Advocate so YOU can enjoy trails more.

Those Parks that you speak of have limitations compared to trails in our forest for sure. Nothing wrong with parks if you wish to ride in "circles" and limited trail mileage though. Yes there are other reasons to ride parks. There is nothing like being in Our Forest on trails, around nature, in the woods, and being with family and friends too. To each their own though.

I will always ride in the forest on trails responsibly. From Florida to Indiana - Oklahoma to Virginia. I will continue to Advocate for these Trails till I can no longer do so.

Your Support is greatly appreciated and accepted.

I thank You for your comments.   

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 10:26:44 PM »

Supporting an Advocate does not mean you have to follow in their shoes. It would be nice though if you took a small portion of your time by writing to the politicians that are voting to close all of our trails. Even an email will help.

Help me ....Help YOU.........

Don't let the politicians vote our trails away.

Every action is the help needed.......So I ask

Just Help Me .....Help YOU

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 05:26:38 PM »

Here's some friendly advice. I can't help but say that you come across as kinda pompous. You are new to site that's got a lot of LONG TIME members and coming across that way sure aint gonna gain ya very much support or get people here to take you serious. Did you do any "research" about this longstanding site and it's member and activities? If so you would have found out about the last "rally" attempt. Maybe you could have simply asked if it's been done before?Huh? By the way I did a little research and this is what I came up with for Melrose (location of abrady). Here's the counties,
Welcome to Melrose!

Melrose is located in North Central Florida almost equally distant from the Alantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico. Being an unincorporated community sitting at the junction of Alachua, Bradford, Clay and Putnam Counties makes this a unique area.
"Now do tell" us how you fare when you stand up before those "superior beings". Florida is NOT Tn, Ky, Va, WV or the Carolinas. Two different worlds and classes of people. Another thing that just might help ya is to give us a history of yourself such as motives and past accomplishments. Pretty tight knit group here, hard to just pop up out of nowhere and get the response ya want. Good Luck
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 06:23:43 PM »

duroc825,

I was born in Homestead....raised in Ft. Lauderdale. Also lived in West Palm...west.
I appologize that you may take my comments as a way totally unlike they are intended.
Any further questions you may have will be accepted in a PM.

I am adding the content below, because duroc825 you did ask me for this.

Well to add some back ground as to what I do;

Trail Advocate for 5 years
Started 2 ATV Clubs (501 ( c ) ( 3 ) and state incorporation
President of a ATV Club
Recreational Incident Command - Cert
ALRA Member
BlueRibbon Coalition Member
NOHVCC Advocate
Tread Lightly! Trail Trainer
ARRA
USFS Chain Saw Cert.
American Trail Builder - Cert

Set up a community to receive RTP Funds for local parks for their support in county road use from ATV's.
Met with a Major and Judge to obtain Support for forest trails and the use of the right of way to travel from Trail Head to Trail Head
Met with USFS District Management - camaraderie began - Stakeholders were able to perform maintenance and repair on forest trails - ATV Bridges over sensitive creeks - re-bedding trail areas with trail blocks to prevent erosion  - Clearing trail of potential overhead dangers - continuous trail monitoring and so on.

This isn't a drop in the bucket as to all I have accomplished with USFS and a community. It will give a basis so far.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:08:40 PM by oAAC » Logged

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 06:27:58 PM »

The American Motorcyclist Association urges everyone to contact their Senators to vote "No" on a new Omnibus Public Lands Bill that has developed in the Senate.  Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid (NV) is determined to have the lame-duck land grab voted on before the close of this Congress.

After working with Senate Committee Staff, the AMA has been informed that the bill contains multiple land designations that threaten to end responsible motorized recreation across the country. There is also an effort to include designations that have never been voted out of their relevant Committees and vast spending measures that are irrelevant to public land access.

This land grab is reminiscent of the 2009 closure of 2.1 million acres of public land to the American people. This legislation, as before, was created behind closed doors and without the transparent process new laws should have.

With such a short time frame for action, the best way to tell your Senators to oppose the new Omnibus Public Lands Bill is to call.  Click here to get the phone number for your Senators.  Enter your zip code in the "Find Your Officials" box and click on the name of your Senators.

Critical attention must be paid to the following Senators that have great influence over the future of this legislation. If you are a constituent of any of these Senators, please call them today and ask everyone you know to do the same:  Senators McCain (AZ), Bennett (UT), Corker (TN), Brownback (KS), Voinovich (OH), Collins (ME), Snowe (ME), McConnell (KY), Kyl (AZ), Thune (SD), Barrasso (WY), Bunning (KY), Burr (NC), Risch (ID), Ensign (NV) and Sessions (AL).

The AMA previously sent a letter to Congressional leadership expressing concern that just such a bill would be created to push a unilateral agenda by the administration to close millions of acres of public land. To view that letter, click here.

Every Senator must know to oppose the new Omnibus Public Lands Bill!

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 07:34:12 PM »

I hate to say it but you forgot to put the senators name from florida.  this website is atvFLORIDA.com   and SOUTH FLORIDA is the place your help would greatly be appreciated!!! ACCORDING TO THE DEPT OF MOTOR VEHICLES CURRENT RECORDS     We here in south FLORIDA  have 25% (64,000+) of the states registered off-road vehicles WITHOUT one single legal place to safely and legally ride.    There is nowhere you can legally or safely go and recreate south of Lake Okeechobee!!!     WILL YOU HELP??? Roll Eyes Sad   
                              :'(CAN YOU HELP??? Cry

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 07:41:32 PM »

zman...........PM waiting reply

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
oAAC

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 08:01:31 PM »

I hate to say it but you forgot to put the senators name from florida.  this website is atvFLORIDA.com   and SOUTH FLORIDA is the place your help would greatly be appreciated!!! ACCORDING TO THE DEPT OF MOTOR VEHICLES CURRENT RECORDS     We here in south FLORIDA  have 25% (64,000+) of the states registered off-road vehicles WITHOUT one single legal place to safely and legally ride.    There is nowhere you can legally or safely go and recreate south of Lake Okeechobee!!!     WILL YOU HELP??? Roll Eyes Sad   
                              :'(CAN YOU HELP??? Cry

zman03........

The Senator list is of those who are FOR recreational riding. South Fla Senator was not left out by me........ The Senator Does Not  Support recreational riding because of his constituents are against those who ride trails, forest riding, ATV's, Motocross, and the like.

I am terrible on names, so I will do my best on this one........

Some years ago a woman, I think she was around her 70's or so, had lobbied to preserve the natural wilderness of the glades and surrounding areas. She done this over 30 or so years. So areas that may have shown , at some time that it was a habitat for one type of animal or another, she would lobby to preserve the area and it would become wilderness.

As we ALL know, Wilderness Areas are untouchable by man kind according to National and State policies. Even I don't have enough life left to fight a Wilderness area. ......BUT....... it does not say that the out lying areas are preserved as Wilderness. That is where the "Rules" come into play as in "What or Who" may be in that areas.
I know how much the Broward County area has over grown past it's seems. When you go west you run into the Wilderness Preservation Area. At one time I was one of those who was employed there due to so much construction.
Now I would need to be a little more informed as to the current conditions. 

ATV Trail Consultant
ATV Trail Ambassador
ATV Trail Advocate
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com